Tissue changes discussion

i stopped propecia on 27/02/2018.
Right after, i noticed a big increase in sebum production with consequent appearance of numerous blackheads. This lasted for almost two weeks.
next, my skin turned completely dry, some fine lines appeared under the lower eyelids and this proceeded at a high rate, day by day.
some of these fine scratches turned in something similar to post-acneic scars and then, the scars, became depressed zone and the depressed zones became blown lipoatrophy.
I told this to my dermatologist who asked me "are you working? are seeing friends? and shit like that, and i knew, as others here also experienced, the “is all in your head” phenomenon. I felt alone, depressed, scared. My parents as well thought that i was crazy, they wanted to take me in a mental hospital.
This lasted for almost 2 month, then stopped.
After another month, just when i thought that nothing else could happen, started again, this time involving the naso-labial area.
Less then one month ago, involved the temples.
What else should i expect, now?

But i won’t attach photos: since this hell started, i stopped looking myself into the mirrors and i avoid cameras. Sorry :frowning::slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

@Scotsman Thanks Scotsmans i really appreciate what you said :blush: same goes with you.
As for the skin on my hands it seems to spring back instantly, it’s more stretchy but still comes back, if i do the same around my eyelids or temples it springs back but may leave a little bump for a few minutes but overall i think it’s ok ish. My arms sag ever so slightly, my lower arms, it ain’t that noticeable to it’s not as tight but that could be the weird fat underneath it, just weird how each body part feels so different.

@holyhead Hey Holyhead thanks for posting, that’s very interesting about baking soda, do you just take a spoonful of it a day? I’ll have a read some of your posts when i get a chance, i think i have some downstairs so I’ll give it a try thank you :blush:

@Go_Faster_Sonic Hi sonic, thanks very much for the detailed account. That’s extremely interesting with your skin turning dry too, i feel a constant dryness through my body from the inside out, even though my skin isn’t that dry, it feels dry and my lips are always dry along with my eyes, i feel like I’ve been stuck in a desert the past couple of months.
I also have a a few fine lines under each eyelid that never was there previously, my skin indents very easily so if i scrunch my face some indents will be left for a while, but the lines under each eye are constant for now.
I’m very sorry to hear you’ve gone through a lot of physical changes also, i actually have a depressed zone or slight indent on my cheek that i never had, i think it was from one of the spots I had on accutane and it never healed or something, I can’t specifically remember but it was never there before as far as im aware.
I also told a couple of people about my skin and each person said im looking to closely at myself, this is normal etc etc, everyone gets wrinkles and lines, your skin healing devreases with ages etc.
Yeah like going from 19-20 is a big age difference… Sigh.

That’s no worries about the pictures, i appreciate you sharing this and i completely get what you mean about looking in mirrors and stuff. I get very upset seeing my graduation photos a year ago, just feels like it’s not me physically or mentally.

We will get through this though and hopefully get our old selves back eventually :blush:

1 Like

Guys, i found two studies that might help (but i think that we should fix the underlying issue);

are called:

• Successful treatment of lipoatrophy with normal saline
  • Relapsing insulin-induced lipoatrophy, cured by prolonged low-dose oral prednisone: a case report

I’m interested in reading more about this, i’ll do some searching. Thanks for sharing devo and sonic

So far I have found nothing to help physical sides…TRT, Clomid, supplementation etc helped mentally and my hair and skin has improved back a “little” The crazy body changes of fat and fluid gain only continue to get worse for me…

https://www.nature.com/articles/pr19842389

thats because your metabolism is fucked. Have you tested your dht levels? i went from unable to gain any fat to a pregnant looking female, my dht came back below range

Yeah its all on my blog I saw Mark Gordon in LA spent a fortune on labs…My hormones are all normal and estrogen is perfect he said he doesn’t know what is causeing it…If it was a simple as low DHT the TRT should have corrected it…But I suspect it is a form of androgen silencing in different tissues resulting from the so called AR Over expression of the bell curve that Charles Ryan spoke of that causes this shut down…

1 Like

Hi there Go. Do you have links to the two studies you mention?

just google the titles and you’ll find them. if you don’t find the full studies but only the abstracts, pm me :wink:

1 Like

I just want to inform you that, after my report, lipoatrophy has now been added to the symptoms list on the post-finasteride-syndrome foundation web site.
is there any way to add it to the label?

2 Likes

The first thing to do in that regard is to ensure that you or your doctor have filled out an adverse event report to your country’s relevant body. Details here: https://www.pfsfoundation.org/report-side-effects/

pff, my doctoe laugh at me

In the U.K. you can fill out an adverse event report yourself. Here’s a link to the Italian citizen’s reporting form: http://www.agenziafarmaco.gov.it/sites/default/files/tipo_file07d6.pdf

1 Like

guys, i have a question. when does lipoatrphy stop? does it stop? mine proceeds, after almost 7 months…
i feel like i wanna die because of this…

I’m not sure if there is a definitive answer to this sadly. Mine stopped. I saw a dermatologist privately who listed connective tissue disease as one of her specialities not long after I became aware of the subcutaneous fat loss. She requested an autoimmune blood test which came back very weak positive, although this result can occur in those without any autoimmune issues. She believed that if this was a reaction to coming off finasteride then I may have taken a one off “hit” and that it was probably not continually degenerative in nature (I’m paraphrasing what she said as I can’t remember her exact words). Although this has proven to be the case for me, there do appear to be other cases where the damage appears progressive. I would discuss with a doctor if you have any concerns, although I appreciate that they are not always the most open to what has happened. Maybe if you had photographs to show them of what you were like before it might help convince them that this is real. It could be that you have become aware of the fat loss whilst you are losing it whereas I became aware of it later on? Maybe it is a process that reaches an equilibrium post-finasteride?

1 Like

One thing I can say for sure is I did not get lipotrphy…My face and entire body look like a swollen mess with rolls of watery fat even all over rib cage and areas where you dont usually store fat…Also the skin and markings as the op showed here in pics occurs on me in areas that are naturally lean like wrist and ankle, hand and forearm areas even dimple and show these lines if compressed…All my body hair turned white and is extremely dry and brrittle and facial hair the samething…

1 Like

I’ve had some fucking crazy skin changes man. My skin is loosing its elasticity and my whole body is softening and feminizing.

2 Likes

Yeah, my muscles have all deflated. I bet I’ll have trouble putting on mass again. Anyone else missing a part of their ass so that they easily get pins and needles in their leg?

1 Like