Tinnitus, did anyone recover? HELP, CANT SLEEP. LOSING HOPE

@bluejaysfan the same thing happened to me I took it on and off for years not knowing the cause of my worsening health.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies guys.
Being new to this forum, and PFS, I still canā€™t find any evidence as to whether people who have PFS symptoms only occur after stopping F, are advised to get back on it, or should stay off it?
Can anyone shed some light?
I wish I hadnā€™t let it lapse for 3 months, most likely resulting in this screaming tinnitus, but now that I have more F Iā€™m not sure whether to take it anymore.
If I continue back on it, will it make symptoms (Tinnitus) worse, If I stay off it, will it make it worse?
What is the consensus with other PFS sufferers?

I believe the consensus is that the people who get back on Fin or any other potent 5ARI or anti-androgen after quitting it may experience short term improvements but are highly susceptible to a second ā€˜crashā€™ that permanently worsens your condition and can introduce new devastating mental and physical symptoms.

That said, I do not speak from personal experience. Of course the average member on this forum is going to be biased and against the idea of getting back on Fin. Forum admins have mentioned a pattern of patients returning to anti-androgens only to end up worse and even commiting suicide. There are some threads that debate this topic.

Man, itā€™s a tough call. I think guys can get fin sides either on or after stopping. Youā€™re maybe the longest fin user Iā€™ve heard of. I know a lot say to try and ease off fin as opposed to stopping abruptly.

I also have tinnitus and hearing issues. My tinnitus seems worse in the morning. Itā€™s not terrible by any means but I notice it. Sounds like electricity humming. At work in a fairly quiet factory, i need ear plugs and use them religiously. Iā€™m definitely more effected. One of the worst sounds for me is bass.

I think you should ease off but definitely hear more opinions. Maybe you can dodge further sides?
ā€¦and they are countless.

I hope you get more responses.

@RetroBoy I can confirm in my situation that I developed symptoms while on the drug. Anxiety, loss of libido and insomnia within weeks. I took it every day for approx 2 years. Apart from the libido I didnā€™t recognise the culprit. I continued taking it on and off for 18 years up until 2.5 ago. Severity and more symptoms developed/increased each time. The last time I took it I remember my tongue being stuck to the roof of my mouth upon wakening and my gum recession kicked off, the Tinnitus was like a jet engine and I couldnā€™t touch anything with my fingers as they were so dry. Weeks later I discovered the forum. Iā€™m now extremely sensitive to everything and have all documented sides and more. My advice would be to never touch it again.

1 Like

Thank you @LazarusRy Iā€™m sorry to hear that.
I feel I may be on a similar path, now that Iā€™m more aware.
Apart from the tinnitus, my libido has fallen off a cliff and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m losing girth.
This is all within the last 3 weeks.

So, when you discovered the forum and the symptoms, you discontinued taking it.
Have you normalized in any way in the 2.5 years without it in your system?
Has your tinnitus subsided? Have any other symptoms improved?

When faced with such a predicament, as I am right now, itā€™s hard to decide to get back on it, or try to eradicate it from my system.

Thanks to anyone with some input.

1 Like

@RetroBoy looking back when I stopped for a few months at a time I did not deteriate further. At one point I was off it for approx 1 year and didnt notice a change. However again when looking back when I restarted I developed new problems within weeks. So Iā€™d say the stopping and starting definitely caused more damage. Iā€™d say if I hadnā€™t taken it the last few times I wouldnā€™t be as bad and then thereā€™s the effect of the meds the doc prescribed to stabilise my anxiety 18 months ago trazadone, gabapentin and mekatonin. Personally I think you may still have a chance to recover. None of my existing sides have gone but they arenā€™t as bad as when I was in the crash status. The other meds have made me worse. Sometimes out of desperation I do consider restarting fin but am aware that any related foods provide me with a brief upturn followed by more trouble. Fin is so much stronger and could bring about something even worse. Donā€™t risk it mate

However seen that your back on fin it may be the lesser of two evils. Itā€™s a tough call.

I have tinnitus, I suffer from PAS.
Do you hear it louder after heavy alcohol?

1 Like

Im reluctant to make a contribution to this post, becuz my tinntius is back this day somehow (I had a very tough week of night shift though, so i dont know)ā€¦My tinntitus got really really better for almost 2 weeks now (Except for today). The only things im taking are high doses of Sarcosine+NAC. I was going to wait at least 2 month before saying that anything got better (You already know why), but since my tinnitus came back today, i felt guilty for not sharing this, since the last 2 weeks of almost being tinnitus free,were really the best days since getting PFS.
Please dont try anything if you are not willing to take risks, there are no guarantees that you might not get worse. To me fighting PFS is a matter of life and death, so im willing to do anything.

1 Like

My Tinnitus subsided a few days ago - Itā€™s still there consistently but more tolerable for now.
Although, it does spike back up sometimes.
Iā€™ve been back on Fin for a couple of weeks but now fear Iā€™m developing other side effects.
Loss of libido, Numb shriveling you know what, Dry skin on hands, of course the anxiety that goes along with realizing your body may be changing as we speak.
And wondering whether to stay on or get off. Surely there must be a definitive answer to that?
I took it for 20 years without any noticable sides except watery ejaculate.
I went to my local GP today and he thinks that I would have noticed these symptoms within the first couple of weeks after cessation. But I only developed the Tinnitus after about 11 weeks off.
Iā€™m (possibly) developing other physical sides now - Iā€™m back on approx 2 weeks now.
I donā€™t know where to get correct advice.
Iā€™m going to hit up the doctor that has been prescribing my fin for the last 20 years.
Itā€™s a requisite that I see him once a year to renew prescription. He usually vaguely asks if I have any side effects, then gives me another course.

1 Like

so hopping back on fin actually helped reduce your tinnitus? thats interesting.

goodluck buddy, i hope the fin makes you symptom free again.

keeo us updated on your progress!

1 Like

No, I certainly canā€™t say that for sure. Not with any certainty at all.
Tinnitus is itā€™s own head fak. It can come and go, settle down, spike back up.
Last night it was quiet, this morning and today it is back louder.
I went to an audiologist today to have my ears tested. Hearing is around the same as last test 3 years ago.
He couldnā€™t really explain this onset of T. I told him that it occurred after a band practice, but that we practice every week for years without any effects like ringing in ears after. He thought it strange that it occurred now. I told him about Fin but he said that just about every medication ever has been linked to Tinnitus - as itā€™s mostly anecdotal, nothing can be verified.
So, this may still be just due to one loud session too many - causing some hearing damage that may settle over time.
Tinnitus, as with a lot of the other sides linked to PFS, is exacerbated by stress and focusing on it.
Likewise, it is perceptibly relieved by staying calm and switching your focus away from it.

Are the ringing in your ears gone now

No they arenā€™t. Gets stronger and quieter but still there. More of static sound than ringing tho

Iā€™m very sorry that youā€™re going through this

I too have suffered greatly for years
I canā€™t remember the origin as I abused my ears but anal took Finasteride as well

Iā€™ve had definitely some bad years with it but I can tell you with time it can get better
It certainly has for me

Unfortunately it does take time. Mine even switched ears. From both ears to my left ear and even got quieter!

So if this is a new symptom for you that is when it is the worst. It does take time for you to acclimate to it and once you do it gets a bit better.

The worst thing you can do is get upset or freak out for a lack of a better word. That just makes the sound worse sound wise and anxiety wise.

Youā€™re going to have to try many things to at least quiet it a little.
If youā€™d like some supper just message me anytime ok?
Iā€™ll answer back I promise

Believe I understand

1 Like