Tinnitus, did anyone recover? HELP, CANT SLEEP. LOSING HOPE

I hope they do find something so you’ll have some idea of what to do.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure something isn’t up with our Estrogen processing …
There’s some similarities with what we get here like the insomnia , tinnitus etc that women through the menopause also get when their Estrogen levels plummet. I’m not saying this is the reason 100% but I feel it could be something to look into at this stage

1 Like

yes brother, I’ve read some articles about hormones (male and female). Women get the symptoms you mentioned during their menopause or when they their ovaries stop working its due to their imbalance in hormones (i.e. estrogen).

I’ll post my results when I’ve got them.

1 Like

Would make sense.
But does estrogen plummeting explain muscle loss? I thought that was a testosterone thing?

1 Like

I think that would be from something androgen related , but again I’m not sure .
The messed up estrogen receptor may account for the tinnitus , the severe insomnia , the dry skin issues and some of the mood disorder/feelings of wellbeing/ emotions . I know these are things women of that age group often suffer with .

1 Like

Yes that sounds good . Do you know the exact hormones that will be checked for on the panel??

By the way - my tinnitus is high pitched too , I know how annoying it is :frowning:

1 Like

They’re going to test the following: cortisol, DHEA, oestradiol, progesteron and testosteron.

Tell me something brother, high pitched like a malfunctioning computer it bothers me the most as for now.

Its been 24/7 for 6 weeks straight, so Im hoping it will either completely resolve or diminish over time. : (

I cant sleep on that ear (because it makes the sound even louder) or use a headset. It frickin sucks.

1 Like

That’s good - the progesterone one in there may be especially helpful but I suspect finasteride has affected all of those hormones negatively :frowning:

Yeah ! It’s a strange one , I never had a PFS crash so to speak so for a while when I first discontinued Finasteride I wasn’t sure anything bad was gonna happen and I didn’t feel different really. Then the ringing in the ears slowly developed over a couple of days and that’s when all the other shit started happening . I almost associate PFS totally with this sound that’s constantly in my ears now , although over time it has got a little better.

I’d describe it as “sound number 2” on the American Tinnitus association website - high pitched at 7500hz . It’s a little bit of a woosh to it as well but it’s mainly that sound .
Best of luck with the results for tomorrow, whatever the outcome I hope you recover quickly :pray:

I AM SO WORRIED TODAY I WORE A HEADSET for like 2 hours THAT BARELY COVERED MY LEFT EAR (ONE WITH TINNITUS) AND NOW IT GOT WORSE. I played a game first time since a long while even cautious enough to not cover my ear with the ringing and now this happened : ((

I CANT SLEEP DUE TO THE NOISE, will the volume go down? ITS BEEN 4 HOURS AND THE NOISE IS CONTSTANT.

EDIT: Woke up this morning its still very loud (even louder than before). Why did this happen its so weird.

:sob: :gun:

I’m so sorry man I went through all of this too and still am to do some degree…

The only thing that helped me get through it when it was really bad was Ativan.
That and time

I’ve had it be regular, tolerable bad
And like what you’re having right now
Like horrendously bad and when it was like that it took Idk maybe a week to start to calm down.
I hate to offer such shitty advice but please just stay strong
When it gets really bad and stressful try belly breathing to release a bit of stress because stress definitely makes it worse.
I’ve had such a weird and up and down journey with this believe me.

We are here for you

1 Like

Thanks for your response brother. Sorry to hear that you are going through the same nightmare as me…

The way you describe it is exactly how my tinnitus used to go (until yesterday).

Im so scared that I’ve done more permanent damage, since the tone and volume seems to stay constant since yesterday evening. I dont even understand how this could’ve happened. I didn’t cover my left ear with the headphones, this just totally beats me.

It gives me some hope that the volume might go down again, right now its unbearable!
Im totally lost bro, cant focus at work.
I hope it gets better soon or else this is going to ruin me…

1 Like

Although im 6 weeks off, Im considering supplementing with b12 and zinc to see if I can get the volume of the ringing down. Any thoughts on this?

I have 10 Years after the Crash Tinnitus, heavy Tinnitus that is a Train in my ears !
10 Years burnig red eyes, red face,red ears an skin burning… my Body is inflammed
from the Head to the legs…

MSD is a Murder Company…

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that brother, how long did you use finasteride?

why does it feel like were cursed…

1 Like

Yea man I’m sorry you’re goimg through it as well
All you can do is give it time
If there’s was thing I know about mine is that it most certainly fluctuated with a range from OK to OMG…definitely some horrendous days with annoying days to some times of relief.
People seem to believe the tinitus can be brain inflammation.
There’s so many possible causes.

I have no idea how mine switched ears
But I try to remain hopeful that there will be at least a solid treatment and I remain grateful because it was so bad at one point and now its liveable for me
Among the other Shit I gotta deal with as a result of this god damned drug

1 Like

Hi all, first time post here.
I’ve joined the group due to my tinnitus. I became aware of PFS when browsing YouTube looking for tinnitus relief sounds. When I researched PFS more, I figure this could well have led to my Tinnitus flaring up to unprecedented levels, where it has been for 3 weeks now.
I have been taking Fin for about 22 years now, without many side effects. I’ve had tinnitus for around 10 years, but low level and manageable. I’ve always tried to wear hearing protection when needed.

I stopped taking fin in June when I ran out, so I was off it for about 11 weeks when this new level Tinnitus struck me.
I was at our band rehearsal and I noticed a lot of distortion in my ears. We don’t play loud, but this felt loud and uncomfortable. Next day I have this elevated hissing constantly going in my head. As well as that, I have a distorted rattle when I hear low frequency sounds like driving in car or some peoples voices. Similar to my baseline Tinnitus, but say 3 times worse.

When I heard about PFS, and realised that I had been without F for nearly 3 months, I thought this must be the reason for the sudden increase in my Tinnitus.

I went to the doctor to get some more F and told him all about it. He said I should get back on to the Fin straight away then. So, I’ve been taking it for a couple of weeks now but of course the Tinnitus hasn’t subsided at all.
So, my question to you PFS sufferers, If you have a crash AFTER stopping Fin, but had no adverse effect while on it, should you go back on it? Or should you stop taking it and try to heal without it?
Any advice, or links appreciated thanks.

I have it aswell and it’s super frustrating. Have to put on some nature sound audio or keep a fan running come bedtime, but even then there’s no point because of the insomnia.

Just wanted to say I quit propecia probably 3 or more times over the course of 10 yrs. I think I got stung by going back on and off. If I would have just stopped once or twice I might have made it out unscathed. But, I had no idea how dangerous this stuff was. That was 2009 and I’m still here.

1 Like