The first Trial with SAGE-217

Sage has been tested to be safe btw. Not sure which studies show it’s like benzos

1 Like

Doubt. If there are long term studies I’d be surprised. I mean, it just finished testing in phase 3.

1 Like

I personally would be inclined to take it for 3 months. Many antidepressants take months to start working. Things like libido can take a long time to turn around even if the original cause of problem might be eliminated overnight. We don’t just immediately become better. There can be an unwinding process and the drug just failed in a 2 week trial when it had been successful in longer ones.

For example, although we think the libido problems are a direct result of chemical problems, the pay might really be because of depression, and that might take much longer to reverse even if Allo levels could be fixed with one pill. I think there is emotional as well as physiological inertia with these things.

Another example is hormone replacement. People suffering effects of poor hormone levels might be able to fix them with one injection, yet take months to actually start feeling better. Just sharing what my personal inclination would be. Not trying to say it is THE way to do things.

1 Like

Im sorry for not being clear on the matter…There are actual studies on mice, that shows chronic adminstration of Allo have deleterious effects on memory, whereas short term adminstration normalized memory defecits even by mice affected by alzheimers…SAGE 217 was obvioulsly not tested yet, but Im thinking, if Zulresso worked for women with postpartal depression, and it is only for 3 days, since Zulresso have a very short half life…It looks, that it resets somehing in the brain (Although the longest they followed the women was 42 days if im not mistaken, but the response was still very good)…

1 Like

Hoping you have some success with this. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Can you post those studies?

Doesn’t sound correct because I don’t think there has been pure allopregnanolone before sage?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is there still a possibility of sage coming to market despite the recent trial issues?

1 Like

Good question, I am thinking of buying stocks as they have hit rock bottom right now. It could be the cure to depression and pfs

Isn’t Sage 217 designed to be taken continually, though? I would have to look at the research, but if it would just cure depression in a few weeks then why would they make a product designed to be taken long term? Seems no one would buy it since just take a few days and done.

Noone can answer that question for the time being…Sage was hoping, that the treatment would be intermittent, like 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, and so on…For the time being noone can say if it has to be taken continiously, or not…

Ofcourse there has been Allo long before SAGE came…Neurosteroids are not a new thing in the science…They were very known, and studied…The breakthrough in SAGE 217 is, it can be taken orally, and have a long halflife…i can post the studies, but im out, so i would do it tomorrow…You can look them up yourself, if you have time…

Ok thanks I guess I should take your word for it rather than commenting. I thought it was basically like Allo replacement therapy for people who are low on it. But that’s childishly simplistic. I will look at it some time.

i see studies with harmful substances that INCREASE allo, but i do not see direct allopregnanolone being administered

anyways take your time

only interested because if you take it 3 days only i feel like we would likely not see anything significant in regards to it working or not

but your health comes as a priority so im definitely not forcing you to change that either.

Please dont get me wrong on this guys…I have said it before, and im saying it again…
I am the only one responsible for this Trial, and noone should in anyway think, he can play, or would have played a role in case i got worse…
Im not fearing side effects of this Trial. Its defenitily not the matter…Im looking for the best way for this trial to be effective…I have read a lot of studies…I will post some of them (They are a lot, but if you want to understand, why im choosing the 3 day approach first (I still can do the 14 days if 3 days didnt bring much), you have to read them all…

There was a study, i cant find for the life of me, that stated, its most probably the short exposure, then the withdrawal of Allo, will trigger some changes in the brain, that are benefetial for Stress, and Alzheimer…Goddammit if i can find this study again (Ofc Noone knows what they meant with short exposure, but chronic Adminstration of Allo is defenitley not a good idea)

1 Like

My View is bias of course but imo:

Sage wanted to go after a bigger market which is major depressive disorder

While it can help them, Sage is more likely to be benedicial to treatment resistant depression.

So it’s about designing the study to see if it helps MDD.

They can always just go after the TRD segment.

2 Likes

I too share your opinion to be honest…They cant just enroll everyone who is mildly depressed, and expect it to work, since Placebo plays a big role by those kind of “mild Depression episodes”…
Im also somehow now convinced, that in order for SAGE 217 to work, it musnt be taken that often, or so long…The neuron stemcells, needs just the right signal for a short time, and they will proliferate, without the need of ALLO (its like pressing a button for one time, and the programm will begin, till the end), but it takes a week or two (This is actually proven in animal studies (1xAllo infusion is enough to stimulate the neurogenesis, and reverse many symptoms of chronic stress, or memory loss in alzheimers)I know its a process, that doesnt stop, but its very complicated, and if enough stemcells got to work, and enough BDNF is produced, it might just reset itself, We still have young brains, and we have a better chance to regenerate than someone in their seventies)…
I have again 0 sceintific evidence, that faulty neurogenesis is involved in our disease…But this might explain alot alot alot, why this fking Curse have otherwise non explained wavy patterns…1 or 2 weeks good, then 2 months bad, then 3 days good etc etc…
It might just be, that the neurogeneis got somehow stimulated (lets say, you heard a very very good news), and the stemmcells got stimulated (Which again takes them 1 to 2 weeks, till they become functional neurons), then suddenly you get better (although you had at this day, only shitty news, and you cant understand for the sake of f
k, why you got better, you have better sensitivty etc etc)…Then again thx to Fin, the signal to stimulate the stemmcells is pretty weak (very low Allo production), and we fall again in a state of faulty neurogenesis, and the shitshow goes again from the beginning…
Taking Allo, or Sage 217 for a long time is very likely not necessary to stimulate the neurogenesis, and it will only lead to alteration in the GABA receptor composition (Chronic Allo leads to tolerance, exactly like Benzos)…Benzos were sufficiently studied to treat Depression (And no, you cant treat depression with them, they are just ineffective), although they work to elevate to GABAergic transmission like Allo, this is not what cures depression (It explains to me at least, why benzos cant treat depression, while Allo might have the potential)…Allo stimulates the neurogenesis unlike Benzos (Take a look at this study), and this is the effect, that we need, not the sedation, or elevation in GABAergic transmission…Neurogenesis is very very important to combat depression (And i really dont want to know, how smaller my hippocampus has become becuz of this poison)…I dont want to defend the harvard study, but we cant just dismiss it, becuz it didnt prove our common theory (Andorgen receptor methylation)…And the findings, that we have same response in fMRT, exactly like people with MDD, is definitely not to be dismissed (Up untill now, we have imo 2 things, that lead us into a neurological origin our symptoms (Harvard, Melcangi), and one study with elevated AR density, which i cant really begin with tbh)
Please note, that this is my opinion, and i can never prove it.

4 Likes

I don’t experience the wavy condition you described btw

But go ahead and take sage however you see fit, and then adjust as necessary. Thanks for doing this

This is my most anticipated thread in development in 2020.

5 Likes

Or maybe ever.

I feel like ordering the drug and trying it my self.

My life has been on hold for far too long.

7 Likes

If you ordered it what would be your dosing strategy?