The first Trial with SAGE-217

they communicated that its in the review process

that itself can take long.

its frustrating for us, but its also normal

2 Likes

This is exactly the right interpretation for why it can take so long to do some research studies. These types of things will almost always run late rather than finish on time. The more complex the analysis, the more likely it is to be even longer.

Conspiracy theories come about when a process is not very transparent (an absolute requirement of scientific studies), there’s an emotional connection to the outcome of the process, and there are villainous and shadowy figures in close proximity to the process. It is very likely in this case it is just a frustrating and slow process, but it’s very common to spin conspiratorial stories when the situation is like this.

3 Likes

I asked him just the other day on the phone…Philip don’t know but 2 things, jack and shit…And Jack left town…

3 Likes

love your humour, never leave

Hopefully we all leave one day :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Im sorry guys for the late reply…
Im in a very dark place right now…
The expirement has failed dramatically…
SAGE-217 is not a cure for us.
Im sorry for saying this, but im considering this disease to be permanent…At least for the next decade…Who knows how much of this i can take.
Please be strong, and continue the road…Maybe there will be a miracle someday.

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting back. Maybe it’s not a cure but maybe what you bought was also not SAGE 217, it’s hard to know.

can you at least explain how it’s failed?

do you mean zero effects from it?

did you continue taking normal naps like pre-PFS?

1 Like

Sorry to disappoint you, but its 100% SAGE-217…The company i bought it from is 100% legit…They even sent me all testing reports, and their method of synthesizing the compound (I asked them for it, and they were really helpful, and responded very professionally)…SAGE-217 is not the answer…I would even go ahead and say, that neurosteroids might have been the problem at the first place…That was one of my theories, that ofcourse i dont have any proof of it…
Stopping Finasterid wont only affect DHT, but most probably neurosteroids level, and the surge of this hormones, might alter the GABA receptor composition, that at the end, the brain circuitry gets altered…The only thing, that i cant explain with this theory would be why some gets PFS after one pill???..We will never find out, untill many of us die, and gets his brain dissected…Another way would be animal models, but we are busy funding arroganat researchers, that wont even come to this forum, and make a decent comment…

2 Likes

I told you before, that i started getting heart palpitaions, that were associated with acute anxiety (Exactly like the fun anxiety from the crash)…I promised to take it for full 14 days, and thats what i did…
I got sucked into a massive anxiety attacks, and my Tinnitus has literally been 5 times worse…Usually i get tinnitus when its quite…Now i get it even when i hear music…
I hate to be arrogant, and say that this is definitely not a noceebo effect, but trust me…I take my body signals very very lightly, and dont actually notice them, till they become really bad, and when i say im worse, then it must be the SAGE-217, that got me worse, since my baseline was stable in the last 3 months…
Naps? heheh no way…That was only for couple of days…Its really sad guys…really sad

2 Likes

thanks for your summary

sorry it didnt work out for you

personally im still optimistic for sage as a therapeutic because i suffer from:

• sleep problems
  • brain fog
  • anhedonia

certainly dont think its a cure, and i dont think anyone thought it was a cure either

Im actually looking into another treatment now…I suppose noone of you has heard of it…
Its called Gepirone…Ofcourse the compound got blocked multiple times from the corrupt FDA (I cant understand, why these ppl are not in jail)…There were multiple studies that showed its efficacy, and showed a very well improvment in sexual function…The only problem was, that this medication was about to come, in time where most SSRIs were still in patent, and ofcourse the FDA wont approve a new medication that has no sexual side effects…What a corrupt world are we in?

5 Likes

Well I didn’t have very high hopes to begin with but it still sucks. Thank you for trying dude, at least now we know it doesnt work.

yap…Now i can rest in my grave knowing that i didnt miss any chance…I hope i wont suffer much longer…Its enough.

2 Likes

Man it was just one possibility. Don’t throw in the towel yet. If you are interested, I have found that low dose amisulpride helps me with depression. It is the only AD in the world that does. Also, Modafinil helps some peoples’ moods. Just take it as easy as you can, for a bit, and stay the hell away from this depressing forum. Just focus on other things the best you can for a bit. Remember that Spring and Summer, warmer weather, more cheerful people, more sunlight, etc is just around the corner. The community seems like it is starting to get more serious now and if people start actually doing things now, rather than only waiting for the admins and theoretical philanthropic rescuers to do everything, the ball can finally get rolling.

Don’t focus on worst case scenarios. It’s pointless. There are plenty of valid good case scenarios.

4 Likes

If you are out to try things, there are reports that rifampicin has cured people with PSSD. Here is a paper that may be relevant.

2 Likes

Although you didn’t mention exactly what he said to you, I don’t think he would be able to share any details so that would be the response I’d expect regardless of how much he knows.

1 Like

I think one study showed that only about half of PFS patients had low levels of Allopregnanolone.

So Sage 217 may still benefit some PFS patients.

3 Likes

Where did you hear these reports?

Plus, we still don’t know if it was real sage despite OP being very sure

and I’m no doctor or expert here with allo but I don’t think OP had many neuro sides at all

Other folks who took drugs that increased allo through ssri or Benzo had neuro improvements, no sexual

1 Like