Testosterone, dihydrotestosterone or 5ar2 antibodies.

stay on topic FFS. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5589&p=50159#p50159

how am I off topic?

Your always off-topic. Please go away.

you did not start this thread. I have already left your thread and donā€™t post there any more.

[Size=4]Proof that enzyme inhbitors can cause a self-sustaining auto-immune reaction against the enzyme they inhibit that persists after the drug is stopped.[/size] Note that the study mentions the symptoms can get worse after stopping, it also mentions how this is a rare side effect of a commonly used enzyme inhbitor. These are all very strong coincidences with persistent side-effects from finasteride (although you have to imagine an effect against 5aR-2 and possibly 5aR-1, 3) and may mean that ā€˜PFSā€™ has scientific backing and is not an entirely new phenomenon.

Autoantibodies Against 3-Hydroxy-3-Methylglutaryl-Coenzyme A Reductase in Patients With Statin-Associated Autoimmune Myopathy onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/art.30156/pdf

Press release for this study (already posted) that also confirms the conclusions drawn from this paper. theheart.org/article/1162047.do

Note that the scientists believe that the auto-immune reaction is caused by the ā€˜upregulationā€™ of the enzyme, however this idea has already been critisized by a leading expert in the field. arthritis-research.com/content/13/6/138

1. What have we got on this forum so far as in how people responded to immunosuppressive medication?
    Personally prednisone did nothing for me, although i was on it for a very short time and experienced undesirable side effects.
    Others have had benefits, some have even recovered, maybe?

Either way it is strikingly similar to our situation and is a very good theory and does need to be tested, someone must be interested in this considering the papers that have been presented in this thread.

1. Wondering what you think about the mechinism behind brain fog as you believe there is no 5ar2 in the brain?

Boston2009 didnā€™t have much luck replacing cortisol, he got quite sick.

Iā€™d like to know Oscarā€™s opinion here too. Do you think the enzyme isnā€™t active in the brain but the substrates are already acted upon before crossing the blood/brain barrier into the brain?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15458455

bloodjournal.hematologylibrary.org/content/90/1/43.full.pdf

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc0806809

mendeley.com/research/neutralizing-antibodies-to-therapeutic-enzymes-considerations-for-testing-prevention-and-treatment/

4 Papers where an antibody has developed against an introduce enzyme.

good fine Oscar but how would we find these anti bodies in our serum. is there any tests?

People have claimed different things, ā€˜Cytochrome?ā€™ actually claimed to have recovered with Dexamthasone after 12 months, also that brazilian guy ā€˜Corvip-somethingā€™ and even that story from from ā€˜robocoppā€™. But you are more believable. Maybe it takes more forceful medication, as corticosteroids arent usually used to treat hashimotos or graves disease (two autoimmune illnesses directed towards an enzyme). Recently i have been reading about successes with Rituximab that disrupts the immune system in a different way to corticosteroids.

I think the variety of symtoms are due to some people having a reaction against just 5aR-2 and some people a reaction against 5aR-1 and 5aR-2 (or maybe just 5aR-1). Finasteride will interact with type 1 long before it reaches levels sufficient to fully inhibit it. There are also probably other varibles like strength of reaction, individual physiology, etc.

In fact thats CLUE NO.1 isnt it? If Finasteride has persisitently effected the CNS it really must have done so via 5aR-1; therefore the enzymes in our bodies have reacted in an unusual way to finasteride.

It also explains why even men on Dutasteride dont get this - the ā€˜PFSā€™ is not based on the inhibition of neurosteroids caused by the drug!!!

will we take this discussion to next level?
I mean we should contact labs and request them to test our bloods for the presence ABs. Actually I called one today but no success.

if you think this has happened to you take a copy of the papers I have just posted and try and convince the doctor/hospital to run a special blood test for you. This is my plan!!! I have no idea what chance of success I have.

Trust me I am doing all the possible and have taken many printouts to my doctor and other doctors. My doctor has written very disturbing notes about me (I read my file while waiting for him in the waiting room) basically tried to prove me mentally unstable. I am scared there are good chances that health Canada will put me in mental hospital now.
I am trying to focus outside of Canada.
The attitude is very arrogant and disgusting. It is very hard to explain your point your doctor.

Got Protein electrophorsis test. all looks normal

Total protein 68 60 - 80 g/L
Albumin 46 35 - 50 g/L
alpha 1 globulin 2 1-3 g/L
alpha 2 glubulin 6 5 - 10 g/L
Beta gluobulin 7 5 - 12 g/L
Gamma globulin 8 6 - 14 g/L

any comments?

Funnily enough i was tested with this just today. I dont really understand the test, nor can I find raised results from this test associated with hashimotoā€™s or graves disease.

the reason I put these test result is that I told doctor about auto immune and antibodies and she wrote me this test. I donā€™t know how it tells about auto immune.

I think I messed up my tests by not stopping my supplements so my test results mean nothing.

This may be relevant: when I was in the 2nd ER of the night the day i crashed (first ER thought I was just another guy who couldnā€™t get it up) my white blood cell count was up. 12.2 where 5-10 is normal.

I can directly relate to this topicā€¦ I have been feeling random muscle pain and had blood tests that revealed that I am low in Vitamin D and low in Testosterone along elevated levels of CPK(711) and Aldolase.

My doctor is telling me that its indicative of myositis an autoimune disease. I work out often so I was really hoping that the CPK and Aldolase levels were from that. Very nervousā€¦

I am suffering from continual muscle loss since stopping finasteride. I actually got my Creatine Kinase checked and it was normal (89, 38-201). This is actually the standard test for autoimmune myopathies which i really do think is causing my muscle loss at the moment.

Its possible CK will be normal with autoimmune muscle loss see; ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC170091/pdf/020001.pdf

Dont know if im grabbing at straws though, or even if im pinpointing the cause. Ill push for more tests in this area. Muscle biopsy, urine test?