Testosterone, dihydrotestosterone or 5ar2 antibodies.

Guys I am open to share the cost for any Anti Andorgen receptors (I am very much interested in this theory only) anti bodies tests. Any body can contact me I am ready to pay the fees.

I proposed molecular mimicry theory ( the theory is our body has made anti bodies against Dihydro-Finasteride but due to molecular similarity of DH-Finasteride to DHT the immune system has not calm down and now thinks DHT is foriegn object and contineues attacking DHT…I am sure their is some weight in this theory.
Please read this article.Accoding to writer Shey Marque a Research Medical Scientist, contributor.yahoo.com/user/41939 … arque.html. Mirena IUD does cause anti bodies against levonorgestrel the fake progesterone used in IUD. These antibodies then turn against body’s own natural progesterone.

voices.yahoo.com/mirena-skin-con … html?cat=5

Sensitivity to progesterone can be caused by several factors. Cases have been reported where patients develop an immune reaction against their own endogenous progesterone or to synthetic hormones used in the oral contraceptive pill, Mirena device and hormone replacement therapy. This is known as Autoimmune Progesterone Dermatitis (APD). Women with this type of dermatitis typically present with cyclical skin eruptions. A significant proportion of these women have used synthetic progesterone raising the suspicion of a sensitising event which then leads to an immune cross-reactivity with their own biological hormone.

And how would this be treated?

First of all we need to confirm we have ABs against hormones. I read (don’t remember now exactly where) in case of antibodies, body not only creates target specific ABs but also create ABs which are less target specific. In other words I mean it is possible we might have ABs against other hormones as well. So we should find where we can find ABs tests for DHT, progesterone etc.
according to the article
First of all a diagnosis of APD needs to be made. This is usually done by a simple skin test performed by a dermatologist

I don’t know if we get rid of these ABs 100%. The best thing would be to avoid food which may aggravate the immune system and use supplements which can decrease inflammation.I think we should follow these guidelines

[i]
huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-h … 56937.html

At the first visit, I simply put Isabel on an anti-inflammatory elimination diet to remove possible triggers of inflammation from food allergens. She stopped eating sugar, dairy and gluten (from wheat). I gave her a multivitamin; vitamins D, B12, and folate; fish oil; and evening primrose oil all of which are anti-inflammatory. I also gave her nystatin (a non-absorbed anti-fungal) to treat suspected yeast because of her multiple courses of antibiotics. I gave her NAC to support her liver, and told her to get off the acid blocker, the calcium channel blocker, which she used for her Raynaud’s, and the intravenous steroids she had been taking.
After two months her rash was totally gone. She had no joint pain and her hair was growing back. Her autoimmune markers had dramatically improved. Her muscle enzymes, liver function, and level of inflammation were all normal.
At the second visit two months later, I added probiotics to support healthy digestive function and reduce gut inflammation. I also started her on DMSA (a chelating agent) to help bind the mercury from her tissues and cells and help her excrete it. To help her get off the prednisone I gave her herbs to support her adrenal gland function.
Seven months later, her tests were normal, including her white blood count. Her mercury came down from 33 to 16. After 11 months, her mercury was down to 11 and her gut inflammation was gone. She was off all her medications and feeling happy, normal, and was able to ride and show her horse again.

[/i]

Decaln’s post, he has high histamine viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7262&start=20

interesting many of condition mentioned here we have got from PFS.

dermnetnz.org/reactions/progeste … titis.html

Autoimmune progesterone dermatitis

Has anyone yet gone to see an immunologist about this? Also, has anyone else seen any positive response to aggressively raising their blood glucose? I’ve been experimenting with this over the past few days and I’ve seen some decent gains in testicle size and orgasm and some in libido. Interestingly, I’ve also felt my digestive system start to normalize some and have noticed some congestion in my nose, which has been absent since my crash. Maybe some other people would like to try spiking their glucose levels also to see if they also experience a similar response? I found the actual research paper that links high blood glucose to a suppressed immune response but I only have access because of my university email address. The main points purport that high blood glucose has a variable reaction on T cells - attack T cells appear to normalize at a slower rate after the disruption caused from increased glucose than inhibitory T cells, which leads to the suppression of the immune response.

Anyways, any thoughts?

we should go for skin test for progesterone ABs. some of us have had negative reaction from Progesterone, not saying that ABs agains progesterone is the main cause, maybe there ABs against other hormones as well.I will talk to my Dr but don’t think I will get progesterone ABs test easily. I had to fight with dr to write me test for my progesterone level although I had to pay $100 from my own pocket.She was constantly arguing this is women hormone, so what don’t we men have progesterone?

First of all a diagnosis of APD needs to be made. This is usually done by a simple skin test performed by a dermatologist

ok just completed my 30 minutes search on phone and looks like there is no such test available in Canada. I spoke to Apple Tree Medical Group, Gamma Dynacare Labs ,and CML labs. Any idea guys where to go from here?

Any update on this topic?

1 Like

Also interested… anything good in here ?

It’s a topic which hadn’t been posted in in 6 years.

It’s unlikely to have the answer, I’m afraid.

These ladies have antibodies directed at their progesterone. Recommended treatments for them were things to reduce progesterone in their body, like certain birth control pills or tamoxifen.

I wonder if we could have some sort of antibody against a hormone? And maybe that’s why when we try to raise our hormones up, we often feel worse: because we’re causing an immune response.

1 Like

Can someone explain why this topic ever lost momentum. This sounds like a goldmine to me especially the autoimmune theory. Great evidence and valid points

2 Likes

probably because a significant amount believe in the epigenetic theory and a lot of others got burned from experiments

I think Epigenetic theory doesn’t make sense either. There’s like no logical explanation. So much info here is valuable and fits into the autoimmune theory

2 Likes

Well anyway, if anyone wants to message and discuss ideas about autoimmune, id love to.

1 Like

Hi @Bigpoppa10040, someone may already have bothered you to fill in the survey and you may have given a reason why you haven’t but just in case that hasn’t happened: please fill in the survey! We have a large number of finasteride and SSRI patients represented in the survey data but not enough Isotretinoin so your contribution would really help. It should only take around an hour of your time total.You can fill it in in stages if you don’t have time to do it all in one session; the survey remembers your responses and resumes where you left off. Thanks!

2 Likes

Guys beware Statins has created exactly the same PFS in a guy who I know very closely. He shows classic symptoms of PFS. His symptoms have recently got worse. He stopped stains 5 years ago and still struggling.
his main symptoms are
ED,
very low T
sleep issues
big belly
muscle loss
bone pains
blurred vision
racing heart
depression
below normal range Vitamin D

Sorry about my rash response 9 years ago. Alcohol suppress the immune system, that would be my guess

After I took Tribulus which has beta sitosterol in it, found in Saw Palmetto and contained 80% protodioscin which a link on another thread suggests can cause an immune issue

Before I took Tribulus I was taking vitamin D supplement and Boron with no issues at all both of which stimulate be it testosterone or free testosterone

After Tribulus I can no longer take either of them without suffering an inflammatory response, stiff joints from neck to hands to knees

So I have had an autoimmune issue triggered in my body no doubt

Do people think LDN could work for me so I can take vitamin D for example with no inflammatory response?

Or another thing is, I wondered if micro dosing vitamin D over a long period and gradually increasing it my immune system may accept it again?

1 Like