Taking finasteride again

I know man but I had two years off at one point I doubt anyone had waited that long for hell to be unleashed. I prey we all return to some level of normality

2 Likes

Everything went back to normal. There’s no other way of describing it. By the 4th day it was gone.

How about your erect penis size? Did you have issues with it? And it too completely resolved instantly? So it is fully reversible? @Zonz

Yeah everything was like 90% normal but only for 3 days. My dick went back to normal size and it got spontaneously erect. I had a similar thing happen for a few hours when I first started Creatine.

1 Like

Why with rifampin??

Did you ever try going back? I’m getting desperate. I tried saw palmetto for two weeks and had improvements so I’m thinking of hail marying it and trying fin again…

1 Like

I am thinking the same. It has already been destroy my body.

I unintentionally did this over many years. I repeatedly took fin on and off many times. You think you have it bad now believe me you could make things a whole lot worse. If id stopped taking this shit years ago i know for a fact id be in a much better position. There also a study which confirms repeated use can make things worse. Its not not worth the risk. Wait it out give your body time to recover it is the best way

4 Likes

Don’t do it, u will kill urself.

Time and again we see people who use anti androgenic substances, see temporary improvements and then worsening of their symptoms, often dramatic worsening.

You can make your own decisions, but before you do, you should know that the stakes are particularly high and there is a chance that you could significantly worsen your quality of life.

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning. Ugh I might hold off for now

Keep me updated if you try it. I think I most likely will in the coming week, but I’m still thinking…

A guy here took an anti androgen called resveratrol after getting pfs and he commited suicide.

1 Like

Thanks for the warning man…I dunno I’m just reachin the end here it feels like a lot of the time. This whole thing is just insane
And like I took Saw palmetto at a pretty high dose for about two weeks and some of my sides got much better which was insane. I’ve been off it but I’m wondering if fin could help since it’s stronger
Didn’t have any crash or anything after the Saw palmetto

To reiterate what @Greek said, we can’t make these decisions for you, but taking finasteride or any 5ARI with this condition is asking for trouble. This condition is acutely painful that it’s hard to see beyond the next few hours sometimes, but please, don’t do it.

There has been tremendous progress made recently, and we’re on the cusp of some groundbreaking endeavours. Progress is not always obvious, but please know that our team and the foundation are investing every ounce of energy we have into finding a way out of this.

Take care.

1 Like

The vast majority of people here say that everything makes their lives worse or destroys them: tribulus, salmon and any other bullshit. I find this forum less and less credible. Probably if I had been on androgen or TRT from the beginning I wouldn’t be like this.

I’m one of the most severe cases with this and what I’m starting to think is that this is full of people with no real PFS and just serious mental problems.

I also roll my eyes when I see mention of salmon.

I can say that I’ve eaten salmon post-pfs without any noticeable effect.

I don’t think that anyone is saying salmon “destroys them”.

I don’t think that it’s comparable to say “don’t take the drug that brought a high percentage of our membership here”

The reality is that we are aware of people having more problems having tried taking these drugs again. Many times we have had people come here after exposure to a second drug, or even the same drug after a break.

Yes, there is a lot of garbage on this site written for various reasons, but that doesn’t mean that this course of action isn’t a very dangerous one.

2 Likes

Those things you mentioned absolutely have the potential to catastrophically worsen people’s condition. I can tell you that from personal experience and from the accounts of patients I’m in close contact with. Just because something hasn’t happened to you it doesn’t mean it doesn’t have the potential to happen to others.

If you’re as severe a case as you claim to be, you’d be well aware of the bizarreness of this disease and you certainly would not claim that patients on this forum are mentally ill. Show some respect please.

7 Likes

@lacpaz im sure you felt the same when people denied you the existence of pfs as i do when i read your comments. Those severely effected do suffer from a multitude of symptoms as well as reactions to many foods. N.B. I had pfs for years before the intolerences developed. I used to drink red wine regularly and have salmon a few times per week. Both are now out of bounds and i am not unique in this. Be grateful rather than dismissive that youre not at this point.

5 Likes

I understood what you’re trying to say, that salmon thread right !! Idk about salmon but the herbs like tribulus has a drastic effect on ur androgen receptors, same with resveratrol. Also some people have too sensitive genetics to handle even a slight changes in their function. When u get severely hit by a powerful drug like finasteride (or arimidex in case of estrogen) ur receptors and enzymes get already very sensitive and it cannot handle further alteration of it. If u’ve already reacted badly to an anti androgen as u say u are a severe sufferer, then it means u are not made for them, chapter closed. I wonder what made u think taking finasteride again will cure u !! Are u thinking about taper off? It’s bs becoz the potency of 0.25 mg is same as 1 mg. These drugs are so damn unpredictible. I don’t think u are a severe sufferer like me otherwise why would anyone even think of going back to that !!

I tried some 6 tabs of proviron at once on Nov and it made me feel very worse for a week, ashwahgandha and brahmi gave me anhedonic symptoms of pssd, does that mean i am a hypochondriac !!

Idk what u mean to say !! Most of the people here don’t respond to trt and proviron, some even get worse (like me)… this doesn’t make us hypochondriac, it’s a fact that we feel worse on certain things, some even commited suicide.

U think they were hypochondriacs just becoz they got worse from self experimenting?

1 Like