Synthethic 5AR2 peptide/gene clone available for purchase

SRD5A2 peptide available for purchase, for research purposes… wether this could be useful to us or not I have no idea… but if it turns out through genetic testing 5AR2 turns out to be defective/inactivated, perhaps this could help restore activity? Would need to speak to a geneticist.

abcam.com/index.html?datasheet=45681

"SRD5A2 (Steroid-5-alpha-reductase, alpha polypeptide 2) is a microsomal protein. It converts testosterone (T) into 5-alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and progesterone or corticosterone into their corresponding 5-alpha-3-oxosteroids. It plays a central role in sexual differentiation and androgen physiology. "

origene.com/cdna/search/retr … =NM_000348

imagenes-bio.de/gene?option= … =Hs.458345
imagenes-bio.de/gene?option= … =Hs.646782

igene.invitrogen.com/iGene/newSe … hText=6716

rnaidesigner.invitrogen.com/rnai … cusId=6716

“This gene encodes a microsomal protein expressed at high levels in androgen-sensitive tissues such as the prostate. The encoded protein is active at acidic pH and is sensitive to the 4-azasteroid inhibitor finasteride. Deficiencies in this gene can result in male pseudohermaphroditism, specifically pseudovaginal perineoscrotal hypospadias”

certainly makes you wonder doesn’t it? The amount is tantamount to a coverslip smear on a microscope slide though!! 100 micrograms! that’s 10,000th of a gram!!

Ray of hope, reverse therapy. Hopefully this becomes viable to testing at some point in the near future. Understandable why someone needs so much $ for medical testing. Maybe it would be a good idea to contact the company to find who’s buying it, might be a way to get in touch with someone who would use it for our purposes…

wow. just the other day I was reading about attempts to clone this enzyme and you found this within the past few days?

This could be good news. I’m wondering where it would be injected, esp. if it turns out that people need it in the brain.

Anyway, we’ll see if anyone actually begins to inject it and report.

it seems it would need to occur in the entire body so I am wondering also about the method of delivery. Replacing the enzyme locally is not the same as promoting it in the cells.

I was thinking about this today, i wonder if somebody out there, somewhere is already researching this as a potential treatment for 5 alpha reductase deficiency?

I mean, unlike our condition, that is a recognized illness.

So… if it turns out that 5ar2 is the central problem, any treatment for 5ar2 deficiency could be used to treat post-fin syndrome yeah?

it’s only a matter of time…

come on guys - not to destroy everybodys wishful thinking. but this is so far from being the cure. there will not be an injection, there will not be a gene replacement therapy in the next 100-100000 years.
we don’t even know if this is the problem, no medical awareness whatsoever and we hope that this will be something sooner or later. No way, really.

Instead of guessing around if 5arII deficiency is causative for our shit we need to get this tested instead of talking about cloning the enzyme. Since I am working in science myself, this means nothing for us.

1. In the process of getting metabolites tested for intracellular reductase acitivity (Rheinlabs 24h urine panel - ordered via Dr. Crisler)
  2. In the process of getting 3AdiolG tested
    Get it done everybody, post it here, let us compare it and make conclusions from it!

Even if you have to pay this out of your pocket, do that stuff and let us pinpoint the cause before we talk about a cure here…!
The rest is a waste of time for now.

adiol-g available for purchase here:

steraloids.com/index.php

may require DEA license, but may not need it for overseas orders.

Ok its somewhat pricey but anyone wanna try it?

abdserotec.com/catalog/datasheet-7927-3059.html

Well, I don’t think it’s something you can safely swallow with a glass of water, do you?

But if it could be made into a pill…how great, because this is very frustrating: you can suppress all the 5AR2 you want, but you can never supplement it.

You could probably inject it…

Mew,

Somebody prove this, i did not understand, there a pills or anything to take this??

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7689728

Meaning that 5 alpha reductase acts inside of each cell where it is found. I don’t think taking it in pill form or even injecting it would be of any benefit unless there was a method to get the correct amount into only the cells where it is needed.

I am interested to hear if anyone can devise a way to deliver enzyme replacement into or near the prostate and genitals. I believe that if the sexual energy center is stimulated the right way by an exogenous source of 5-AR2, the endogenous use and production could be restored as the body realizes what it has been missing.

Tbone, it would have to be a liposomal (transdermal) application, not unheard of for getting medications such as chrysin to where they will do the most good (testicles, for estradiol conversion control).

Never heard of anyone infusing peptides transdermaly, however. There is some work going on in the development of nasal sprays for peptides.

kazman

Is this still a possability? Peptides and amino acid are proteins made in the body. If Fin destoryed these proteins, the body may no longer make the appropriate peptides. Injecting healthy peptides should eventually “train” the body to start making them on its own?

I have now idea right now. All I know is, we ought to begin finding answers quickly because I will bet that a LOT of us develop some serious, deadly prostate cancer. I hope that the pending lawsuits will result in victory and that many of you on here will form national and global funds for scientific research. In fact, we should take it upon ourselves to find the THE VERY BEST RESEARCHER in this area of concern and just hire him/her along with a few others to manage some very focused research. It wouldn’t surprise me if the answer to our problem lies not just in some lab with biochemical equations, but in ethnobotany.

I found this page today, which includes some background information about steroid research leading up to “4-Azasteroids,” which is the category under which Finasteride falls.

hindawi.com/journals/au/2012/530121/

I do not know what Mew has found about the origins of this group of steroids or the history of steroid research, but perhaps this kind of background information can be helpful.

Has ANYONE who posts here developed any of these serious and deadly cancers? I heard of the one guy antcraven who got an implant after learning of testicular cancer, but other than that I cannot recall a single post of a person who ended up with prostate, male breast or testicular cancer. Can anyone shed some light on this? Developing cancer because of this is certainly my biggest fear and any input is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Lennon, we don’t really know what will happen, but aside from Finasteride aftereffects increasing the risk of severe prostate cancer (who knows when it is likely to develop, I’m already in my mid-30s), American men are supposed to have some form of cancer… 1 out of every 2 men.

human population growth, ripping the earth’s crust apart for energy and elements, use of various radiating technology and chemicals, this is what you get. mining and manufacturing and usage all increase likelihood of cancers and we can’t tuck our waste away in unknown corners of India or China or New Jersey or Nevada forever.

Don’t make yourself too anxious about it now, but remain motivated by hope and maintain awareness. Make sure you’re getting clean water and food and watch out for obvious forms of radiation.

there are 50 reported breast cancer from fin in CAnada. Sorry I did not keep the track so believe it or not. Health canada has issued warning against male breast cancer already few months ago.
I have seen some reports of testicular cancer fro fin on other forums but does it matter if some one did not report it here? Do all people in the world know about this website?