swelling and fat around midsection.

Well as stated here Gordon who is supposedly the best in USA has told me he does not know my labs are perfect now and it is not estrogen it is great he said…Then said it was all symptoms of thyroid issue but once again my test are perfect he said all hormones are normal and it’s up to mother nature if your body goes back or not.

Imo as said before it’s neurological as finasteride starting stopping appears to cause remodeling of androgen receptors in the brain…Altering gene expression and also affects other hormone receptors there are estrogen receptors in the brain that control how and where the body stores fat…

It’s obvious the varied symptoms come from where and how areas of each individuals brain and genes are affected…

I think it’s safe to say already that 5ar inhibitors are dangerous and can cause brain alterations that can be catastrophic in some people it should be removed from sale…

2 Likes

What I am noting now is an improvement in some ways and this began with using organic baking soda which I have poted about here before…Just wanted to update everything else is same or worse except mentally…In the mornings I am much better still than the nights…I am also noticing a more profound muscle weakness along with the fluid and fat…I mean simple tasks like holding your arms out or above your head seems exhaustive to the muscles and also having more problems breathing correctly…

1 Like

Still suffering like a dog for years now and still no answers other than theories all over the place…Most have come from self experientation…

Hey Holy, out of curiosity what is the fat your have like? Is it hard, soft, lumpy or a mixture? Hows the skin above it, is it stretchy, tight or loose? Has any other parts of your body changed in composition?

It started out as like hard dead rubber and has now changed to like water filled squishy balloon…More and more and is always bigger at night…

Its all changed all over torso even bicep and arm area are huge with this shit now…Like another user here posted pics anything you lay down on leaves imprints in the skin…Deep imprints in areas where this does not normally happen and where there is no body fat like lower arm, wrist, and ankle areas…

Extremely dry hair and thinning hair and dry skin, Huge fat and water increase all over body, body and facial hair turned white and grey…Energy gone and labored breathing at times…Headaches, anxiety etc…

1 Like

I too have the same types of imprints, and after 10+ years of pfs, never suspected anything, and had it so long, I assumed it was normal. Has anyone seen a dermatologist about this?

Well guys about the same for me except physically I keep getting worse…Up to about 260lbs and no change…Muscles are getting weaker and more and more water around waist has caused me to have bad back injury because the weak muscles and weight are huge factors injuring your back muscles…

Also I am still using baking soda but not TRT or Clomid…I have been off trt a year this month…My symptoms, Huge weight gain, weak twitchy muscles, dry damaged hair, no energy and dry skin…Also almost all my body hair on chest has turned white and on my face as well…Also my armpit hair keeps getting less and less…

Menntally I have improved some and the baking soda helped with that…Physically I could not work on labor postion any longer like I did years before in construction work its almost like you are a fat winded invalid…I could run 5ks in around 21mins before this and look back on my journal here and see the slow decline to this state…Something fundementally is different about our bodies now than before…Just isn’t the same…Most are speculating an epigentic alteration affecting AR or genes controlling AR are methlayted…All hormones are normal or they were last labs I had but the tissue changes to your body are disturbing and scary…Like above poster I get the imprints too even on areas where there is no fat like forearm, thumb and hand areas etc…Also my circulation is terrible or my limbs go numb/sleep at nothing…

Just noticed I started this thread 3 years ago this month and have had this for 3 and half years…Hard to believe some have lived 15 plus years with this dragging yourself one day at a time through this hell trying every substance known to man…Spending thousands of dollars of Drs and labs and someting as simple as baking soda providing as much relief as anything the Drs gave me…

Imagine dragging yourself 100lbs heavier through each day, not recognizing yourself anymore appearing as an entirely different person…So much more prone to injuries, weak…

3 Likes

That’s rough, but I’d rather gain weight and still have my brain. I live in complete derealization and my head is constantly in pain. It’s as if I’m living in a video game constantly observing myself from the outside. I guess everyone’s struggle feels like it’s the worst.

1 Like

I still have mental problems and suicidal ideation. I’ll go from 1 minute of wanting to end my life maybe to feeling hope later then back to thoughts of suicide…its pure torment

1 Like

It’s horrid I know :frowning:

Tramadol helps greatly for me…

Hello @Mannyfj, and welcome to the forum.

Could you please explain what you mean by “This is sp me”?

Also, feel free to introduce yourself to the other forum members and share your experience with finasteride by posting a member story.

1 Like

I always had some extra weight on the sides that never seemed to go away. I was borderline high on tsh and since a small dose of thyroid medication (synthroid)… the side weight disappeared. Skin got a little better, still dryish.

If your tsh isn’t high, not sure if it would help. I was around 4. I believe they use to say under 5 was ok, but, have moved to under 3 being better. IIRC

This is so me. Did u get better? I been on fin for 10 months. Fin just made you worst off only? When you say your hair looks weird…do you mean dry miniaturization of hair from using fin? What’s your age? I’m 37

Are you still taking finasteride?

Yes I am. They say give it a year or more but I dont know if thats the right choice for me

Hey man, I’m sorry but this forum is only for those who suffer post-finasteride syndrome and other similar post-drug conditions.

This is explicitly stated in the site banner and community guidelines:

Welcome to propeciahelp, a forum for both men and women suffering from persistent symptoms after use of 5alpha-reductase inhibitors such as finasteride, isotretinoin, saw palmetto extract, dutasteride as well as antidepressants and GnRH analogs. PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a hair loss forum. Take a moment to read our How to Get Started section, which includes our Terms of Service, Privacy Policy and new Community Guidelines.

If you stop taking finasteride and continue to experience persistent symptoms, you are welcome to join the discussion.

On a side note, it is insulting to some of our members, many of whom have had their health ruined by finasteride, to discuss the drug’s efficacy in treating hair loss. There are other forums for that.

1 Like

thanks for the clarification…when signing up for things…ppl just are click happy like myself and don’t read the terms etc.