suicide

Haven’t been active for a while, but I am at a very dark place lately and I don’t know what to do. I guess this is my cry for help. Severe depression is taking over me. I am afraid of antidepressants but I won’t be able to cope on my own much longer. Nights are the worst, I get so tired to a point I feel like passing out, but I just can’t shut my brain off and fall asleep, I’m constantly ruminating and having dark thoughts, no matter how tired I am my brain keeps me awake. Please does anyone have any suggestion, anything that helped them with depression, or at least with falling asleep. Xanax 1mg doesn’t help me any longer for this and I don’t really want to increase the dosage.

Very sorry to hear your are suffering.

In terms of depression, caffeine very early in the morning only has been the most consistent things that has helped me, as it makes the brain more responsive to circulating dopamine. Maybe give it a try… If you’re suffering is extremely severe, maybe consider ketamine, but do your research.

In terms of sleep you need to get the basics in order:

-Room should be 65-68 degrees (get a thermometer to make sure)
-Try to do something to ease your mind before bed such as meditation or a meditation tape while you’re in bed

In terms of sleep supplements, maybe try
-magnesium l-threonate
-L–theanine
-a glass of tart cherry juice
-Yogi soothing caramel bedtime tea

I also suggest listening to the Huberman Lab podcasts on YouTube that discuss ketamine, caffeine, and sleep.

You’re not alone brother, hang in there.

1 Like

dont ever touch an antidepressant. please.

1 Like

I usually take melatonin and magnesium glycinate to help sleep

1 Like

Thank you all for suggestions and support. I know the dangers of AD but I simply don’t see another way out of this anymore.

Hi dela did u try ad

I’m having massive suicidal ideation lately. My derealization has skyrocketed chronically and there isn’t a second that goes by that I’m not feeling like I’m on a horrible acid trip.

I had covid earlier this month I’m wondering if it’s played a role
But I was feeling major fucked up before then but this is a level I’ve never dealt with before where I can’t even function around people. I’m feeling very suicidal and sick

My brain fog is fucking insane too

Also still reeling from the fact my ex is dating someone and I’m so alone now when I need someone more than ever. You reap what you sow.

If this gets worse or does not improve in the coming weeks then I dunno. I’m already hanging on for dear life

1 Like

Well it’s my eighth anniversary here this week…Signed up in November 2015 and have done nothing but worsen since then. FInally losing my job this February…So sick daily life is a distant memory now…I started this thread and have thought of ending every day since then…For some it gets no better but worse…Work is an impossibility now…Oh well this is how life turned out I guess…

2 Likes

Don’t give up guys, as u know I’m in the same boat. All we can do us keep going, I’m out of ideas too. Food is like poison but cant not eat when my physique is amaciated, We have approximately half of a century worth of pfs between the 3 of us, (wtf) we can do a few more years. While there’s life in us there’s still hope.

9 Likes

Remember guys that we have a better outlook today than at any time previously. The site admins have a board with scientific advisors, with live research taking place. The right move now is staying in the game. You cannot see the study results if you are not in the game. You cannot participate in new studies if you are not here. The pharmas want you out of the picture so that there are no study participants. Don’t give them that. Stay in the game and never give up.

11 Likes

Nope don’t have the balls for it… At least not yet

Has anybody tried for disability with this shit? Don’t know what else to do can’t even get around anymore in bad shape…since there is no diagnosis I figured it was a waste of time trying it like everything else pertaining to this disease…

1 Like

What do you mean, you’re not walking?

Assesments can be symptom based regardless of a lack of diagnisis. I do know of a couple of guys who got it infact you’ll get diagnosed with other conditions even CFS which is infact recognised. Nothing ventured nothing gained give it a try mate

Also noticed getting skin tags all over torso now…

1 Like

I’m on SNRI (Cymbalta) + antipsychotic (Zyprexa) for a month now and no side effects so far. My mood is better and if anything my erection is stronger (knocks on wood).

1 Like

Great. Any idea which one is helping? Or both?

March 1st 2014 took that first dose of generic finasteride and the rest is as they say…history

@Holyhead, would you make a member topic? I’d like to read your story.

I reacted after my 1st and only dose also, except I took saw palmetto instead of finasteride. Fortunately for me, my “history” eventually took a positive turn.

To address the topic title: I never had suicidal thoughts. I had 0 self-harm thoughts of any sort.

2 Likes

give it time and you will recover, it’s 2024, I am normal again 100%, finally lol.

and stay away from this drug… folks… my best advice to you.