suicide

Well back here after 7 years…Everything has gotten worse and even new symptoms are emerging I didn’t have before…

Continuing to decline physically…Also now Blepharitis is awful in both eyes…my weight is twice what it was before taking finasteride…

Unbelievable weakness and chronic fatigue, dry skin and my hair just as dry as before and has all turned a lighter color and most of my chest hair turned white…

Teeth have a different look and chipped in front…Also my upper teeth on the right side the bones are like almost through the gums or something…Very strange…just staying still as much as possible not moving around much anymore and have basically re arranged my entire life and home around this like a handicapped person…

3 Likes

by chance have you checked b12 deficiency for chronic fatigue?

when i crashed i had chronic fatigue that was pretty severe and b12 + folate treatment resolved it for me

not saying it will help you since our problems are really complicated but you might want to test b12, folate, homocysteine, and MMA levels in your bloodwork (without taking supplements) to confirm

My symptoms of severe physical decline and health loss seem to mimic those of lupron victims more so than average finasteride pfs…No sexual dysfunction for me…There is also another drug that can cause physical damage like this called invega…

Basically went from running 10ks to an invalid that can’t take care of himself or daily activities anymore…

2 Likes

hang in there buddy. i know its rough and its easier for me to say all this considering i dont have it as bad as you but if you find it hard to keep going for yourself, just know that people like me and others on here really need you to be strong as well

2 Likes

The teeth to the right and left of my top two front teeth just started doing this also. The bone is sticking out of the gum.

Hey really, after some weeks it is to early to join the suicide topic. All the severe symptoms are not good, but the first three month, massiv changes with new 5ar and DHT inflow again and even developing pfs there are enough !!serious, non fake!! first year recoveries.

1 Like

DM me when you can please.

I want to give up, my whole body is shrinking and wasting all the time, this damn poison is paralyzing me to death, who can believe this is 160 pound hands, I can no longer walk, eat, I think a vegetable

2 Likes

I’m sure you can walk, eat and breathe and do your physiological needs

I cant fake it all the time and my relationship with my mom has turned into a horror film. She entered me into a mental hospital and when I got out I stopped taking the strange meds they gave me. My mom has turned into nurse ratchet and had no sympathy for my condition and thinks I need to take these pills because all that matches her world view. She doesn’t believe me . I don’t wanna take these pills they do nothing and have horrible side affects.

2 Likes

I cant function properly and no one believes me. They act like something I’m doing is wrong or I need to be on medication. It’s really scary and I can see why suicide is a good option.

2 Likes

Suicide is not a good option. Show your mom the scientific literature. I’ll speak to her if u want. U can have my number via pm. Or I can text her. Give her my email address I’ll liaise with her. She’s heading for the easy route which is to hit the denial button. You need her support. Sorry man !!

3 Likes

United States

Mentally competent patients have a general right to refuse medical treatment.[74][75][76]

All states in the U.S. allow for some form of involuntary treatment for mental illness or erratic behavior for short periods of time under emergency conditions, although criteria vary.

So to force you as a person not in an acut emergency status is illegal and you have the right to deny. On the other hand your dependent from your mother, like Ryan said, but she and the doctors haven’t the right to force you.

3 Likes

As well as your PFS, your mood is being dictated by your situation with regards your mother and your healthcare providers. Although your PFS is currently something which isn’t immediately treatable, the other elements aren’t fixed. If your mother and the alleged doctors felt that they were exascerbating the situation they would review their approach. Please take care and know that you are not alone. You have strength in the people here that have your back, like @LazarusRy. This isn’t some mass delusion. Show your mum the Youtube videos on the PFSNetwork (https://www.pfsnetwork.org/stories-interviews) and also the videos of @Erik and @Recovery18 at https://www.youtube.com/@Moral_Medicine_2023.

3 Likes

Alright thank you I’ll give you her email over pm

1 Like

Thank you I’ll save that

1 Like

Thanks for having my back

2 Likes

Anyone else about to die in this heat? I feel like Quaid in Total Recall after he’s ejected out into Mars atmosphere with no oxygen…

I wish

In Germany the Government told us to get the hottest summer in history of mankind. Our weather forecast maps on TV are dark red on a normal 25° Celsius day already. But we got shit weather the entire summer. Only some moderat Summer Days in the beginning. For a pfs sick boy like me, best could happen to me.

1 Like