suicide

I have had PFS for 3 years now. Sometimes as I sit in my chair, totally exhausted for no reason, the thought enters my mind that it is time to end it all. Without provocation or reason, my mind tells me do it, do it now! But, I’m too tired to get up, and the feeling passes. Until next time. I wonder if one day, will I give in?

Also, I have a brother in law who has been sick for a decade or more. All the same symptoms and worse. He mentioned he had taken antidepressants before he got sick, and I suggested he come here and also investigate PSSD. To the best of my knowledge he has not. His wife caters to his every whim and need, and I think he enjoys that. Some of what he tells me mirrors what @LazarusRy goes through, but he refuses to admit the potential of PSSD being his problem. You can’t help those who won’t take help. Jim

5 Likes

Yes my imagination of a best agers lifetime hasn’t been a Proscar pharma war machine torture. God gifted you dear Jim 4 years more than me, my life ended up with 59, yours with 63. We old ones with this fucking med nobody needs.
But we don’t forget all the young guys fucked in their young twentieth. Stolen lifes, no sex, no family, no partner all for a MSD Blockbuster drug only to massage shareholders intestine.

2 Likes

Is there a service that will help us go through with it? It’s not like we’re gonna wake up feeling better tomorrow.

1 Like

I’ve done the crisis line and counselling it’s somewhere to vent. They offer up Mindfullness, coping strategies and other stuff which are basic common sense. It keeps u from checking out, a safety net so to speak but doesn’t help in our particular cases./ chemically induced suicidal ideation. For traumatised kids, domestic violence, bullied, harassed, junkies it probably does, things can change for them. We don’t fit the bill but a place to vent is better than nothing.

3 Likes

I struggle everyday with suicidal thoughts. I am trying my best but if things continue to deteriorate I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect that I will be able to make it until I die naturally as I am only 36. I think it is good to have a will if you are an extreme case and to leave something behind to PFS Network for research initiatives. I don’t want to die knowing I didn’t atleast make some sort of positive impact for this community. In no way do I want to make it seem like this disease is hopeless, because it’s certainly not, but for those at the far end of the spectrum like myself, I’m not given much choice in the matter.

3 Likes

That’s the thing you mean. 36 yo and PFS means 50 years of suffering is not total unreal.
So the only hope is that research finds a cure in the next ten years.

U are a lot stronger rhan u think. @Exsexgod you’re still here ure granite man. Not many people would last 5 minutes with this shit.

4 Likes

We all had good lives, this may not be for ever and that’s the reason

2 Likes

I know Ry. Shit hit me late in my life!

2 Likes

Existing in this state doesn’t make us stronger or better than anyone. I’ve seen this compared to being a POW here…I’d give up the fucking nuclear codes to end this, I imagine Exsexgod would too.

3 Likes

It’s crossed my mind too and that it would bring an end to the extreme suffering. Especially these last few weeks when it’s been worse than ever. Pure hell . Over in a blink sitting under a nuke! suicide is too frightening. But then it’s over no going back and I still want my old life to return. If it did the pain we’ve going through would have been worth it. BUT I get it I really do.

4 Likes

U were lied to u didn’t make an informed decision. Blame Merck. Yes mate our kids are our reason. For their two little sakes we can’t check out Ever! Even though we are gripped by these thoughts because of a chemical fuck up in our neurosteroids.

3 Likes

“Persisting ED” in some rare cases, it’s a clear information. This discribes a permanent side effect. But this criminals wrote: “ED can hold on after quitting” It’s like maybe or not and if how long? This tricky gaslighting destroyed my life, when I started the pills. This fucks me down. Day by day. There have been gaslighting for profit interests more important than user security and even deaths and lifetime torture was accepted for better profit.

4 Likes

This anhedonia is killing me guys. I literally feel no emotions, no desires, no passion, no inspiration, nothing.

I sit and lay in bed all day every day because everything else feels too heavy. I can’t look at myself in the mirror.

I don’t know what to do.

3 Likes

IF THERE IS ONLY ONE FDA LURKER, REMEMBER WE ALL HAVE BEEN GASLIGHTED BY THE EXTREMELY SLIDE LEAFLET OR HAVEN’T BEEN WELL INFORMED ABOUT THE RISKS BY THE DOC’S. TIME FOR A CLEAR WARNING AT THE LEFLAT: SIDE EFFECTS (sexual, neurological and physical) PERSIST IN RARE CASES FOR MORE THAN 10 YEARS.

No one of us had taken the pills than. Why we have to suffer stolen lifes and suicidal thoughts because of a gaslighting leaflet and no clear warning :warning::warning::warning: about the rare horrible long time side effects of Finasteride?!

5 Likes

Well said mate shame we all weren’t located near to their headquarters we could have organised a peaceful protest before inviting Kenneth over and then blowing the fuckig place up with him right in the middle. The devils own! Obviously tongue in cheek apart from the 1st part. Hopefully one day we will see justice, or at least our efforts will play a part in the overhaul of the pharma/drug approval system

4 Likes

@Exsexgod
The quality of our lives degenerates daily. It seems especially unfair that you and I used this poison to cure a legitimate health issue, BPH. There are a dozen alternatives we could have taken. Proper warnings from Merck and/or my doctor would have changed my future! How can they escape culpability?

Every day, my light is extinguished a bit more. Jim

2 Likes

The worst thing such a murder medication wasn’t never ever indicated for my little enlarged prostate. And the criminal urologist just gave me two muster packages only because the pharma salesman was there before.

But we are not the only ones fatal treated for BPH with this poison. @Grey_baron’s life has been badly affected by a totally insane military doctor:

“It all started last summer, when I was prescribed finasteride for what my military doctor thought was due to enlarged prostate(given my symptoms, but again I was 21 at the time), took it for 2 weeks stopped as it didn’t help urination issues.”

1 Like

Can someone explain why, on the suicide memoriam page, the entry for Matthew Johnson has his name crossed out?

Also, his “How Finasteride Destroyed my Skin” is also crossed out.

This leads a casual reader to believe that he is an incorrect entry. Thanks, Jim

@Sugarhouse ?

Did that guy resort to suicide? I remember reading his story in the “face changes thread”. Very sad to hear.