suicide

@Exsexgod I’m no rock my friend I’m really not I just want to live and will do what I can to make that happen. my old friends and some of my relatives think I’m a complete ball bag and off my rocker despite being so different physically to what I was just a few years ago. Only my son and sister get my bravery and see the fight I’m putting up I know how bad this is for the hardest hit so don’t underestimate what I think of u. You’re doing a much better job than u think just by being here. I’m trying to kick u up the hoop that’s all. It wasn’t 20 years of hell by the way I bounced back a few times but was changed a little each time while not knowing the cause or reasons

2 Likes

Hey brother. I can relate to your issues, breathlessness included. It’s like a hollow feeling in the lungs, like you can never fully catch your breath. I also had scoliosis and lumbar instability prior to PFS, but managed it great with weightlifting. My poor postural and muscular support now has made it 10x worse, where my spine literally feels like an unstable noodle. It has affected the way I walk, sit, everything. Getting x rays on my pelvis and spine soon. I had 2 gum grafts on my lower front teeth because my gum recession accelerated. I’ll need more on my upper and lower canines before it’s over with. I know how much of a nightmare this is. There is a way out, we just have to find it. It will take time.
Just hang in there one day at a time man. That’s all you can do. One day at a time until we are on the other side.

Whatever you do or whatever happens, you aren’t allowed to go the suicide route. If i’m still here, that means you have to be here too. We are in this together and you are NOT alone.

11 Likes

That interviewer is definitely on finasteride. I’m I the only one able to distinguish people that have clearly been on 5-a reducatse inhibitors from those that are not?

It’s just so obvious looking in people’s eyes that they demasculized. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it’s just too obvious for me. Wondering if I’m the only one recognizing this.

2 Likes

I can also spot it a mile off I see it in actors then Google to see if they are on fin. My latest find being Gérard Butler it’s like an obsession I’m like the terminator scanning for signs. It’s an obsession tbh but we do develop OCD traits.

1 Like

You think so? I don’t see it. Maybe he is just old.

Paul on other hand have some easy to spot traits like the circles around his eyes.

I have the same issue with the breathlessness. I struggle to catch my breath and have become a mouth breather.

I can no longer breathe through my nose effectively like I could before pfs.

1 Like

What is the turning point that pushes people over this edge…I’ve been teetering for a month.

1 Like

I’m closer than ever…deteriorated 10 fold since the original post.

1 Like

Unfortunately there are a few us in this camp. How much continued deterioration can the body/mind take. My whole frame is in acute pain, stabbing pains in the brain. It hurts my face when I dry it, my eye balls are painful when i move them to look anywhere but straight forward. My heart has been racing at 140 beats per minute for two days I’ve spent most of these last few days in bed with no sleep… Extreme anxiety and then all the usual stuff . Unfortunately unlike most other conditions we don’t bounce back. Whith each day that passes another piece is erased. Can’t even take pain killers. I just don’t know how we continue but we do. Our prayers will be answered suffering like this for no reason is inhumane. If I hadn’t been so fit I think I would have keeled over by now.

You are physically way beyond me but I’m staring down the same barrel. I get up in the morning, eat breakfast, then want to immediately go back to bed however because I can’t sleep there’s no point in lying down. So I sit and sometimes close my eyes and that’s my life now. If I could push a button and die peacefully in my chair I would do it, I’m sure most of us in this condition would. But real suicide is messy and hard to do even now. Yet obviously some push through the mental and physical obstacles and get it done. I guess I want to know what it’s gonna take for me to do it, I feel like I’m past the point yet here I sit.

2 Likes

This is one of a few only times I’ve taken to bed. Beyond defeated after years of progressive worsening… I often follow the rule of why feel bad in bed feel the same doing something. You’ve got to get past the low motivation caused by the drop in dopamine. Cold water therapy can give u a sharp shock. There are also different degrees of severity with the mental sides. So for some it’s easier. A decade ago I was holding my life together even with the anxiety etc but it’s like having a concrete block on my chest now and I can’t focus, think straight despite applying calming strategies Do you have a wife, kids? Are you still holding onto your job? Looks like u started propecia around the same time.

I don’t have a wife or kids but I do have a job. Gonna PM you the details to keep this thread on topic and not my specific situation.

1 Like

I have a new muscle pain everyday, even the brain muscles seem to pain excruciatingly, i have become an AIDS patient

2 Likes

I live this life for 10 month now. Every new day is a fight to stand up before afternoon. Every day is the same fight to do the basic things in household, that the neighborhood don’t call the local health authority.

Every day the same fight to go for a walk. To go to a store to buy something. I only want the strength to end this up. I don’t want to live this robot functioning for years.

5 Likes

Be strong people. I know most of this thread is venting. But please remember that the staff are not trained to deal with actual suicidal cases.

If there is anyone out there really on the edge please try to get in contact with a suicide hotline or an emergency service in your area. Notify your therapist if you have one.

You are loved and not alone in this.

5 Likes

所以这件事必须有个了断,你要相信这里的管理员在很努力地解决这个问题,把我们从坟墓里拽出来,我们都被各种各样的医生/播客给耍了,我们可以死,但不能被这帮混蛋不明不白地打败。
这种让人瘫痪的日子我也受够了!

1 Like

It’s terrible mate I’ve just found out that two guys ended their lives because of fin who lived less than 10 miles from me. There must be thousands in reality. Enough men have died, Hang around we’ll get to smell life again and see those fuckers who are responsible on a stand.

5 Likes

Yeah, these only 89 Number of suicides is a joke and the reddit tressless subreddit community is pleasure full dealing with this low numbers. You told the FDA counted 569 an that’s more less than the real number.

Not only you talk about uncounted suicides in your neighborhood. I don’t want to know many elderly men committed suicide or suffered Mercks commercial pain in silence from Proscar. Don’t wanna know how many young guys are to ashamed to talk about PFS and never register or write a member story.

3 Likes

Can you share any details of the situations these men were in? I too personally believe this syndrome is way more common than its given credit for, even among some of the other staff here. How can this be rare if I know of 5-6 people IRL?

One of them was a strongly suspected fin case since he was balding and went on a panicked rant after a long hiatus from work talking about legal action, how the doctor told him the effects would go away, and about how he can’t even have sex with his wife any longer. I clearly remember this from decades ago because it sounded so much like what happened to me. Not sure what became of him and I’m unable to remember his name, but I hope he’s found some solace in life.

3 Likes

One of the guys was on here he retook fin ahead of getting married to have a full head of hair, he never made it to the alter. The family were aware it was fin but never pushed for Justice or anything The 2nd took himself off to the woods that’s all I know At this point in time. Im aware of another 3 sufferers who are local but aren’t on the forum. I don’t have anything to do with them they told me after I spilled my beans one lost his business and was steeped in suicide etc for 2 years. So that’s 5 locally. I’m aware of another two in SA near my sister but both are in denial. I can’t believe that a drug that causes so many problems that anyone can get off Scott free. I expect many have some symptoms that they just get on with and haven’t made the connection. It took me years. It’s when the bomb goes off when people start frantically looking for answers. I expect some will have ended it before getting to that point. A few deceased celebs we know fit the profile

3 Likes