Success Stories Compilation

I tried 5-HTP 200 mg per day. Wow. What a buzz. It feels like being on the top of the world but it’s way too much.
Also it should be taken with at least 500mg of Tyrosine per 100mg.

You most likely have serotonin imbalance like the one caused by SSRI. (in my opinion)

I have taken SSRIs in the past, but I have never had sexual problems. When I stopped, the neurologist prescribed 5htp for me. After 9 days, I felt only that my anxiety increased and my penis did not get up anymore … I immediately stopped it. Unfortunately, however, sexual problems are no longer resolved. I have impotence, pain on the penis, prostatitis and weakness. I lost a lot of weight and muscle mass. I know 5htp is not as strong as finasteride, but perhaps the excess of serotonin has created something at the endocrine level …

There is also a Protodioscin thread. Two of the guys claimed they recovered. They also suggested me to use Tribestan. Im gonna try it. Thanks for this thread.

4 Likes

That’s very strange because I would assume the SSRIs you took had a much stronger effect on serontonin than 5htp. I always thought 5htp was to ssris what saw palmetto is to finasteride

SSRI stops the elimination of serotonin, thus increasing the level. Taking 5-HTP produces serotonin while SSRI prevents its elimination until there’s just too much. Then everything tops over.

2 Likes

Here are the common features of all recoveries

1. Time (Years worth)
  2. Consistent Resistance Training and Sprinting
  3. Increase of androgens
  4. Clean diet
13 Likes

Well spoken.

I see those common thigs as well.

How do i clean my diet? No sugar? No carbs? But there is a study which showed carb diet raises testesterone better than protein diet? Should we believe to that study?

No or low sugar and carbs. Usually Keto or paleo style eating is common in most success stories

You’re assuming that increasing test is a good thing. I’m not convinced it always is for us

3 Likes

paleo style diet with moderate carbs… meat, eggs, fruits, vegetables, fermented foods and “clean” carbs like root vegetables, oats, white rice but try to only eat carbs later in the day (backloading) .

Do this and cut out anything processed, cut out gluten, limit sugar and alcohol and you’ll do well.

1 Like

Did you see improvements yourself on this diet?

1 Like

I, for myself, after 8 months of being ketogenic / carnivore, find I sleep better if i eat half a potato at dinner.

A little carbs around 6 pm is helpful to me. (we’re talking 20-30 gr. of carbs in the evening only, none at all during the day)

1 Like

I have definitely seen improvements with this diet. My digestion is pretty much back to normal, I am leaner and stronger than I was pre-pfs and my sexual health has greatly improved.

3 Likes

That seems to be a, if not THE, common thread in nearly every improvement story I read. I wish I knew why. Low carb / paleo style diets.

1 Like

works for me. I’m also thinner / stronger / heathier than I was pre fin.
And no more headaches (I had 5 times a week) or stomach ache almost everyday.
Not to mention pfs symptoms are almost all gone.

3 Likes

Yup. Your results are one of the ones I remember as well

Here is what you need to do.

I have reason to believe that there is a glucocorticoid receptor dysfunction. The idea is to resensitize by increasing cortisol and reducing progesterone.

Take baking soda 5g/day
No carbs
Exercise to failure
Coffee in the morning
Iodine 1mg/day
Take corticosteroids (if necessary)

This is a cycle, not more than a week on/week off.

6 Likes

makes sense. when I’m playing poker, I feel hornier and I have better erections! I believe it has a relationship with the released cortisol when it comes out with the game …

Interestingly enough, I was just reading a posts on HS of yours talking about GR issues from like 5 months ago… strange.

Yes, glucocorticoid receptors transrepress nf-kb in places like brain and genitals which are causing inflammatory proliferation and reduced neurotransmitter or nerve (NO, acetylcholine, NOR, ATP) signalling. You will find everyone with PFS in a constant state of inflammation and allergy. Look on the underside of the upper eyelids and you will most probably see papillary conjunctivitis. Shutting down the immune response for a short time may stop the whole process, which is the idea behind water fasting for example, and the reason how most recovery stories come into play, strong and short immunosuppression that breaks the cycle.

Many PFS people including myself also continue maintaining their hair as if they are still on finasteride. This is because GCR transcribe PGD2 receptors which causes MPB. PGD2 is also involved in superficial skin sensation.

That’s my theory.

5 Likes