Story of Spstriken

Almost 10 years after I am feeling a lot better. I dont claim that I have recovered 100% but I would say I have improved a lot.
As you guys know I have been on VitD3 for the last 9 years. After I stopped AndroGel I was crippled. I was very weak. I was in such a bad condition that sexual sides were not my main concern. I was feeling like dying every day.My issues were like

Thin skin
Easy bruising
Gum issues
weak bones, weak teeth
Indigestion, nausea , vomiting.
Insomnia
heart palpitation
Frequent urination
Crying easily even with family or at job.

I started 4 Tabs VitD3 a day and then slowly went to 8 tabs(8000 IU). Very quickly I noticed I stopped losing weight, urination became normal, appetite returned, bone pain became lower and lower.Slowly all of my above listed issues improved. Nausea took a very long time to improve. I have already started going to job long ago. My fatigue level has improved a lot. Sexual sides are there but not as bad as they were before. Today I can laugh, I can enjoy the life and I do not cry easily. I always keep VitD3 with me wherever I go. Although my Dose is stabilized at 5000 IU daily but I feel my body is responding stronger to VitD3. Which means what effects I used to get from 7000 to 8000 IU, now 5000IU gives me the same effects.

I have tried to stop VitD3 many times but within 2-3 days my condition worsens. I get general feelings of body systems shutting down. My mood becomes cranky, my food starts taking longer to digest, appetite declines, vision becomes blurry, feet and hands start aching etc. As soon as I start VitD3, everything becomes normal in the same day or the next day.
I hope my experiment with VitD3 will help alot of people here.

2 Likes

It is great that You are doing better and I wish that D3 will keep helping You, but I honestly think that it is a good idea to also include some kind of a Warning or a Disclaimer for new members - that there are also some reports that D3 made couple other sufferers also crash, unfortunatelly. I do not doubt You do have only good intentions, but I think that only then You can consider Your effort as a truly helping one, thinking about all spectrum of sufferers - once that You are already aware also of the downside opposite D3 reaction in some sufferers. I wish You good luck in keeping improving

1 Like

Hey man, what percentage would you put for your recovery? And do you think you will eventually fully recover?

Spstriken,

You took Saw P correct ?

You had normal 3b-adiol levels when we checked in 2014. 3b-adiol activates estrogen receptor

Do you know if you get worse from inhibiting estrogen ?

Iā€™m not talking about vitamin D. Have you ever taking anything else that lowered estrogen that made you worse ?

Saw P has ability to effect estrogen production more so than fin thatā€™s why Iā€™m asking

There is a pattern with Saw P PFS guys that get worse from inhibiting estrogen

Iā€™m interested to know where you stand on this

Also have you ever tested low in vitamin D? An actual below reference range low reading on a lab ?

You may fall within this pattern. A Saw P who gets worse from inhibiting estrogen as well despite having a good reaction to vitamin Dā€¦

Of course if you are someone who has flagged low vitamin D levels from PFS or maybe even prior to PFS it would help explain why when you take vitamin D itā€™s not inhibiting your estrogen. Instead your body is doing other things with the vitamin D that you are giving it because it needs it to do these things. You were lowā€¦

Iā€™m offering this as an explanation as to why it would be possible for you to be another PFS Saw P guy who would get worse from inhibiting estrogen but does not get worse from taking vitamin Dā€¦

How do I know this is possible?

Iā€™m a Saw P PFS guy who gets worse from inhibiting estrogen who also gets better from taking vitamin D

This is a good example as to why we are all different

We need to find patterns of the different cases

some times close to 90% or more.
5-alpha you are thinking too complicated. I have made posts here about women who used Arimidex and got almost same as PFS. Also women using IUD of artificial Progestron suffered just like us. My point is simple when you play with any hormone, you play with fire.
My VitD was never low in my life. I never used any Vitamins. Before 20 min of sunlight used to super charge me. After sides, sunlight just burns my skin, does nothing, no energy like before. Yes my blood test showed VitD below range. There are a lot of researches that show Statins also cause low vit D, so the sides are the same.

yes I think my improvement will change into recovery. I think VitD has re-sensitized my body. I tried AndroGel but no luck, tired Tribulus no luck , tried MAcca no luck. But only VitD3 is all side effects free.

When did you have your low vitamin D test before or after PFS?

U r a Saw P victim right ?

Not sure if I understood the answer on if you get worse from inhibiting estrogen or notā€¦do u?

Or do you not know because you never took an AI?

I donā€™t know if you realized that Vit-D3 suppresses estrogen,
17Ī²-E2, Progesterone, ER and Aromatase (gene CYP19A1).

Iā€™m aware

Demon

Itā€™s my understanding that you got worse from taking vitamin D and that you contribute this to vitamin D lowering your estrogen correct ?

I donā€™t think itā€™s being argued that no PFS victim has ever got side effects from taking vitamin D

Instead what I think is going on here is that SPS is saying that in his experience vitamin D has not only been side effect free but itā€™s also helped him substantially

some PFS guys are sensitive to inhibiting estrogen. Itā€™s a fact. Itā€™s also a fact that some PFS guys are really sensitive to inhibiting estrogen. So Iā€™m by no means questioning your conclusions or your experience with vitamin D.

Please understand though that not all PFS guys are sensitive to inhibiting estrogen. Those who are sensitive to inhibiting estrogen are not all going to be extremely sensitive to the extent that vitamin D will make them worse

Please also understand that if you are low in vitamin D and take it itā€™s more likely to go towards other functions in your body and there wonā€™t be enough to inhibit estrogen.

The point here is that we canā€™t characterize PFS into this simple syndrome where everyone who takes vitamin D such and such will happen.

Why ?

Because PFS is not a simple syndrome

Rather than fight with each other and get the thread shut down we are better off working with each other to try to figure out why SPS did not get worse from taking vitamin D and why you did.

At the end of the day the one thing we all do have in common is that we all have PFS

If some one is concerned that he will get negative sides from Vit D then he should start with low doses and slowly increase. I know my vit D very will now, it is not that I started it yesterday. I have been on it for 9 years. Its a very long and enough periodā€¦ Its effects are like day and night for me. When I take at night at bed time it gives me very deep sleep. Also my vision has got way better now.
About Estrogen. You can search my blood tests and you can see it was low, not high after the sides.when I started Vit D, no body was on it. There was a user Slonjk he scared me a lot and was very much against it. Today I am happy that I did not listened to him. I did what I thought was correct based on my research.

Thatā€™s all we can do. Do what we think is best based off of our research and it worked in your favor.

You had a low vitamin D test after getting PFS

You took vitamin and D and got better. There is nothing complicated going on here.

As far as drawing a conclusion as to if vitamin D lowered your estrogen and or if you would get worse from inhibiting estrogen we canā€™t draw any based off of the info you provided

I had low vitamin D. Took vitamin D and got improvements but not to the degree that you describe. I also get worse when I inhibit estrogen. For me vitamin D did not inhibit estrogen . I take 5000 IUā€™s per day not counting what I get from my foods and the sun

I also have taking 10000 IUā€™s daily with no issues. Was just making more expansive piss though so I cut back hahaā€¦

Most Saw P PFS Guys get worse from inhibiting estrogen with things such as vitamin E and prescription AIā€™s obviously. Also DHT pro hormones can also lower estrogen too much in the Estrogen sensitive PFS guys

There have been cases with vitamin D making people worse such as Damon.

You never took these things too the sounds of it so we donā€™t know if you are another Saw P guy that would get worse from inhibiting estrogen

All we know is you are a Saw P guy with low estrogen (which does not surprise me seeing that Saw P is an AI) and you got better from taking vitamin D because you had low vitamin D.

Saw P has different mechanism than Fin. No bonding with 5ARā€™s substrate. Saw P is just inhibiting several enzymes

It took me 10 years to get better. I donā€™t know how long you have been taking. My improvements came in the form of waves. I feel like there are many layers in our body. And with each wave my one layer got better. For example after sides my body was cold like ice and it remained like this for a very long time. Then I felt with each VitD Dose my body was getting warmer. This warming periods were initially short but then got longer and longer. Now almost all the time my body is warm. But the effects of Vit D were not going deep in the body. Now I feel effects very deep. I first time noticed real improvement in August 2016 and then 2018. For example despite all benefits my belly was very big and I was looking 6 month pregnent. Then I noticed my belly was disappearing for some days and coming back again for few days. Now it has almost gone, just looks normal.

Another thing I stayed away from Glutin from 2013 to the end of 2017.
Also I fast daily for 9-10 hours. I donā€™t eat or drink during this period. I donā€™t know if it helped but it helped reduce my fatigue.

Congrats on your recovery. Sounds like you have made a lot of progress

Iā€™m a 9 year Saw P sufferer. I have made progress. Lots of progress in some areas but not a lot in others. I did take Saw P again though a few years into PFS not knowing I had PFS and not knowing that I took Saw P the first time that I took it. I also got worse from taking armidex at one point. Than recently got worse from taking licorice extract which effects cortisol.

I am one of the people who experimentā€™s and tries to figure this thing out hahaā€¦

I can also comfortable say that I was hit hard enough though that if I did nothing other than follow a healthy steady protocol like you did that I would not have recovered. I have followed and still do follow the CD protocol closely for extended periods of time. Although it helped a lot it never recovered the sexual sides for me.

Obviously there is no way to know for certain as to if the result would have been different if I did not also do other things along the way but either way as a fellow Saw P victim Iā€™m happy for you

My vision is very clear. SP/Fin/Dut/Statins/Betasitosterol etc all messed up with our Cholestrolā€™s ability to convert into other hormones especially VitD. If I sit in the sun all day nothing would happen. While before only 20 minute sun exposure was enough to get fully charged for many days. Anyway vit D3 is the key. The key is take Vit D3 not D2 and do not take mega doses like 50000 units. Of course mega doses of even table salt will send you to ER. Everything needs to be in its moderate quantity. People screw up themselves with mega doses and then start blaming. I have zero sides from VitD3. It has covered 100% issue caused by SP. My whole blood picture got better including insulin, cortisol, CR protein, Thyroid hormones, LH, FSH, etc. You should know (just google for low level of calcium + endocrine system) without proper level of Calcium Endocrine system shuts down and without VitD, your guts will not absorb any Calcium. Therefore Vit D3 is must.
If you look profile of any person who has taken Statins, Metformin, SP, Fin etc, you will see they all are vitamin D deficient.

1 Like

Also note anyone here who claims recovery or improvement is taking Vit D3 with thousands of unnecessary herbs or vitamins. If they exclude VitD from their list, their recovery will be zero.

1 Like

Did you ever experience height loss? Asking it because you have low mineral density?

Whatā€™s wrong with metformin?