SSRI to increase allopregenolone starting today

Hey,

I’m wondering whether all my hormones downregulated to protect the brain from being overstimulaetd if finasteride lowers allopregenalone.

I am currently on test, arimidex, DHEA, pregenolone, HGH.

I asked dr to prescribe Zoloft today to see whether it would help boost allopregenalone per study and improve brain fog (some of these drugs have made it worse)

I tried 2 anti-D in 2008 but it did nothing - however then i was on no hormones (I didn’t know then theywere low).

he wanted very low dose only -25mg

Zoloft is an SSRI. SSRIs have been known to cause the same problems as Propecia.

oh my!! please just dont

1 Like

I am suffering severe mental fog - i graduated in the top 1% of my state at high school (we have standardised exams, and my parents were not wealthy) and top 2% of a top tier Australian law firm.

Who cares about your penis if u can’t think and work? No offence but complaining about low libido is fairly frivolous compared to extreme brain fog and having your career destroyed

And TRT has fixed my boner issue anyway

If you have reason to believe that Zoloft may help then it is worth trying in my opinion. Keep in mind that with anti depressants, you need to be patient and give them time to work properly otherwise there is no point in bothering.

Zoloft has a 3.3 rating on askapatient

askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=19839&name=ZOLOFT

Also be aware that there is a yahoo forum for persistent SSRI side effects with over 3000 members

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ssrisex/

A quote from that forum: “I have no idea. My penis head, shaft and testicles are all pale. My whole genital region is also numb, even anal/prostate area. Never was like this until I took Zoloft.”

Have you considered fasting or a paleo diet? both have a very impressive track record on this forum when it comes to beating brain fog. A lifestyle change would certainly be better than throwing more pharmaceutical drugs into your system.

@SIMS

Hey man. In my opinion avoid taking more meds. A while back Mew told me to get on some fish oil. I tried it in pill form with no luck, but when I started using it in oil form, it helped a ton with mental sides. Also, a former member told me to use apple cider vinegar and it helped a lot as well. While I still have issues, I am no longer laying down staring at the wall for house on end. Try these things before using more meds, in my opinion. Feel better.

bluecloud87:

I did paleo for 4 months. I’m still 95%+ paleo because of habit (exception is rice milk). Have not tried fasting (except IF). I don’t eat any food additives except Himalayan sea salt.

I really don’t care about sexual side effects. I would chop of my penis if it meant i could think as well as when i was 22 (I am now 29). I’m not sure how someone can think about sex if extremely fatigued or something extreme brain fog anyway.

Lennon: thanks for advice and I tried it. I was doing 30g of liquid fish oil per day. No benefit. I have stopped that but now eat 300g of sardines per day and 10g of fish oil. Why cider vinegar? To lower GI of foods?

perhaps its made my skin better but that’s about it (and maybe lowered bf%).

@SIMMS

I do not really know the reason why the apple cider vinegar helped my sleep. A member suggested it to me for sleep and it has definately helped some. From the point of my initial crash to the time I started using the apple cider vinegar, I had horrible insomnia. I actually found this to be the hardest part aside from mental, physical and of course sexual. I remember at my lowest point I was awake for something like 3-4 days straight. Most days I would pass out for a couple of hours if I was lucky. Either way, right when I started drinking the ACV, my sleep has become much more normal. May be worth a try and it is very cheap. Good luck man.

What dosage did u use?

It lowers the GI of food - do u eat a high carb diet?

@SIMMS

No dosage really. I just take a couple nice swigs maybe 20 minutes before I try to fall asleep and it helps to become a bit drowsy. May be worth a shot. I know everyone is different with this syndrome, but it may work if you are having heavy sleep issues.

My diet is not really strict. I eat a bit of this and a bit of that. Heavy sugar and alcohol really mess me up now so I avoid alcohol completely and try to avoid sugar. I go for lots of protein because I read cards just turn to sugar anyways. On a daily basis, I eat fish, avocado, an egg, some veggies, nuts and fruit.

I would highly recommend apple cider vinegar and fasting. At 2 years off finasteride both of those are going to be my ‘vices’ so to speak and maybe another run of dutasteride.

why are u going to take dutaseride lol?

for the love of god don’t take zoloft

Some bumpkin doctor prescribed me Zoloft for anxiety in 2003 knowing that I already had problems with sexual dysfunction.
Second worst drug I’ve ever taken.
Got rid of the anxiety, but actually gave me severe brain fog.
My penile numbness and difficulty ejaculating turned into a complete absence of sexual pleasure and I was only able to get-off maybe once or twice the entire time I was on it. (might as well have been using my fingers)

Thankfully the zoloft sides went away about a week after quitting, and I went back to feeling as shitty as usual.

I think if anything an SSRI would only make your brain fog worse.
Hopefully this is a last resort, and you prove me wrong if you decide to take it.

Thanks for ur experience.

This is a last restort, but be aware i’ve tried A LOT OF things.

It’s only 25mg Zoloft.

That’s 24mg more than a 1mg propecia tablet as long as you are rationalizing by mass.

lol - that is like saying “1g of fat” is a lot because it’s 1000 times the propecia tablet.

25mg Zoloft is 1/2 the minimum dose recommended for depression. 50-200 is the standard amount.

Some members on this forum are here after taking .5mg or less of finasteride.

I see you acknowledge my point but still don’t comprehend it. Fin has a flat dose response rate. Do a search for “flat dose response rate” here on the forum to review the literature. If you take half the minimum recommended dose of finasteride for mpb you will get essentially the same response. This is why you can’t ween off the drug. If this holds true for so loft I can’t say, however it shows the fallacy of rationalizing that a potent pharmaceutical chemical is safe simply by consuming a smaller amount of it.

I’m aware Zoloft is taking a risk, but short of doing nothing, all options involve risk as far as i see it.

Again, i don’t care about sexual side effects. I’m not seeing any clear ways to improve neurotrasmitters on this forum