Sonic's raw food/juice/fasting

I’ve been on a ketogenic diet for a couple days now, my side effects are very bad, i can barely function. My mind races a mile a minute and I am seeing the world through a fishbowl

being in a ketosis state is very important.
i saw some weird things happening to me very soon but the best effects was noticed after two months (i could sleep without meds).
now i’m noticing another very little improvement (my nails getting thicker, gonna post pics in the right post).

i’m curious to know about your diet and the overall protocol, if there’s any :slight_smile:

I don’t have a set protocol, but
Breakfast: beef & spinach with butter or coconut oil in the mornings
handful of berries or raw carrot as snack
Lunch: beef or pork with butter and steamed kale or spinach
1-2 tbsp raw organic peanut butter
Dinner: 1/2 cucumber and pork or beef

This is just a rough outline.

Coconut oil: anti androgenic

Fairly sure that carrots are on the list and that lots of people here have had problems with peanuts. Some berries are a problem too (definitely blueberries).

1 Like

Any problems with celery, spinach, mixed greens, green apples, cucumbers?

To my knowledge, no.

You could search the name of what you’re eating and “anti androgen” and “5ari” and see if hairloss forums recommend them to make sure though.

@Dknighten you have to find out by yourself what’s good or bad for you.
for example i feel bad on tuna!
indeed i do not feel good on carrots but i suppose it’s not because of 5ar inhibition, it should be something else, something related with starches…
every vegeteble is somehow full of phytoestrogens, but that’s not a good reason to not eat them.

2 Likes

update.
no good news this time.
since i felt a lot better, with the help of my psychiatrist, i started tapering off antidepressants and now i’m again depressed, suicidal, desperate.
this night i wrote a goodbye letter. i feel like i’m gonna stop fighting.

You should remember the relatively good times you have had recently. There are many ups and downs in this. I know how bad the lows can feel but you can get back to the highs.

@Go_Faster_Sonic you’ve made really good progress in areas like sleep. If you can tolerate ssris maybe try CES. You also mentioned neuro feedback. In some countries you can rent the neuro optima units.
I’m surprised cold showers and meditation haven’t helped.

Question: What were you exactly taking? What dosages? From what dose to what dose?
I’m dead cuorious about this

He’s written everything in this long sprawling topic. It’ll be buried in here somewhere.

cold showers helped a lot. i felt happy again. i was taking a very minimal dose of antidepressant, 5 mg escitalopram every other day.
then stress, summer, parents and relatives who don’t trust me, the tapering off…
i made progress in sleep, overall happiness, poop, hair color, nails, tremors… i made progress with this diet but… when i started solowly tapering off ad and stress broke in my life it was like crashing again… now i feel a little better, thank you for your interest.

i think that for many of us, not all of us, there’s a terrible mix of syndrome + parents who don’t trust you + previous problems (mostly we are ocd incapable to tolerate change, i mean hairloss).
when you lose job, university, friends, relationships… you can enter in a bad circle.

@Wetaka when i crashed i was a mess and i used to take 10 mg escitalopram daily + 15 drops xanax three times per day + 25 drops trazodone to sleep.
Now i only take 5 mg escitalopram every other day. I switched to 4 drops and then 3 drops every other day when the hell broke in…

Ok, 1 year has passed.
Though i wished i could get more from this treatment, i had some results and it’s time for me to take stock of the situation.

1 YEAR AGO
Mental
tinnitus: 0/10
tinnitus button: 3/10
suicidal ideation: 0/10
depression: 0/10
anxiety: 7/10
social phobia: 8/10
insomnia: 10/10
memory loss: 6/10
stumbling over words: 0/10
slurring of speech: 0/10
laziness/lack of motivation: 6/10
loss of personality: 7/10
crazy thoughts/irrational fears: 10/10
disconnection feeling: 9/10

Physical
stiffness of the left leg: 5/10
tremors: 0/10
lipoatrophy: 10 (proceeds)
wrinkles: 10 (proceeds)
graying hairs: 10 (proceeds)
dry skin & other skin disorders: 10 (proceeds)
fatigue: 0/10
joint pain: 0/10
poop pellets: 9/10
flu-like symptoms: 0/10

TODAY
Mental
tinnitus: 0/10
tinnitus button: 3/10
suicidal ideation: 0/10
depression: 0/10
anxiety: 5/10
social phobia: 4/10
insomnia: 4/10
memory loss: fixed
stumbling over words: fixed
slurring of speech: fixed
laziness/lack of motivation: 3/10
loss of personality: 5/10
crazy thoughts/irrational fears: 10/10
disconnection feeling: 5/10
poor stress tolerance: 10/10
indecision: 10/10

Physical
stiffness of the left leg: 5/10
tremors: 0/10
groin: fixed
poop: fixed
lipoatrophy: 10/10
wrinkles: 10/10
graying hairs: 5/10
dry skin: 9/10
vitiligo-like patches: 10/10
fatigue: 0
joint pain: 0
poop pellets: 10/10
flu-like symptoms: fixed
soft nails: fixed

sexual
premature ajaculation: 10/10
penile shrinkage: comes and goes…

So, important things that improved are:

• anxiety (very little)
  • social phobia (enough)
  • insomnia (a lot)
  • memory loss (fixed until i am stressed)
  • tremors (fixed until i am stressed)
  • loss of personality (enough to let me be, at least partially, myself)
  • disconnection feeling (enough to feel more connected to reality)
  • graying hairs (enough to get some hairs dark again)
  • dry skin (very, very little. yesterday i noticed i have a very thin sebum layer on my face but still very dry)
  • soft nails (seem to be fixed. i forgot to mention it, 1 year ago, but my nails got very thin then).

I still have debilitating symptoms like anxiety and poor stress tolerance, which are the worse along with crazy, paranoic, fearful thoughts: all these symptoms are the most debilitating and i cannot have a normal life yet.
About this, i wonder if my crazy thoughts are due to the big anxiety, i wonder if anxiety did serve as fertile ground for the establishment of irrational parasitic thoughts… in any case, they are still there. like my phobia for romantic relationships, or extreme indecision… all things that don’t allow me to live fully.
What I can’t understand is whether it’s physiological or psychological… so I don’t really know how to intervene, what to do …
Among other things I do not remember I found other guys with these phobias, so I wonder if in reality the pfs has nothing to do with it … What do you think?

Although these results are good results, i expected to earn more after 1 year.
I’m considering to switch from my regimen to a keto diet, since guys like @Ozeph earn a lot more after 1 year…
I also wonder if a psychologist might help with these phobias… maybe a nlp practitioner… don’t know.

I forgot to mention that my imrproved sebum production might be due to the no fap regimen :wink:
1 month ago i completely stopped masturbating.

I also forgot to mention that i’m still trying to taper off antidepressants… it’s very, very hard, since i take the minmum amount possible and going cold turkey makes me feel bad again.

People with high IQ have more Glutamate receptors in their brain, making the brain fast, which also means less GABA to cool them down.

I’ve noticed theres a lot of high IQ people in here. Considering pfs lowers Gaba, resulting in anxiety, panic attack, insomnia and spasm, I think high IQ people are overrepresented in this forum. At least for the neurological side effects.
High IQ can also leads to other problems like OCD, paranoia, anguish, schitzophrenia etc…
Many may be predisposed to the neurological effects.
Same goes for sexual effects, but guys with initial sex drive being medium or low could be more affected.

It just a theory. Not sure about the sexual sides, but I find there’s a lot of above average IQ people here.

2 Likes

thank you ozpeh, never thought about this… so, if your theory is correct, i have a physiological issue rather than a psychological one… but i cannot destroy my glutamate receptors… :smiley:

what can i do?

btw, apart from this site, i already noticed that my most intelligent friends have psychological problems…

Ehhh. I object to posts like this because it feeds into this misperception some have of this disease that it is a phantom pathology, psychologically induced by those with preexisting neurotic personalities. This misperception posits that finasteride is either safe for everyone and those who receive untoward effects are experiencing placebo symptoms or, those who claim they have pfs had “underlying conditions” in which finasteride is just a confounding factor. Dermatologists and some publications continue to publish misinformation and outright falsehoods despite all the recent evidential findings and frequent label changes to the drug in various different countries - as if they are sticking their fingers in their ears and partying like its 1997 and they have the cure to hair loss, don’t let the party be pooped by this bunch of moaning diabetics and those with a “background of a histrionic personality disorder”.

With regards to the bolded, are you aware of just how many men use finasteride? This is not some random research chemical that blubbering, effeminate men incapable of dealing with hair loss use out of desperation - it is an FDA approved medication in the treatment of AGA. From memory, I can state that these celebrities are using or have used the drug:

Joe Rogan
Louis Walsh
Bill Burr
Ashton Kutcher
Rob Lowe

Even self proclaimed alpha king of the world Donald Trump uses it. Are all these successful men “ocd, incapable to tolerate change” or are they just using a pill that the FDA says is safe so they don’t go bald and then getting on with their lives? If there existed a genetic condition that caused a person’s teeth to progressively go black and brown no matter how much they brushed their teeth and flossed, would they then be “ocd, incapable to tolerate change” if they used a medication their country’s national drug safety organisation proclaimed was safe to treat it? It is very natural for a man to not want to go bald and it reveals no defect nor raises no eyebrow with regards to his personality if he chooses to treat it.

2 Likes

Here’s a list of things to do and not do to reduce Glutamate and increase GABA:

Take and do:
• Animal protein and fat
• Ketogenic diet favor GABA and GAD
• Mackerel has high GABA
• Eating Organic
• Taurine increase GAD and binds to GABA Rec.
• Magnesium (Also activates GABA Rec.)
• Zinc (no more than 40 mg)
• Probiotics
• Vitamin D (Easy on it)
• Vitamin K
• Vitamin B6
• Lithium
• Iodine
• Boron
• Chlorella Blue-Green Algae to detoxify
• 5-HTP or Trytophan
• Keeping blood sugar leveled
• Adequate Sleep

Don’t Take, Don’t do:
• Glycine
• Glutamate, Glutamic acid
• Glutamine
• Cysteine
• Theanine
• Casein (Cheese)
• Aspartame (sweetener)
• MSG (monosodium Glutamate
• Calcium (be careful)
• Easy on Glutathione
• Beware of Candida guts and mouth infection
• Sugar, whole grain, Starch
• Caffeine, Chocolate
• Food that spikes Insulin
• Artificial flavor, color, sweeteners, additives.
• Pesticide, Herbicide, Heavy Metals , perfume, dish soap, laundry soap
• Benzodiazepine
• Hydrolyzed food, creamers, Yeast, Collagen, Carragenine, Guar Gum or any Gum, Malt, Soy.
• Whey protein, Sport Protein Shake, Branch Chain Amino Acids.
• Processed Meat
• Tomato Juice

https://www.jacobsladdercenter.com/doc/research/other/How-to-Increase-GABA-and-Balance-Glutamate.pdf

2 Likes