Sonic's raw food/juice/fasting

I also forgot to mention that i’m still trying to taper off antidepressants… it’s very, very hard, since i take the minmum amount possible and going cold turkey makes me feel bad again.

People with high IQ have more Glutamate receptors in their brain, making the brain fast, which also means less GABA to cool them down.

I’ve noticed theres a lot of high IQ people in here. Considering pfs lowers Gaba, resulting in anxiety, panic attack, insomnia and spasm, I think high IQ people are overrepresented in this forum. At least for the neurological side effects.
High IQ can also leads to other problems like OCD, paranoia, anguish, schitzophrenia etc…
Many may be predisposed to the neurological effects.
Same goes for sexual effects, but guys with initial sex drive being medium or low could be more affected.

It just a theory. Not sure about the sexual sides, but I find there’s a lot of above average IQ people here.

2 Likes

thank you ozpeh, never thought about this… so, if your theory is correct, i have a physiological issue rather than a psychological one… but i cannot destroy my glutamate receptors… :smiley:

what can i do?

btw, apart from this site, i already noticed that my most intelligent friends have psychological problems…

Ehhh. I object to posts like this because it feeds into this misperception some have of this disease that it is a phantom pathology, psychologically induced by those with preexisting neurotic personalities. This misperception posits that finasteride is either safe for everyone and those who receive untoward effects are experiencing placebo symptoms or, those who claim they have pfs had “underlying conditions” in which finasteride is just a confounding factor. Dermatologists and some publications continue to publish misinformation and outright falsehoods despite all the recent evidential findings and frequent label changes to the drug in various different countries - as if they are sticking their fingers in their ears and partying like its 1997 and they have the cure to hair loss, don’t let the party be pooped by this bunch of moaning diabetics and those with a “background of a histrionic personality disorder”.

With regards to the bolded, are you aware of just how many men use finasteride? This is not some random research chemical that blubbering, effeminate men incapable of dealing with hair loss use out of desperation - it is an FDA approved medication in the treatment of AGA. From memory, I can state that these celebrities are using or have used the drug:

Joe Rogan
Louis Walsh
Bill Burr
Ashton Kutcher
Rob Lowe

Even self proclaimed alpha king of the world Donald Trump uses it. Are all these successful men “ocd, incapable to tolerate change” or are they just using a pill that the FDA says is safe so they don’t go bald and then getting on with their lives? If there existed a genetic condition that caused a person’s teeth to progressively go black and brown no matter how much they brushed their teeth and flossed, would they then be “ocd, incapable to tolerate change” if they used a medication their country’s national drug safety organisation proclaimed was safe to treat it? It is very natural for a man to not want to go bald and it reveals no defect nor raises no eyebrow with regards to his personality if he chooses to treat it.

2 Likes

Here’s a list of things to do and not do to reduce Glutamate and increase GABA:

Take and do:
• Animal protein and fat
• Ketogenic diet favor GABA and GAD
• Mackerel has high GABA
• Eating Organic
• Taurine increase GAD and binds to GABA Rec.
• Magnesium (Also activates GABA Rec.)
• Zinc (no more than 40 mg)
• Probiotics
• Vitamin D (Easy on it)
• Vitamin K
• Vitamin B6
• Lithium
• Iodine
• Boron
• Chlorella Blue-Green Algae to detoxify
• 5-HTP or Trytophan
• Keeping blood sugar leveled
• Adequate Sleep

Don’t Take, Don’t do:
• Glycine
• Glutamate, Glutamic acid
• Glutamine
• Cysteine
• Theanine
• Casein (Cheese)
• Aspartame (sweetener)
• MSG (monosodium Glutamate
• Calcium (be careful)
• Easy on Glutathione
• Beware of Candida guts and mouth infection
• Sugar, whole grain, Starch
• Caffeine, Chocolate
• Food that spikes Insulin
• Artificial flavor, color, sweeteners, additives.
• Pesticide, Herbicide, Heavy Metals , perfume, dish soap, laundry soap
• Benzodiazepine
• Hydrolyzed food, creamers, Yeast, Collagen, Carragenine, Guar Gum or any Gum, Malt, Soy.
• Whey protein, Sport Protein Shake, Branch Chain Amino Acids.
• Processed Meat
• Tomato Juice

https://www.jacobsladdercenter.com/doc/research/other/How-to-Increase-GABA-and-Balance-Glutamate.pdf

2 Likes

It’s not black and white. PFS is a real and legitimate disease AND you can have problems with people in your social circle AND you can have pre existing issues.

It’s not like PFS only affects people with no pre existing issues or no social problems. Normally, diseases go the other way. When you are unhealthy or have unhealthy relationships, you’re more prone to additional diseases. There’s a lot of research on that.

But I always wonder why people care about those things. The fact and the matter is we have PFS. It doesn’t matter what’s in the past, where it comes from or whatever, the only things that matter is the present and how to deal with it.

2 Likes

The reason @Tzinkman replied as he did is perhaps illustrated in the below from a hair loss forum some of whom actively attempt to discredit Post Drug Syndrome sufferers. This post is in a topic which includes descriptions of symptoms taken from this forum.

Two words come to mind after reading this laughable waste of a thread: “baldcel cope”.
Absolutely disgusting of you to blame your pre-existing mental illness on a very, very safe drug like Finasteride. You should honestly be banned.

If we allow the idea that this is a mental illness (it isn’t) to flourish or disregard those accusations, we weaken our position as a patient group suffering from a serious health condition which requires investigation and research.

1 Like

I understand what @Tzinkman is doing and I agree with his motion. Nonetheless, everyone has pre-existing conditions and some of them most likely exacerbate pfs symptoms. That doesn’t mean pfs is not a disease by itself. Of course it is. Reality is more complex than we want to make it and misrepresenting it is not helping.

Now of course, I would ban someone saying finasteride is a very, very safe drugs and that’s because I couldn’t send that person to jail for inciting people into taking a dangerous drugs that caused deaths by lying about its dangers.

But there are bufoons everywhere and ignorance is not a crime. There’s not much that can be done about those idiots (we could feed this guy with finasteride, than stop than give him again, then stop and so on until he crashes and realizes the truth, but what purpose would that serve ?)

Anyway. This is not very important to me so I leave you guys to take care of Public Relationship. The cure is not far. It may even be spread around in bits and pieces on this forum already.

I believe in truth, ugly or nice, because reality is the strongest foundation.

2 Likes

whatever Tzinkman said (don’t understand, sorry), i know for sure that I WAS NOT like this before finasteride. I had tons of friends, i had a relationship, i had a career: i had everything AND i was also a perfectionist, which doesn’t mean being crazy.

And i have physical symptoms as well, so… What is this guy saying?

1 Like

I believe you should try a carnivore diet first. Nothing coming from plants and no milk, it’s got carbs. Then after a month or so, you can slowly reintroduce some leafy greens, coconut milk or MCT oil, maybe some Brazil nuts and see how it goes.

A real ketogenic diet has too much plants, in my opinion, for pfs people. It creates too much inflammation.

1 Like

Update
I’d say between 5 and 6 months ago i started a 100% raw food, natural hygiene inspired diet.
Almost 2 months ago i felt good and happy enough to completely stop the antidepressants.

Still have problems at home, unfortunately.
You do know the “they say is all in my head” thing, right?
Well, maybe because of fin, i developed a terrible allergy or sensitization or else to something maybe is in my house (mold is my hypothesis) that is giving me itchy throat, insomnia, brain fog and others symptoms everytime i’m at home. And i do not have another place where to live.

Even because of fin i do not work, so i live with my parents, and they think that these latest health issues are all in my head.
I’d go to social workers, if only i felt i could relate to the government in this particular historical period.

This to say that if i’m not going to die because of fin, it could happen because of society/doctors/parents who do not understand nor support.

Stress does not help improving, nor insomnia.
Home environment might kill pfs patients, in my opinion.

Anyway, help.

1 Like

Are you still follwing raw food diet?
As of my experience this diet is great to get rid off the mental side effects such as brainfog.

But for libido/ED issues meat is still necessary.

@Go_Faster_Sonic sorry to read this as I remember you were a severe case do you think the anxiety could be driving some of these thoughts though I do agree some of us become extremely sensitive and despite obvious physical changes the constant denial is very hard to take. I don’t know what to suggest for the mold the spores can cause problems in healthy people. However I have those symptoms too. What has improved with the diet?

yes i’m still on the raw food diet. i feel it helped me with mental issues. when i’m not stressed by (these hard) life circumstances i do feel happy.

which thoughts?

you mean, kind of allergic reactions to molds and other stuff?

Diet improved my mood and (a little with the) anxiety to the point i stopped taking antidepressants. When i was not stressed i also noticed, or at least it seemed to me to notice, some maybe neurological symptoms: i stopped holding my right hand in a fist and the stiffness of my left leg disappeared.
More profound sleep also.

What still bother me is the way i talk, all these “maybe”, “it seems to me” etc. I got very insecure, precise, obsessive, paranoic due to fin. I tend to be precise when i talk, i’m afraid that if i say anything wrong, i’m gonna pay consequences for that.

This f******g “maybe-mold-allergy” ruined everything, anyway.

1 Like

I’m allergic to lots of things even what we would deem as harmless. I wiped mould from a garage wall last year and my hand turned red and inflamed I vomited later that day and felt like hell I didn’t make the connection as I have so much shit going on. Great u got off the anti ds. I’m also like that, realy passive and fearful. Low T and neurosteroids hit our confidence, social presence etc so we’re trying to limit threat. Its insane. I doubt it’s only the mould. Sounds like you’ve made some improvements which is a massive achievement as I recall you were on the shit for years. I have allergic type reactions to so many things I seem to have plateaud with some creams my skin used to react to everything I put on it. I’d even break out with warm water. Food seems to by number 1 enemy. I had a few mussels on Friday and spent three days in absolute turmoil. I really thought it was the end of the road. Anyways a few positives for you mate. Keep your chin up.

Would you please try to list your “allergies” (or whatever they are) pre and post fin?
I used to be allergic to cats and mites before fin, now i’m also maybe “allergic” to mold, humidity or some other still unidentified stuff. Uh, sometimes i do not tolerate conditioned air.

About the food intolerances, i was in a very bad place, this is another improvement i made after starting the raw food diet. I could not tolerate avocados, tomatoes, some oranges, bananas, lemons… i still remember when i arrived to the point i only ate salads, cucumbers and apples. stop.
Now i can finally eat tomatoes, i’m grateful for that.
I still do not tolerate nuts though.

As for my insomnia and some other mental issues i ascribe to the molds… well, tonight i tried sleeping somewhere else and i had insomnia again… so i bet that after two months i’m having withdrawal symptoms from ssri’s or maybe is a discontinuation syndrome, i don’t know…
I am considering taking a half step back and starting again on a portion of antidepressants.

Pre fin mild peanut allergy and hay-fever. The hay fever seemed to had reduced over the years but its now worse than when I first developed it in my teens. In recent years I noticed when in air con environments I get lung trouble and a runny nose as well as feeling extra cold my body temp is permanently lower too. Regularly 35 degrees. After long haul flights I have an explosion jn symptoms with terrible joint pain. Must be something in the cabin. Whatever they push through the vents. I am intolerent to most foods particularly arimitose inhibitors and 5ars. Plastic packaged, tinned foods, most cooking oils, most fruit, veg, saladI react badly to sprays, cleaning products. All nuts. Even electric razors leave scorch marks on my skin.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with your diet

Are you following a raw vegan diet?
Or do you also include raw meat / raw fish like salmon?

As of my experience I feel best with a raw paleo diet which mainly contains fruits and greens. Sometimes I add a little bit raw fish, meat and nuts.

I’m on a raw, vegan, natural hygiene inspired diet. Natural hygiene is a discovery i like very much. It teaches me what really is good for humans, or at least for me, and what it isn’t.
For example, would you bite a big, raw onion and eat it with pleasure? If the answer is no, than the onion is not food, at least not for you.
A natural hygiene expert even taught me that food is what you are capable to get by using your own body. In this sense, if you are not able to dive in the middle of the mediterranean sea to get a big tuna fish (and then find it attractive and bite it and eat it in its raw form), again, that is not food for you.

I was in paleo before this raw food and i liked it, a paleo diet with almost 70 per cent raw vegetable foods and it gave me some results. Did you get results?

I tried raw meat and i found it almost disgusting… i’d try some raw eggs insteaad… what about you?

1 Like