So close to suicide

I read a book by a famous psychiatrist who interviewed dozens of doctors doing cutting edge research into the field for the treatment of various conditions. Mostly nuero-motor conditions but essentially they all proved that brain cells can regrow and also adapt to changing neurological conditions. The didn’t go much into depression but he did discuss how they had shown that during some depression treatments they believed it wasn’t actual meds that made patients recover but by induced brain cell regrowth that helped them recover.

It struck me immediately; since we don’t seem to see much resolution for other side effects, but the brain being vital to our survival must adapt into its new environment to function. Even years later we all have low neurosteroids, but our brain cells (especially the newer ones) may be more sensitive to the neurosteroids we do still have. Most likely with a higher number of receptors for the neurosteroids.

Found the link, here is the book in-case your interested:

amazon.com/Brain-That-Change … plasticity

3 months off the poison I’m still suffering from the anxiety insomnia those are the two most brutal sides brain fog is up there, haven’t totally lost all sexual function but my god it’s not what it was. I’m just hoping that with time exercise and diet I can show some signs of recovery. Thinking of quitting my job to focus on recovery. In the gym now lifting heavy weights and supplementing with a-he test booster which will hopefully give me some results. Fingers crossed sleep improves as this is compounding everything and stopping recovery please tell me sleep improves

Do you find that you have some abilities that you didn’t have prior to this whole mess? My whole life I always had a bad sense of direction and now I have a killer sense of direction. I never get lost. I’ve also become a bit of a math geek… I’m no longer afraid of numbers. I find myself getting geeked out by the rule of 72 and interest rates. I have zero anxiety, ever. This is very strange to me. It’s almost like I have somebody else’s brain in my head inside of my own brain and it’s caused me to have a bit of an identity crisis

No… nothing beneficial at all.

I’ve done a lot of things that probably induced neurogenic changes. The alpha-stim I use I’m convinced induces neurogenisis. If my blood ever goes back to normal I’ll probably feel like some kind of super human

I’m one more on this list to say “I’ve been there, and it gets better”. Much better.
The results of all the vitamins, supplements, doc visits, HRT, working out, eating clean…

My GF is 28, I’m 49. A hot body and normalized hormones is entirely possible but it takes work.

Yes it dose going that way know

Hope you have changed your mind. I had the same feel. I almost ran into a wall with my car, a few times. Now its bearable. Not good, but in a situation where you can feel hope! What helped me a lot was antidepressive. I know many of you claim that the clean way is better, but when you are close To suicide and have To make a living, its a good option!

There is a big difference between wanting to die and just being concerned about getting pussy.

Probably about 85% of the people here never even got the really bad form of PFS, where you end up basically a outcast of society for awhile. Unless you were to the point of putting a gun to your head or cutting your wrists you have no place justifying recovery to those that have been that far.

This is not true. Your reaction to pfs depends also on your psychology. Some people are strong, some aren’t. Some suffer less psychologically (or know how to suffer less), some more. And that’s a human reality, even without pfs. A 20 year old will probably be more vulnerable, a 40 YO will generally be much stronger. Your will to suicide is not proprtional to your pfs damage, althought it’s correlated.

1 Like

Hmm. Why don’t you read his story/listen to his podcast before making the assertion that he was lightly affected by the drug and has no right to comment on recovery. From what I ve seen and heard he lost everything. Family, career and every aspect of health one holds dear. Give the cynicism a break bp.

To the op. Hang in there dude. Like many I was in your shoes. Take some time off work. Seek psychiatric help if things get completely intolerable. Take it one day at a time. Exercise when you feel up to it. Rest when you don’t. Eliminate stress. Reach out to those closest to you doe support. Best wishes.

1 Like

And what scientific evidence is there to back any of this up? Is it your personal opinion, if so are you a scientist?

By the way… the OP attempted suicide recently, and is close to death. May all our prayers be with him and his kin at this time.

1 Like

That’s awful to hear.

I m an atheist so I m not going to pray as I believe it is futile.

He needs immediate psychiatric help. Not prayers. Ect and intensive care. I hope he gets immediate help. Keep us posted if anyone knows the outcome.

Paul passed away today.

Paul, I’m sorry we weren’t able to save you but you won’t die in vain. I will do what I can with others to get your story out there. This madness has to stop!

1 Like

Degrees in Aerospace engineering and Bio-Nanotechnology engineering. I don’t usually define myself as a scientist, but I have some clues on how things work. As for my statements, they simply come from experience and common sense, oh and maybe a lot of other things I read on psychology, neurology, biology. If you’re asking me to explain this in microbiological terms, well, this might really take the rest of my life. Common sense, a bit of psychological knowledge and personal experience are really enough for being “99%” certain of what I said. But with time I could write an article with scientific references. I don’t have the will to as this is clearly understandable even without it.

While writing, nopecia gave the sad news. I’m sorry. Another loss…RIP

The belgravia clinic have blood on their hands.

I hope they are held to account for pauls death.

RIP

Another sad sad day!!!

I was in contact with Paul only a few days ago, seems like this world has lost another decent human being at the hands of Merck. Without Merck there would be no Propecia sales and no drug pushers like Belgravia, let’s not forget that

RIP Paul

1 Like

All I can do is to add my condolences to his family, friends, and acquaintances. This is truly a sad day. I don’t know whether his family want to publicly announce his use of propecia or not but I certainly cannot imagine the rage and sadness they are experiencing right now. All for what…for nothing.

Very, very sad news.

Our thoughts are with those close to this young man at what must be the lowest of times for them.