So 5 alpha-reductase inhibitor block estrogen?

He crashed 5HT with Creatine in my opinion. I see no other explanation.

Stimulation of 5-HT receptors reduces androgen receptor expression.

I exclude antifungal because it is topical, it is absorbed locally at 4% in the blood.
I think he put it on his legs. For me it is absurd that this is the cause.

Different speech for diet, he may have acted together with creatine.

In the end, however, the real dilemma is:

How can it cure this condition? I don’t know, I’m in the same boat.
I strongly advise against using any hormone to supplement them.

Some substances do block both yes

1 Like

You should hear my endocrinologist why don’t you contact him? It could give you Clomid and DHT in gel and see how it goes. But I wouldn’t trust any doctor or treatment because we don’t know more about our condition. It’s dangerous.

could you send me his contact information?

1 Like

Yes in PM

Good advice

Nothing is sure to be safe for us. If you do decide to try something and Looking at it from a “did it make me worse point of view” DHT has proven to be one of the safer options. Several do not get help from it but in my experience over the last nine years I do not see people getting worse from it. When I say worse I’m talking about worsening of symptoms that last after you stop taking it.

The AI is risky. Here is my opinion on AI’s and inhibiting estrogen with PFS. More people with PFS will not get worse from taking an AI than those who do. HOWEVER those PFS guys that do get worse from taking an AI get MUCH worse. For this reason combined with the fact that reducing estrogen alone has not cured anyone DO NOT TAKE AN AI.

I was on Clomid after my First PFS crash from Saw P before I even knew that I had PFS. My endo could not figure out what was wrong with me and why my hormones randomly went low. The clomid made My total and free testosterone levels go up over the labs reference range. No improvement in my symptoms

The endo said we’ll wait a second your estrogen levels with that rise of testosterone from the clomid also went over the labs reference range. So maybe you are not getting improvements because your estrogen is too high. He put me in armidex and within 6 days my shrinkage got twice as bad.

So In some PFS cases inhibiting estrogen is dangerous. There is something to this… and if we can figure out the mechanism behind why some PFS guys get worse from inhibiting estrogen and some don’t we can find markers that may pre determine who should not be taking what. This is my goal to try to help do this. It’s how I want to focus my contributions and efforts moving forward.

Here is an example of a theory and what I’m proposing:

I have low 3b-adiol from a 2014 lab test.
3b-Adiol binds to the estrogen receptor and activates it.

I get worse from inhibiting the actual production of estrogen.

Is there a connection? Possibly ? If we could establish a connection like this we would know that if you are a PFS guy with low 3b-adiol you do not want to inhibit estrogen.

This is where I’m Going with this. Patterns we need to find.

disclaimer:

This is theory not fact

2 Likes

Clomid in reality raises estrogen…

It can.

Clomid blocks the hormone estrogen from interacting with the pituitary gland. When estrogen interacts with the pituitary gland, less luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) are produced.

This leads to a decrease in testosterone and therefore decreased sperm production. Because Clomid blocks estrogen’s interaction with the pituitary gland, there’s an increase in LH, FSH, and testosterone in the body.

With the increase in testosterone comes the increase in estrogen

When My testosterone went over the labs reference range while on clomid so did my estrogen. We inhibited my actually Testosterone to estrogen conversion and got my estrogen right in the middle of the labs reference range while my total and free T were still above the labs reference range. I got worse . It shows I needed that extra estrogen with that extra testosterone. This is why we are all different and different cases are a factor

disclaimer:

this is theory not fact

1 Like

I really doubt all that post, PFS is PFS, caused by finasteride, or similars.

No. Talk to a guy who has PFS with soy protein.
I have PFS from Flavonoid Rutin-Quercetin.

It is becoming increasingly clear that everything that drastically lowers androgens can cause what we call „PFS“. That’s why we opened the forum to users who suffer from persistent side effects from SSRIs, Accutane, Saw Palmetto etc. to bridge the divide that originated from coining terms by the substance used.

One day the condition that we call „PFS“ will be called something else and this forum would already have a different name if it wasn’t for name recognition considerations.

So, please everyone do not exclude users, because they did not take Finasteride. „PFS“ has become an inadequate term for this condition, because the condition is not limited to Finasteride or 5 alpha reductase inhibitors.

2 Likes

This is generally where we are with this too.

Post Finasteride Syndrome is probably what we should be calling Post Drug Syndrome. However, with time it appears that the trigger can be non pharmaceutical and what we have is some sort of disruption of our hormonal systems. As with @joey10, we are starting to become aware of other triggers.

It’s probably not helpful at this stage to look for the differences, but instead to locate the similarities.

Whoops - didn’t see @Northern_Star’s reply.

2 Likes

Write to PFS-Endocrinologis Michael S. Irwig,
He can help you mirwig@mfa.gwu.edu

inhibiting estrogen is bad PERIOD. Ask any TRT user who takes an Aromatase Inhibitor. The symptoms of low and high estrogen are strikingly similar. Only thing is they stop taking the AI for the 2-3 weeks and their estrogen levels recover… Mine on the other hand have been low despite my T being in the normal range…

This is not the doctor from Milan that you were talking about?!

1 Like

Also he is good I have already contacted him.
Daniele Santi is not from Milan, he is from Reggio Emilia,
his email address is santi.daniele@gmail.com

But you should come to Italy.