Slight ball ache after stopped 2 weeks ago

I took finasteride 3 times. My final dose was 2 weeks ago. After I stopped, my symptoms went away, but now they seem to be getting worse.

My boners came back the initial week after quitting, but now it is difficult to get an erection.
I also noticed that there’s a very slight and subtle ball ache that happens once every night at around 10 PM. This ache just showed up a couple of days ago.
Does anyone know what’s going on?

Extremely common symptom, even for people without PFS. Usually occurs on the left side only but ‘should’ subside shortly if you’ve stopped taking fin, if it hasn’t gone away in a month or two consider getting checked for a varicocele.

I don’t believe my symptoms are improving.

Why am I still having symptoms after 16 days and with only 3 doses? I thought Finasteride had a short half-life.

Stay calm finasteride is an irreversible inhibitor meaning that the body actually has to regenerate the enzyme itself before 5-alpha action is restored.

Ok. How long does it take the enzyme to be restored?

I don’t actually know that much about the pharmacodynamics of finasteride, my doctor dropped that fact on me lol. A common line you’ll hear on this site is that if sides carry on for more than 3 months or so you may be in the PFS category.

Hoping you get better mate. Feel free to PM me if you want.

Thanks, but I’m having a tough time trusting doctors after this debacle. My doctor said that PFS is bullshit and that all sides go away within 48 hours.

I now have a new-found appreciation for insurance companies that get in the way between doctors and patients. Maybe insurance companies are needed to reign in the greed of doctors and hospitals.

New symptoms:

Can’t sleep for more than 2-3 hours at a time.

Hair is still shedding.

Scalp is still itching.

Day 18 since taking final pill.

Darn, this is depressing.

I will not sugar-coat things as I don’t believe in false hope. Sounds like you are developing pfs with the classic good weak and then crash (especially the insomnia part, leading me to belive) the best you can do now is stay away from and supplements/drugs and hoping for the best.

I hope you might recover significantly enough, so you will be left with some minor non debilitating symptoms.

I can’t believe this is happening to me. And with only 3 pills !?

In the suspectable people those pills are very dangerous unfortunately. There are also one pill and even a quarter of a pill stories. I do hope you will improve with time bro it is likely, most suffereres do. you don’t have mental sides so it is somewhat a good sign, time will tell.

Is having a high body temperature a symptom of PFS? I also noticed I have a fever, but no mucus or phlegm.

It may, but it may not. I don’t have any idea about this specific symptom, never saw someone mentioned this. But your body is going now through an epigenetic shitstorm so things happen in this time you cannot always correlate to the finasteride.

In few months you will probably hit some baseline and things will be much clear bro.

So today, my scalp itched a lot less and my hair doesn’t seem to shed.

What the hell is going on with me?

I think that is a bit heavy handed of you to say, first time i took finasteride i had the recovery and crash, took me about a month and a half to recover from short term use. I don’t think causing worry too early will be helping this guy out.

@WorriedGuy123 its early for you mate, best chance for recovery is to reduce stress to an absolute minimum for the next month or so. If things don’t improve in a few weeks to a month come back, even if you end up with PFS improvements over time are very much possible but you gotta understand that it’s a long process and patience is your best friend.

Thanks. I guess I just have to hope for the best.

I think my fever is now gone.

Now I need to see if I can sleep tonight.

So my sleep hasn’t improved.

And I noticed that my scalp starts itching whenever I try to go to sleep but never when I’m active. Why would this be?

My fever also returned.

So I took a dump today, and my stools were longer. I no longer have diarrhea or weak, small stools.

I’m still not sure what is happening with my body.

Half of day 19 update:

• My balls have not ached so far. Let’s hope it stays that way!

• Scalp not itchy, or at least it itches far less than before

• Hair hasn’t shed so far

• My poops seemed more “normal”. Not diarrhea or small, poop pellets.

• I masturbated last night, so I have no libido today.

Could my improving symptoms be due to taking tylenol? Some members noticed that they had temporary relief by taking Acetaminophen.