Serotonin Serotonin and Serotonin!

fin iso and ssri. I think a common point of 3 drugs is that they affect the serotonin system. Nothing has been changed by playing with hormones anyway. The connection of the serotonin system with sexuality is very clear. In my opinion, those who keep their mood high for 1 year will recover. Some claim recovery with meditation. I believe this is related to the improvement in the serotonin system. Let’s turn our research in this direction and share it under this title.

2 Likes

How does finasteride affect serotonin?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0365059620300970
last article about serotonin

Evidence??

1 Like

can you prove pfs? or have you seen someone who can prove that you want proof from me? If I could prove it, I would be talking about this issue in the world health organization, not here. time to go! time to research! time to read! time to using your brain! If your aim is to find evidence, you are in the wrong place. you must be in the lab. we know there are those who claim to have recovered from meditation. we are also talking about the claims naturally.

That’s a massive article mate , do you know where the exact serotonin and finasteride reference is in there?

you can try ctrl+f and write serotonin my friend.

" In the future, the measurement of dopamine and serotonin levels in individuals with PFS may elucidate many issues, since the pathways of these neurotransmitters can be altered in neurosteroidogenesis disorders, which in itself would affect sexual behavior in these patients.44

The possibility that epigenetic mechanisms may influence the occurrence of PFS is also discussed, as it appears to affect a limited number of individuals exposed to the drug.44 Giatti et al. even raised the hypothesis that PFS has mechanisms in common with post-selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor syndrome, given the wide range of similar symptoms in the two clinical entities"

1 Like

Interesting …well that would explain the “feeling like shit in general’ thing that seems to hang over us all , if serotonin and dopamine pathways are messed up. So serotonin boosters should improve symptoms ? Perhaps not SSRIs for the risk, but maybe TCA’s or St. John’s wort , inositol, 5htp etc

i dont know. but i know playing serotonin is dangerous

It is??..if we are lacking in it surely boosting our levels back up would be a good thing and give us a sense of well-being etc

I think there may be a system failure rather than a deficiency. if there is receptor damage, it may be at 5-ht receptors, not androgens

2 Likes

Ok…wow scary stuff eh

as far as serotonin increases, libido decreases

2 Likes

I think the mods of this forum would have figured it out by now, if the association between these 3 syndromes was infact serotonin.

1 Like

is there a way understand serotonin system ?

…might explain why some Fin users feel good with alcohol.
They are reporting increased neurosteroidogenesis for rats where allepregnanolone was inhibited with Finasteride…It is astonishing this poison is being prescribed as a medicine.

The levels are altered and it must mean they can even be elevated. Both too high dopamine and too high serotonin is really bad, so possibly we can get better with decreasing one of these or both rather than increasing them to balance the levels

1 Like

how to reduce ?

I concur that. I’ve previously been on high dose Dopamine precursors (Phenylalanine,Tyrosine, L-Dopa) and while the increased motivation alongside uptick in libido initially felt great, I still felt depressed and sometimes overly stimulated. Too much Serotonin, on the other hand, made me melllow and put me at ease. That said, there were times when I experienced a balanced state and boy did it feel heavenly good.

Manipulation of neurotransmitters with precursors is a risky business. It’s better to look for damaged mechanisms and fix them.

2 Likes

The opening post has been updated to emphasise that they are the opinions of the poster and the declarative statements edited. A reminder on theories and declarative statements

PFS is not yet conclusively understood and patients are in dramatically different conditions. Do not make definitive claims such as “PFS is this” or “Do this and it will cure you”. Instead, consider using language such as “I believe…” or “This has worked for me”. Please do not simply append “I believe” to a declarative post to evade this.

Contributions are most informative when they provide detailed accounts of personal experiences clearly separated from inferences or theories. If you want to hypothesise or speculate, please ensure that it is clear from your post that you are presenting your personal opinion and the basis for that opinion. Do not make declarative statements regarding the etiology of PFS, or assert things without significant and specific evidence. Take care not to present your thoughts in a way that could be taken as medical advice.

https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq#theories

2 Likes