Saw significant improvements of PFS after Paracetamol plus Buscopan

Since months I am tappering down from finasteride and experience pur hell.
Most problematic is severe insomnia other symptoms include: headache, mind fog, problems attention (especially space and movements), depression, flat non-existing emotions, loss of 14kg, stomach and belly pain, whole body twiches when falling asleep, breathing irregularities during sleep, oxygen saturation dips while being at sleep, nightly and daily burst of arousal (galvanic skin response), increased resting heart rate (especially when tappering to fast), absence of libido, problems with ejaculation, but painful unpleasant longlasting erections at night.

Lately I was taking paracetamol (acetaminophen) and buscopan (Hyoscine butylbromide, also known as scopolamine butylbromide) for a few days. I started to have still short (4-5h) but very recovering sleep. After a few days all mental symptoms where gone and I felt like a normal person.
Of course it’s not healthy to take the medication everyday so I stopped again and felt as bad as before.
It’s good to know that once in a while I can have “vacation” from PFS.
I am especially interested in the neuroendocrine effects that paracetamol seems to have.

I wanted to know if anyone noticed the same effect of paracetamol or buscopan?

1 Like

i noticed long time ago that paracetamol makes me very horny

1 Like

I too have noticed mild improvements from taking paracetamol.

1 Like

How do you know your Oxygen saturation level when sleeping?

Please note that paracetamol came up in a paper about risk assessment of chemicals with regard to male reproductive disorders. @Axolotl posted it here:

Notably, paracetamol but also aspirin and ibuprofen were mentioned. And, of course, Finasteride is in there, too. When you search for Ibuprofen you find some people here who reported temporary improvements as well. We see this a lot that people find some relief taking endocrine disruptive substances (mainly anti-androgenic substances). It fits in well with what we know and suspect about our condition. Unfortunately, disrupting our endocrine system is what caused this condition in the first place and there is always the danger to make this condition worse.

Please, everyone, be careful! And, please report your experiences on these drugs!

1 Like

okay good point but nobody can tell me that he is here from ibu or paracetamol in first place

1 Like

I was wearing a fitbit watch at night and compared the accuracy with clinically approved oxymeters.

Yes I noticed too a strong relief of symptoms after a few days taking paracetamol/acetaminophen, and the amazing thing is that this is the fourth year in a row that it happens in wintertime when I get the seasonal flu. Each time I took 500mg once or twice a day for three days and I felt normal for about five days. The best possible explanation that I found is in this article

It says that acetaminophen affects glutathione and cytokines, which are functional to regulate inflammation and mediate the neurosteorids. That reinforces my belief that PFS is related to the immune system, possibly an autoimmune dysfunction. weakened immune system alone may as well affect the condition, but I never experienced a temporary recovery without also taking paracetamol. I hope it helps. I would like to hear from other people taking it

1 Like

As nothernstar pointed out we have to be very careful, as we don’t know the long-term effects on us with our condition.

The main reason why I started this thread is, if someone has time we should look deeper into the pathways paracetamol/acetaminophen is involved in. This can help us to understand our broken pathways better.

I found these explanations, but also somewhat worrysome information. Paracetaol is playing around with neurosteroids and sexhormones:

“Paracetamol (acetaminophen; Tylenol) has been shown to act at SULT2A1 (and potentially as SULT2B1) as an inhibitor of neurosteroidogenesis.[20] Specifically, the production of sulfate-containing neurosteroids, such as DHEA-S and pregnenolone sulfate, were decreased in patients taking paracetamol.[20]”

“We identified a distinctive pattern of depletion of sulfated sex hormones with use of acetaminophen across all populations. We used a Mendelian randomization approach to characterize the role of Sulfotransferase Family 2A Member 1 (SULT2A1) as the site of the interaction. Although CYP3A7-CYP3A51P variants also modified levels of some sulfated sex hormones, only acetaminophen use phenocopied the effect of genetic variants of SULT2A1 . Overall, acetaminophen use, age, gender and SULT2A1 and CYP3A7-CYP3A51P genetic variants are key determinants of variation in levels of sulfated sex hormones in blood. The effect of taking acetaminophen on sulfated sex hormones was roughly equivalent to the effect of 35 years of aging.”

3 Likes

Logical if it is an Inflammatory condition it will help buy reducing inflammation every where in body, gut, prostate, brain… but in long term it will deplete glutathione and cause heavy harm to cells via oxidative damage. This can be tested by other means too, like very high dose vitamin D (300.000 ui) or high dose fish oil with flush niacin is also very anti inflammatory combination. If pfs relief continues with this combinations then we can say that there is a definite inflammatory component involved in pfs.

I definitely did not feel better from paracetamol. If anything it made me feel worse.

For me it was only the first times. And it was a combination of paracetamol plus buscopan. Maybe it was also the buscopan, I just felt more relaxed and could sleep better

There is surely an inflammatory component in PFS involved. One study looked at rat brains after giving and stopping finasteride. It caused neuroinflammation in several parts of the brain. This may be due to low allopregnanolone that is an antiinflammatory compound itself.

Paracetamol is NOT an anti-inflammatory agent. It doesn’t belong the group of NSAIDs like Aspirin, Ibuprofen or Diclofenac.
!=“It does not have significant anti-inflammatory activity.[21]”

As a doctor I can say, please don’t take 300.000 Units of Vitamin D. That can cause hypercalcemia which itself is associated with calcification of arteries, heart valves and heart infarct and shortened life span. Too much of a good thing, can be a bad thing!!
Also niacin supplemtation I wouldn’t recommend. There may be conditions where artificial vitamin B3 may help, but longitudinal studies have shown that Nician supplemtation is associated with shortened life span (but not if it comes from food).

If you want to try the effect of anti-inflammatory agents try turmeric, orgegano, hibiscus tea, dark berries, cocoa. But keep in mind that a lot of these natural anti-inflammatory agents have some inhibiting effect on 5ar - actualy most of healthy foods, which still doesn’t make sense to me, but that’s the way it is…

1 Like

Yes you are right if you take 300.000 vitamin d continuously it cloud kill you. what I wanted to say one time dose as a cox-2 inhibitor only for inflammatory testing.

As for niacin i meant short term testing yet it shortens life span if you take it with statins. otherwise 500 mg per day without statin decreases CVD events. Thank you for clarification I noticed that I missed details.

1 Like

I recently made another thread where I took diclofenac and misoprostol formulated together and felt incredibly better- I initially attributed my temporary recovery to the misoprostol as I’ve been subscribing to the gut angle on pfs. I got myself prescribed some misoprostol and tried it for several days to no effect. I think realized it’s probably the diclofenac (an NSAID). I also experienced mild recoveries with high doses of acetaminophen (1,000mg 2-3x per day).
I think there really might be something here. My improvement with diclofenac was incredible- to the point where my family commented and asked why I was so happy. My mood improved 100% for two days. Sexual sides also improved drastically (but not to 100%- probably closer to 80ish).
Shrinkage completely reversed, libido began returning, my excessive sweating almost stopped- it was incredible.

And your upgrades? 2022?

And your upgrades? 2022???

I can tell you my experience

I took diclofenac orally after an Operation and got Libido as I didnt experience the last years. Unfortunately the effects was short

How long did the effects last?

Diclofenac potassium? diclofenac sodium?