Sage Therapeutics Clinical trial of SAGE-217 (Zuranolone)

If this allo pill could abate a lot of my debilitating symptoms, while not exactly curing PFS then I could live with that. We need something in the foreseeable future that’s going to help a lot of us that’s been suffering for years. I still think the rat study is a good idea but isn’t that what this forum has basically been for the last decade or so? I can’t think of a treatment protocol that hasn’t been tried given what’s currently available to us.

4 Likes

I agree with you that something that would alleviate symptoms would be extremely valuable, life-saving!, even if it is not a cure. Allo won’t be that. Mark my word. I may try to argue why later. I do hope I am wrong but unfortunately I don’t think I am.

This forum has not been a study of any kind. A study gives you statistical results - even if something doesn’t work. What results do we have? Do we know that TRT doesn’t work, for example? I don’t think we know even that.

What mkes you think it won’t help? And I do agree on the test opinion

“allo won’t be that. mark my words”

so persuasive. now im definitely going to stop checking on Sage-217 updates LMAO

2 Likes

I believe the opposite of him

1 Like

i dont want to pay for a treatment seriously. but it is how it is …

I’d pay any number to help me at this point

2 Likes

i have all mental symptoms and none sexual, so at this point, there’s almost nothing he can theorize to keep me from watching sage-217

I wanna say lucky but none of us are as you know, but I think it will deff help libido as well as depression and brain fog

i guess the grass is always greener. Because if i had a choice, id trade my dick just to get my brain back until a cure is found

3 Likes

How are your brain symptoms ? I’ll think about the trade :wink:

2 Likes

I’d prefer my dick over brain, or at least I think I would, lol

1 Like

insomnia, 25% of normal cognitive ability, 90% emotional blunting, derealization

1 Like

same . i would trade all the mental symptoms i have for sexual. problem is i have both :joy::pensive: only no physical

1 Like

i dont think so. without brain you cant function and you cant study or earn good money. harsh reality. for a shitty hairloss drug. i should have sticked with minox and ket . and NO : i wouldnt have get pfs from these 2 topicals…

2 Likes

Hang in there man. Do what you can and don’t be overly harsh on yourself for not reaching 100% of what the “old you” could do. Whether that’s study at a slower pace, aim for less stressful job, etc. Think of this as a temporary setback.

If you stick the course, you’ll be able to pick up where you are in a couple of years with the help of sage-217.

5 Likes

zulresso/brexanolone got FDA approved.

http://www.ksla.com/2019/03/20/fda-approves-first-drug-treating-postpartum-depression/

this is the intravenous version. anyone able to try it? the oral one (SAGE217) might be approved by 2020/21 accorig to sages CEO

1 Like

It has to be administered 60 hours in a hospital setting. Furthermore, the estimated cost will be US$ 20,000-35,000 and since it’s a postpartum drugs for new mothers, it would never be covered under any drug plan for us guys.

Hopefully someone with enough disposable cash and an open-minded doctor will try and report back to the forums.

1 Like

Sorry for the second reply.

Sage-217 requires a third pivotal trial before it gets FDA approved (also known as study 302). If you check clinicaltrials.gov and search for sage-217, you’ll see that trial is expected to conclude by April 2021. I think this is the rate-limiting step for approving sage-217. Therefore, more likely that 2021/2022 would be when we can get our hands on sage-217.

how strong would sage217 be in terms of putting someone to sleep? strong as some z-drugs or benzos?