Sage Therapeutics Clinical trial of SAGE-217 (Zuranolone)

@axolotl @awor if the PFS Foundation is broadcasting this on their site, why didn’t they try to setup a special trial for PFS patients with the company, doctors and this medication? I just don’t get it… This would’ve been an excellent opportunity. Instead they are sending out emails that they now have a Spanish language website? WTF?

2 Likes

Maybe because PFS guys would be too small a group for them to profit from.

They did, Sage did not accept. Not everything that is desirable is possible.

5 Likes

Looks like an official generic name has been bestowed upon SAGE-217; Zuranolone.

This talk of the drug not being on the market until 2021 sucks.

3 Likes

which major symptoms of PFS would this drug be expected to resolve?

It would be nice if at least a doctor here with PFS would administer it to himself to see what the results are.

2 Likes

I wonder how much this medication will cost ?, Merk should to pay us for the treatment.

3 Likes

whichever ones that occur due to low Allo.

I assume a lot would be resolved if the drug works the way it claims

1 Like

Assuming that this is intended to be a mass-marketed treatment for depression, they will need to keep costs to the point where it is competetive with other anti-depressants.

Any other opinions on this matter? I’m not someone who has intimate knowledge of marketing, this is my 2 cents.

1 Like

I’m sure it’ll be very expensive. Especially in the US where drugs cost twice as much as anywhere else, basically, because Americans subsidize drug costs for the rest of the world. I guess the problem with generics is that they take the profit away from the developers of the drugs, so they have to recoup all the costs of development (which are Extremely high) in only a few short years before patent expires.

R&D is extremely expensive, but they more than recoup their losses. More is spent on marketing to doctors and patients.

The cry-babying to justify price gouging appears to be working.

Drug patents last 20 years, not a few, but you are certainly correct that the price will be grossly inflated in the US.

2 Likes

They’re in it for a profit - the bigger the better as far as shareholders are concerned. That being said, I suspect than most sufferers will be more than happy to fork out whatever it takes to get their wellbeing back.

2 Likes

So Zuranolone will be a one-off drug like the injections. It’s to be taken for two weeks like a course of antibiotics and that’s it. That’s really cool. Too bad I’m poor as shit. I’ll never be able to afford it.

Should we be buying $SAGE with leverage? Why can’t there be some billionaires out there with PFS? Maybe we should ask Donald Trump to help bring this to market.

Here’s an article on allopreg and tolerance:

1 Like

I’m guessing the greatest improvement would be with sleep and depression, with minor improvement in libido and ED (if related to low arousal).

I believe one key aspect will be getting insurance companies to cover it. Also, to the insurance companies, and probably most patients, it’s just nother AD to try and mechanism of action doesn’t matter as far as they see it.

That should prevent it from being prohibitively expensive compared to other ADs. Who knows though.

Is a few hundred dollars a month prohibitively expensive? …Certainly for some of us.

Does anyone think that sage will potentially alleviate brain fog???

I am holding out hope for this, but as a Canadian (or any non-American), how the hell would I get ahold of this once it comes out?

The neurosteroids that we lack play an important role in neurogenesis and learning, so I would think there’s a chance.

3 Likes

I’m sure Canada would also get this as well I’m not sure how the whole drug approval works over there though, I wasn’t aware that this would be a US only thing?

If it does get approved in my country, I think the approval process would take forever. I just don’t want to wait that long.