Sage Therapeutics Clinical trial of SAGE-217 (Zuranolone)

No, if we get lucky it would be a therapeutic at best, which should be nice either way

4 Likes

Sage won’t be a cure but can be a lifeline. I just really really hope it helps with libido.

6 Likes

I wonder if Sage paired with TRT would help us? Maybe TRT doesn’t work because are neurosteriods are so low? Sorry to sound like an idiot just an idea.

1 Like

Makes sense

1 Like

I wonder if the guys with PFS that got better with TRT must have had good enough levels of neurosteriods even after the crash and that’s why they responded and went back to normal afterwards?

Where’s the doctor who wanted to order allo? What was his name?
I’m thinking of ordering at medchemexpress but i need professional that is willed to infuse me.

It’s more like we lack all the neurosteroidogenesis now

@borax what would be the difference between sage and baclofen since the former is a gaba-a and the latter is a gaba-b drug?

a quick google search shows that gaba a hasa role in cognition and emotions. is this in contrast to gaba b?

Well you’ve basically answered your question there regarding the difference. One affects GABA-A and one affects GABA-B.

I don’t think science has a great understanding of the effects of GABA-B yet.

1 Like

I’m cautious regarding my optimism surrounding Sage. I don’t understand how Allopregnanolone would be different from a synthetic compound such as a benzodiazepene (besides which specific sub units they bind to) because they both essentially increase the action of GABA-A. I haven’t done a ton of research on the subject however, so if you’re interested, feel free to delve into the literature. The trial results so far look promising though.

1 Like

wasnt aware of the latter part.

thanks

From Wikipedia

Allopregnanolone possesses a wide variety of effects, including, in no particular order, antidepressant, anxiolytic, stress-reducing, rewarding,[9] prosocial,[10] antiaggressive,[11] prosexual,[10] sedative, pro-sleep,[12] cognitive, memory-impairment, analgesic,[13] anesthetic, anticonvulsant, neuroprotective, and neurogenic effects.[2] Fluctuations in the levels of allopregnanolone and the other neurosteroids seem to play an important role in the pathophysiology of mood, anxiety, premenstrual syndrome, catamenial epilepsy, and various other neuropsychiatric conditions.[14][15][16]

But i suggest to reach out the Melcangi literatures about allopregnenolone and other neuractive steroids compound.

So Sage would only provide temp relief and you would eventually build up a tolerance to it ? Seems like it would make things worse in the long term. Can anyone verify if this is true?

It kills me that not even one person here could possibly get their hands on some of this for a little trial? We have to sit limp-dicked for possibly two more years just to see if it’s useful at all?

I’d try it I’d be a guinea pig at this point the cost is fucking outrageous though!

2 Likes

1 more year i think. late 2020 or early 2021.

“rewarding”

thats the stuff that causes us to have blunted emotions?

I’m going to see if I’m eligible for a trial while I’m in the US for 3 months. However the closest trial is 6 hours away, and I’m Australian, so I’d say chances are slim.

Does the trial cost? If not, anyone who lives near one should sign up.

If it does, I’d be interested in kicking in a sum for someone else to trial.

That’s really the big question, right. Your guess is as good as mine. Comparing it to taking antibiotics implies its effects are at least persistent, I would think.

Has this been posted? I don’t know if it’s already too late, but here is how you can see if you can qualify to be in the study for SAGE-217: https://landscapedepressionstudies.com/