Sage Therapeutics Clinical trial of SAGE-217 (Zuranolone)

not to be meant superficial: but why does sages’ CEO look so burnt out? like hes suffering severe depression/ insomnia himself for years. can he please use his own drug ,look healthy and then selll it???

Does anyone know if any studies of PSSD patients also showed low Allo levels? Just curious if they are in the same boat with respect to Sage.

We don’t have studies yet but i assure you that this will be clarified from a Melcangi study in the very near future.

Which study?

1 Like

not to be meant superficial: but why does sages’ CEO look so burnt out? like hes suffering severe depression/ insomnia himself for years. can he please use his own drug ,look healthy and then selll it???

Who cares? Probably burnt out from being a CEO.

There’s no reason to believe an allopregnanolone drug will be a fountain of youth or that a pharma exec would use an experimental drug for no particular reason.

2 Likes

same reason why other healthy executives with normal allopregnanolone levels also look burnt out

My concern with this drug is that it’s a steroid. Test and DHT don’t work with PFS, so maybe this won’t either.

Either way it’s going to be out soon and I’ll be trying it

I wonder if the company who make the drug would consider giving out free samples to PFS patients ? to see if it works on us.

1 Like

My guess is sage might help kickstart something in the brain to respond to TRT, I believe lack of nuerosteriods might be the reason we don’t respond to hormone therapy.

I talked to a few guys that responded to TRT and it looks like they took dutasteride which gave them PFS. It might actually be true that dut protects against nuerosteriods to some degree hence the reason why guys like myself who took other 5ARi don’t seem to get better. Again just a guess.

people with PFS that have taken drugs that increase neurosteroids have responded well

kind of a bad comparison with neurosteroids to trt imo.

not everyone with pfs has low testosterone

almost everyone has nonexistent allopregnanolone

2 Likes

What do you mean? Melcangi is looking at PSSD patients?

Howis it possible that no one has tried SAGA-217… I know it’s expensive but it’s available (https://www.medchemexpress.com/SAGE-217.html) there has to be someone with enough money to buy this stuff and test it out… or even the foundation to sponsor it to maybe get someone this drug to see if it works.
And before you guys all come at me for asking this, I study, live with my mom and work 2 jobs to keep the house (which is not big) we are currently living in. So I’m very sorry but it’s not financially possible for me to pay this or to donate… All I can offer is my sad lifestory which even got worse after taking finasteride.

3 Likes

Well, that’s about 50,000 USD for one month’s worth.

4 Likes

50k is an insane price.

I wonder if someone had a knowledge of chemistry could they make the drug themselves ?

What’s the point? Even if we were to raise 50k to get one person to try it… if it generated positive results nobody else will be able to use it until it became readily available. If it didn’t generate positive results, then it would a mighty waste of money. In fact, it would be considered a waste of money even if it did work for one person.

1 Like

Guys, Sage stock just plunged. They failed to meet an endpoint

2 Likes

Does this mean the drug might never be released ?

Yes, I think the hope for Sage 217 is unfortunately gone.

“The drug missed its primary endpoint in the mountain trial, showing no benefit vs placebo in a depression rating scale at day 15.”

:weary::weary::weary::weary: this sucks

2 Likes

It could be good for us. If people weren’t always holding out hope for things that never materialize anyway, then maybe the biggest obstacle to our all getting together and actually making research happen for the first time in over a decade might finally happen, enabling a cure.

So far, this community has largely just sat around waiting for Baylor, waiting for Merck, waiting for someone else to give them something they feel they deserve. Eventually, we will have to recognize that the only way a cure will arrive is if we ourselves simply do whatever we can to make it happen. In other words, for all of us ourselves find any way possible to make research happen.

3 Likes