Sage Therapeutics Clinical trial of SAGE-217 (Zuranolone)

Guys how do we know this Sage drug can help us? Many other drugs just made us worse and worse. So why this one? I want to stay optimistic of course.

@lakehouse so you tracked them on every other forum and not just this one? Cuz it seemed like there were a more than a few people that had some success with it. I tried prep. Didn’t do jack except give me diarrhea.

1 Like

Yes I said “the people”. There were multiple on that place and another forum.

But go ahead and try it if you want, that’s just that conclusion I drew.

Prep didn’t work that well for me either, I was just using it as an example.

We don’t. It just a theory that replacing a neurosteroids we are low in will help us

People always think that somebody will gibe them the pill of the cure as easy as it sound.
Nobody will.
If you want to cure pfs, in my opinion, you have to try something on your own.

1 Like

Anyone know much about the timescales for getting a drug approved for UK markets? Zuranolone / Sage 217 doesn’t seem to be on the radar for UK.

1 Like

Sage 217 replenishes the neurosteroid allopregnanolone which is blocked by 5-AR inhibitors. Melcangi published a study showing a small group of PFS patients had undetectable levels of allo in their cerebral-spinal fluid so hopefully replenishment will be helpful to PFS patients. I am not sure how it would benefit accutane or SSRI sufferers but allopregnanolone supposedly regulates mood and sexual functioning. Theoretically it is promising but we’ll have to wait and see if it ends up working.

2 Likes

Yes replacing will surely alleviate the brain fog. SSRI completely cured my brain fog due to its known mechanism of Allopregnanolone upregulation. If this could provide a safer route I’m all for it.

Yes without a doubt

I am curious how it is metabolized? Would it affect liver?

You don’t know this as a fact.

1 Like

“Extra hepatic Non CYP pathways” means it won’t affect the liver great news, meaning one can take this for life without risk of liver injury

4 Likes

Ok…

1 Like

Sage is pretty safe according to the trial results. Upgrade over the benzos.

Curious which ssri did you take that boosted allo?

And your brain fog is 100% gone? Did you have emotional blunting ever?

Zoloft, but I still have fog when I get off the zoloft, I take smallest dose possible. Yes emotional blunting, cognitive impairment, extreme anxiety etc.

Did it alleviate the blunting too?

This must be the most promising thing I’ve seen so far I hope it doesn’t take too long.

And zoloft doesn’t help with emotional blunting?

Another user uses baclofen here, says it helps with emotional blunting. It helped with cognitive but doesn’t work like it originally did for him.

At 25mg yes I feel emotionally rounded

2 Likes

Lol this makes me anxious for sage now

Knock out brain fog, blunting, and insomnia would be a prayer answered

2 Likes