Safe Oils for Dry Skin?

What are the best “safe” (non anti-androgenic) oils you have found for topical use to combat the hellish dry skin?

I’ve been using coconut oil, but it doesn’t absorb too well.

Thoughts on Jojoba oil or Argan oil? Shea butter?

Looking to fight dry skin and the associated aging/wrinkles

Mineral oil?

I think coconut oil might be something you don’t want to mess with.

https://www.hairloss-research.org/UpdateCoconutOil8-09.html

And I have been using that as lube for the past couple years too. Great.

Any oils that are safe, or relatively safe, that you know of?

I’ve tried so many over the years, body shop body butter is the best with no issues parabins etc. To note it will help with dryness and nothing else the ageing is coming from the breakdown of collagen, loss of subcontaneous fata nd nothing to do with the surface. For many the loss is not extensive, ongoing. NB coconut is bad news. Best of luck.

1 Like

I use small amounts of olive oil. Yep - the stuff used for cooking. You can sometimes find it packaged in a cosmetic-style bottle in the skincare aisle if using the cookery stuff bothers you.

Watch out for endocrine disruptors in many standard moisturisers.

I have tried a few different “moisturizers” and they all seem to be counter-intuitive.

Often when you read the label they are filled with stuff that is probably anti androgen or allergens.

So I was thinking, what do our bodies produce to moisturize our skin? The answer is tallow!

So I got some grass fed, organic beef tallow moisturizer. And it’s working wonders for my skin! I look so much better when I use a small amount on my face and hands, plus it doesn’t give me any sides.

It’s 95% tallow and 5% olive oil to make it a little more soft. Nothing else.

If anyone else having dry skin issues and can’t handle “normal” creams (filled with mostly shit, even the expensive ones) try to find a tallow based cream. It’s been a life safer for my skin.

3 Likes

I’m not joking when I say this, do you smell of beef?

3 Likes

Haha not quite! The smell is very neutral, but it does have a slight odor of cow (if you know how a cow smells). You would have to be really close to me to able to tell, and I guess only when freshly applied.

There is also ones with some parfume but parfume is often slightly anti androgenic / endocrine disruptive so I opted for the safest option.

1 Like

I use eucerin ultra sensitive. It has zero alchohol and parabens, i think is safe for us