Questions about xenoestrogens

so, looks like cd nuts said it all. in his protocol he already says to not use xenoestrogens.
My question is: do you think that topical estrogens, in little dosages, might be armful?

about the first study, why is it dated “september 2018”?

uh, another question. i see many guys using progesterone as a treatment. i wonder if we can consider progesterone a xenoestrogen and an endocrine diruptor…

You can’t really “use” xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are compounds found in small quantities in our daily lives that bind to ERα & ERβ and activate estrogen response elements on target genes. This can induce unwanted side effects and governmental agencies warn people about the several cardiovascular and carcinogenic side effects they may have on the population in general.

It’s an absolute no brainer that you’d want to avoid BPA or things that contain xenoestrogens as it can alter other hormone levels and induce unwanted side effects.

I don’t think CDnuts saying to avoid xenoestrogens has any precedence here and is basically like saying avoid cigarette smoking for general well being.

Regarding your question, if you have PFS, yeah applying topical estrogen can be a bad idea for several reasons. Whats your rationale behind wanting to do that?

1 Like

Take the CD off of nuts and you got it…

1 Like

i have a thing called low local estrone ipotrichia, which means, my dermatologist says, that my hair get thin because of a lack of fullicular estrone. i apply a lotion which contains estrone. also, i have seborrheic dermatitis, that’s why i apply, once a week, hydrocortisone butyrrate. he claims that everything acts locally…

guys, about xenoestrogens, i think that a complete list of what to avoid would be useful for everyone

hi sonic. As @gents93 mentioned “xenoestrogens” are compounds from external sources (hence “xeno”) capable of estrogen imitation. These are extremely numerous and will occur in the diet and many other sources in daily life. @awor is referring to compounds that have a sharp and significant effect, particularly in terms of receptor antagonism or ligand depletion via means such as enzyme inhibition. I’ve therefore moved these posts out of the topic on the broader picture.

I personally do not think xenoestrogens are of any particular relevance to our situation but if you choose to make specific effort in avoiding these I would consider going through the products you personally own and foods you eat and checking ingredients, then cutting out as appropriate. A comprehensive list is not feasible due to their prevalence. This from the wikipedia awor linked on endocrine disruptors:

The variety of terms used to describe these substances reflects not only a range of meanings but a range of connotations, with endocrine disruptor emphasizing harmful effects, while hormonally active agent or xenohormone are more neutral, in keeping with the pharmacological principle the dose makes the poison.

In regards to progesterone, this is a distinct endogenous steroid hormone, not a xenoestrogen.

2 Likes

thank you very much for the answer axolotl.
why do you think xenoestrogens don’t have a particular relevance to our situation?

btw i’m gonna make an open list of the most “common” xenoestrogens to avoid.