Question about sound processing disorder related to AR overexpression

That would be a hint that your glitches may be PFS-related. Many people here experience chang ein symptoms from orgasms. May Iask what food causes your glitches to worsen? It would be interesting to check whether they have anti-androgenetic properties.

Hi Northern star,

Anything high in carbs, dairy, sugar/fructose, the classic foods people mention, I believe.

I’m on a high protein diet now (fish, chicken/ steamed vegetables) and it has given me relief, but the glitches persist, especially the one related to hearing.

I wonder if these glitches are a result of dysfunctional neurotransmitters? That’s the only thing that come to mind.

I’ve been reading that some people get good “mental” results from the use of amino acids, like L-Tyrosine. Do you guys think there is a bad reaction risk if I take any of those amino acids?

Should one have any specific tests taken before trying amino acids?

Oh, one thing I have noticed the last month or so is that my semen has gotten less watery than before, thicker/milkier so to speak, reminds me of the pre-Fin days.
I have been on a very low carb/sugar diet for the last month, so surely there must be some connection there?

I had a colon cleanse last night due to a medical check-up and the glitches we talked about subsided a lot.

Any theories on how this might be connected to AR over-expression/5ar/androgens?

Dubya, another question: Does the silencing of the AR lead to inhibition of 5ar?

Are the glitches still gone? What did the cleanse entail?

Do you think there is any chance that the body can correct itself naturally or do you think that is impossible? Do we need to do things that reduce/refresh the AR?

Hi.

The glitches are now back, but not as bad as before the cleanse.

I used something called Klyx, it’s an enema.

Also, during the last week or so, I’ve noticed that my penis has become thicker and longer, both in erect and non-erect state.

I’ve added L-Glutamine to my supplements during the last two weeks, could that be the reason?

I am currently taking zinc, B-Vitamin, D-vitamin, C-Vitamin and Magnesium supplements as well.

The foods that make my glitches worsen are the ones that people here often mention:

foods high in carbs, sugar, fructose, lactose and gluten.

I basically eat cooked meat, fish, chicken, together with steamed vegetables, and sometimes some eggs and Kefir. The only fruit I can tolerate is pomegranate, which actually makes me feel better. (Maybe due to its anti-oxidant properties?)

1 Like

So what all are you doing these days? Basically low carb diet and vitamins/supplements? Which vitamins/supplements? I saw you mentioned zinc, B, D, C and magnesium. Anything else?

What’s the consensus on zinc? I’ve heard mixed things on here. I wanted to start taking magnesium so I got a supplement that combined zinc, mg, and calcium but if everyone is anti-zinc now I’ll switch to just a magnesium supplement

I’m under the impression that it can cause problems for some people but that some people supplement it without issue and think it does them some good.

Lots of people here take a multivitamin, most of which contain zinc to some degree.

If you’re thinking about supplementing, I’d suggest you do some reading, especially if you’re looking at higher amounts.

1 Like

Did you have someone give you the enema ?

It’s very probable. There’s evidence of 5ar-I transcriptional activity being negatively regulated by androgens, and of 5ar-II enzymatic activity being increased by androgens.

Whether the effect on a particular 5ar enzyme would be lost due to signal silencing, or more pronounced due to possible AR over expression, I cannot say.

1 Like

Correct, those are the supplements/diet I follow + L-Glutamine for now.

I am thinking of taking L-Tyrosine as well.

No, I took it myself.

Still feeling any benefits ?

Yeah, I am.

I still have glitches but they now come and go, today I don’t have them, yesterday I did.

I used to have them constantly every day and every waking hour for three years.

Thinking of doing another enema to confirm that it has an impact.

Sorry, must have missed this post. I have not noticed any difference for me with regard to high/low carb diet. But I know that other people have reported the same.

Glad you are doing better. Good luck!

Just a short update that could be useful:

It is almost exactly one year since I quit Fin: I’ve noticed that my hair is looking thinner and is falling out, did that happen to you within a year after quitting Fin?
Should one take it as a good sign?

Also, as I have mentioned, my semen has been looking much thicker the last month or so.

I did another enema as I said, and it had a good impact again, sleep has been much deeper and more harmonic the last few days.

2 Likes