Question about sound processing disorder related to AR overexpression

Hi Dubya,

I wanted to ask you a question since you seem to have insight into PFS.

I was on Fin for 9 years and developed some kind of sound processing disorder which is not a hearing issue since my ears have been checked neurologically and they are perfectly fine.

The doctors I have spoken to believe it has to do with how the brain processes sound coming from the ear.

If you would give it a think, do you believe this sound processing disorder could be linked to over-expression of the androgen-receptor or something else caused by fin?

My hearing does get even worse after masturbation/sex and intake of certain foods.

Thanks a lot in advance for your view on this.

Hi Capello - could you describe further what you experience when you say “sound processing disorder”. I often describe my mental symptoms as a problem with processing incoming information - but it’s all incoming information, not just sound, and it causes a kind of nervous glitch in my consciousness that leads to a constant state of over-arousal. Does your problem with sound processing create an anxious state?

Hi Johnnie, how are you doing?

The sound processing disorder I experience is like a feeling of mental short-circuit/exhaustion when taking in sounds, actually words to be more precise.
Glitch is a good definition of how my brain reacts to different soundscapes.
Like if there is spoken info coming to me kind of fast it triggers the glitch and I feel my brain can’t take it and it switches off the word deciphering process so i can’t hear complete sentences, for example.

Also this glitch is triggered when my brain tries to make out what is said when there is competing background noise or when people speak at the same time or when the sound quality is not clear (over the phone or television).

As for glitches for others kinds of incoming information I definitely have that too in different kinds of everyday situations, multitasking, for example, trying to write something and talking to someone at the same time puts me in that state of over-arousal and switches on some neurological mechanism that feels like heavy mental overwhelming and dysfunction.

And all this, yes, as you asked, creates a lot of anxiety repeatedly on a daily basis.

Doctors, of course, have told me I am “stressed out”, but I can tell from the dubious way they affirm this that they really don’t believe stress is the root cause in my case, and neither do I.

The thing is, all these glitches get even worse when I eat the wrong kinds of foods and/or experience sexual arousal/ejaculation.

That would be a hint that your glitches may be PFS-related. Many people here experience chang ein symptoms from orgasms. May Iask what food causes your glitches to worsen? It would be interesting to check whether they have anti-androgenetic properties.

Hi Northern star,

Anything high in carbs, dairy, sugar/fructose, the classic foods people mention, I believe.

I’m on a high protein diet now (fish, chicken/ steamed vegetables) and it has given me relief, but the glitches persist, especially the one related to hearing.

I wonder if these glitches are a result of dysfunctional neurotransmitters? That’s the only thing that come to mind.

I’ve been reading that some people get good “mental” results from the use of amino acids, like L-Tyrosine. Do you guys think there is a bad reaction risk if I take any of those amino acids?

Should one have any specific tests taken before trying amino acids?

Oh, one thing I have noticed the last month or so is that my semen has gotten less watery than before, thicker/milkier so to speak, reminds me of the pre-Fin days.
I have been on a very low carb/sugar diet for the last month, so surely there must be some connection there?

I had a colon cleanse last night due to a medical check-up and the glitches we talked about subsided a lot.

Any theories on how this might be connected to AR over-expression/5ar/androgens?

Dubya, another question: Does the silencing of the AR lead to inhibition of 5ar?

Are the glitches still gone? What did the cleanse entail?

Do you think there is any chance that the body can correct itself naturally or do you think that is impossible? Do we need to do things that reduce/refresh the AR?

Hi.

The glitches are now back, but not as bad as before the cleanse.

I used something called Klyx, it’s an enema.

Also, during the last week or so, I’ve noticed that my penis has become thicker and longer, both in erect and non-erect state.

I’ve added L-Glutamine to my supplements during the last two weeks, could that be the reason?

I am currently taking zinc, B-Vitamin, D-vitamin, C-Vitamin and Magnesium supplements as well.

The foods that make my glitches worsen are the ones that people here often mention:

foods high in carbs, sugar, fructose, lactose and gluten.

I basically eat cooked meat, fish, chicken, together with steamed vegetables, and sometimes some eggs and Kefir. The only fruit I can tolerate is pomegranate, which actually makes me feel better. (Maybe due to its anti-oxidant properties?)

1 Like

So what all are you doing these days? Basically low carb diet and vitamins/supplements? Which vitamins/supplements? I saw you mentioned zinc, B, D, C and magnesium. Anything else?

What’s the consensus on zinc? I’ve heard mixed things on here. I wanted to start taking magnesium so I got a supplement that combined zinc, mg, and calcium but if everyone is anti-zinc now I’ll switch to just a magnesium supplement

I’m under the impression that it can cause problems for some people but that some people supplement it without issue and think it does them some good.

Lots of people here take a multivitamin, most of which contain zinc to some degree.

If you’re thinking about supplementing, I’d suggest you do some reading, especially if you’re looking at higher amounts.

1 Like

Did you have someone give you the enema ?

It’s very probable. There’s evidence of 5ar-I transcriptional activity being negatively regulated by androgens, and of 5ar-II enzymatic activity being increased by androgens.

Whether the effect on a particular 5ar enzyme would be lost due to signal silencing, or more pronounced due to possible AR over expression, I cannot say.

1 Like

Correct, those are the supplements/diet I follow + L-Glutamine for now.

I am thinking of taking L-Tyrosine as well.

No, I took it myself.