PSSD Recovery from Urecholine (bethanechol)

So anyone tried this yet ?

1 Like

Many people on the PSSD forum tried it. Only one had succes (Zolofthater420) but he also took shrooms and MDMA in that period so we don’t really know what caused him his improvements. He is like 90% cured

5 Likes

I never actually tried it, but it still seems promising. Not too many side effects either. It targets the bladder it seems, but it work towards awakening something down there.

Anyone now its mechanism of function? How does this stuff actually do its job, might give us some insight in how it affects ED.

1 Like

Doubt it would work for most of us I have severe shrinkage/numbness, I think it worked for the people who tried it because they might have been minor compared to those with severe cases.

It also states the person did not have loss of libido which I know most of us do.

The original claimant of recovery from Bethanechol on the PSSD forum later admitted to fabricating a fraudulent story to see if others would serve as a guinea pig for the drug since he didn’t have access to it in his country.

Then the second person to claim significant improvements from it went silent after the first one came out as a liar.

I think saying it worked for anyone is wishful thinking.

5 Likes

So messed up how one can make a story up like this to potentially have someone else suffer even more!

2 Likes

The second person is real. I have his phone number. But he didn’t like to visit the forum anymore. Also note that he isn’t 100% cured and only had pssd for like 5 months in that time. I believe him

2 Likes

It’s more likely he recovered naturally in the case that he was only 5 months into this condition. Only say that because I didn’t notice anyone else mention benefits out of several who said they took it. I have also spoken with a few Accutane patients over the years who attributed their recoveries to things that worked for no one else.

1 Like

What is that about? Why wouldn’t he share the positive news?

He has already talked about his improvements. I think he wanted to relax after a while and not think about this hell anymore. I don’t blame him. If I were to recover, I would immediately tell it, but then I would leave, I would go back to enjoying life and try not to think about this horrible period anymore.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I am new to the forum
I was on Sertraline (Zoloft) for 5 days before finding out about the persistent side effects
I stopped taking it and have regained my libido, but not the sensitivity.
the reason why I am thinking of this medicine (bethanechol) as a potential cure if the problem does not get resolved is becuase I’ve noticed that urinay incontinence has also been troubling me at some point.
I haven’t taken the medicine for too long, which makes me hesitant to try any other drug before waiting. I am a pharmacy student who was deeply traumatized by this whole experience. I am haunted by how delusional and unsupportive doctors and pharmacists can be. Therefore, I have made a sincere vow to spread awareness about this condition and be involved in research as much as I can.

please keep this thread alive! has anyone tried bethanechol for treatment yet?

1 Like

I think everyone wants to believe there is some pill out there that they could pop to undo all the damage for an earlier pill they popped. However, after over ten years of doing that with zero positive outcomes the community eventually runs out of pills to try. If there was a miracle pill then someone would have found it by now.

1 Like

That guy who claimed that got cured from using bethanechol was lying. He also had 2 accounts on pssdforum, as someone suspected here. It was a scam.

1 Like

So, the second recovery was the same guy telling fibs under a different account, meaning there were 0 legitimate recoveries out of 2 supposed recoveries from bethanechol?

1 Like

That’s correct. He later acknowledged that he lied. He saw some potential in bethanechol and lied to encourage other people to try it first and see if it works without taking the risk himself.

We need to be careful with ppl who claim that they recover after using experimental treatments.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up.

1 Like

What is the status of the PSSD forum these days, anyway? I see the web site is down as it has been at least intermittently for months.

2 Likes

It’s up again - pssdforum.org - they changed it from com to org.

I still see more and more members joining, pretty similar pattern of a few new ones every week, as it was before. There is a new moderator who claims to be a pharmacist. He basically said that he had left his full time job to study pssd 8 hours a day and asked people from pssd forum to sponsor him on discord (he says he receive about $400 a months - over 100 folks pay him) - it also looks like a scam. He also claims to be starting a research on PSSD at the university where he studied before. He did not state which university and did not show his education certificates to anyone else apart from admins, and other moderators of that site.

I really want to believe that this is all truth, but we need to see good proof of who he is, his university and acknowledgment from someone like Prof. David Healy.

What do you think ?

I don’t know. I don’t have the time or heart anymore to follow all the crazy stuff that never produces any results surrounding these things. As long as no one gets a serious grant to start some serious research on our problem I’m about done with following things and will even slot the whole community in my personal nut jobs category, even as much as I am convinced I have the thing too. If no one in the community can get behind anything other than googling more pills to pop and ingesting herbs then none of this is going anywhere and it’s just an impotent bitchfest without any future.