PROSTATE ULTRASOUNDS and 3-ADIOL-G TESTS NEEDED FOR UNIVERSITY STUDY

Hello everyone

for those of you who had the chance to get tested for post finasteride prostate problems through ultrasounds that depict degree of inflammation i would like to ask for your tests to be posted here. I am interested in both ultrasounds and 3-adiol-g (androstanediol-glucuronide readings).

If one has only one of two it doesn’t matter please come forward and post.

There is interest for a next phase of researching by a US university concentrated on the prostate and the role of androstanediol-glucuronide and i hope we will all help make this happen.

Thanks

PM’s should be sent out to guys that went to Greece just in case they don’t see this

I just have Androstanediol-gluc results: 4.24 ng/mL (3.4-22) before taking any TRT

I’ve had multiple 3-adiol g tests done but no prostate. You can see them in my bloodwork thread. Would post here but I’m on a mobile device. Maybe someone else can copy and paste here?

3-Adiol-G Range 340-2200 ng/dL 1691

Ive collected already adiol-g readings from the section in the forum
Ultrasounds, there are people who have done them in other places too, not only in Greece, and dr. G doesnt give them out without patient consent ive contacted him twice.

you can send ultrasounds to my email
pvoulgaris@yahoo.com

Still in need of ultrasounds from prostates.
Anyone that has done showing inflammation pls send over to my mail.
There is more and more people here in Greece stating problems in different hairloss forums in their prostates mostly post-fin.

Research has to be pointed towards that direction sooner or later if we need solid results.

*low 3-adiol-g measurments
*post-fin prostate inflammation

are key findings with a pattern in most patients

there are doctors and medical institutes interested in that, don’t hesitate

I don’t have an ultrasound, but I have a CT scan that I can send. I have about 5 stones in my prostate (I’m 29) which is almost certainly the result of long term prostate inflammation.

Do send this as well it maybe taken into account. The goal is to prove that pre-finasteride healthy prostates have been damaged in any way. It is a very common condition amongst most of us

3 adiol G: 0,59ng/mL (range 3,4 - 22ng/mL)

Did recently a prostate ultrasound, but not transrectal. So, not sure if it helps. The results didn’t show anything unusual.

prostate theory is a dead horse.

Do you want an ultrasound picture? You can’t detect an inflammation from a picture. Wtf!?

Please I would like to understand your point of view.

Anyhow, I had a transrectal ultrasound, unfortunately the urologist didn’t write down the dimensions. He just said it is of modest dimensions. I have the pictures, the printer was ending the ink so the photos are awful. But maybe they can be of interest.

androstenediol glucoronide (RIA)
9.10 ng/ml range 3.4-22

I’m not a severe case compared to others: a better description here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2763&start=180

What’s not to understand? You took an anti-androgen and like the rest of us you are likely not responding to androgens anymore to some degree. Prostate being of “modest” size isn’t surprising.

If you mean you don’t understand why the prostitius theory is dead you can review the 90 odd pages of that thread and draw your own conclusions.

Exactly I would like to understand why the prostate thing is a dead theory. I am not sure I don’t respond to androgens honestly. When I took DHT gel for gyne, my erections got strong, althought a bit unnatural. That faded away when I suspended and I started having LUTS and clear prostatitis symptoms. You know the forum is big, I read the most I can. I couldn’t find the thread you mention… can you gently provide me the link? than you

Actually sorry…I don’t see that thread so it may have been deleted. It was before you joined the group. The prostate has zero to do with causing PFS. It doesn’t cause low vit D level, low 3 adiol G, etc. Several guys went to a doc in Greece to have this prostitius “treatment” which turned out to be a scam and some came back worse off. No need at all to discuss it any further. If you read the research section you will note that the researchers involved have a general idea of where the problem lies. All you need to do is look at the list of upcoming research projects to get the idea of where they are heading. pfsfoundation.org/research/

No problem. I don’t know Boston. There’s something strange with my prostate. As I said many times around, I went with complete ED after an urologist fingered my prostate, and this is only mechanical and local stimulation. Before that, I normally could keep decent erections. Also my vitD and 3adiolG are fairly normal (as I said I am probably doing a bit better than many others here). In my case, I think the prostate is ONE OF the culprits of the condition. Though I am not surprised that no one can cure it. Normal chronic prostatitis are VERY hard to treat, if not impossible. And this one is not a usual prostatitis at all. If you have the time, just to do me a favor, I would like your opinion on this one
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7625
This MD, PhD says that in estrogenic environment (which was absolutely my condition during fin treatment) the prostate turns fibrous. And if this is the case, you won’t cure it in any way. Only time can cure it if you’re lucky, or fasting probably.
I know where the reasearch is going and I am sure they’re on the right track and with very good evidences arising: however I think that the condition of some of us cannot be related to a single cause. I think that the prostate issue will have to be reasearched better if we don’t get out of pfs by treating the neurological problem. The prostate is really an important organ and it gets massacred by finasteride, this should be enough considering many are afflicted by prostatitis problems.

I think I read some time ago that thread about the greek doctor, but couldn’t get nothing useful out of it also because all the messages of solonjk were deleted If I remember correct. As I said anyhow, I am not surprised, it is about impossible, in my opinion, to cure a fibrous prostate (if this is the case) with drugs, supplements and massages. Maybe serrapeptase or similar but it would require massive dosages…

Not just prostate but many other health issues have been caused by Fin.Prostate is not the root cause. Even if you get transplanted brand new, zero meter prostate you will still suffer the same. The reason I am saying this is because women/trans sexuals who used Fin or saw palmetto are suffering just like us,where is prostate in their case?

The fact is I don’t think there is only one root cause. Just to keep it simple, there are pfs sufferers that only have ED and/or prostate/urinary problems for example. Others only have neurological problems, like twitches, anxiety, etc. Others have both.
This doesn’t prove there is not one single root cause, but it definitely warrants scientific investigation, whether we aknowledged that treating the neurological problem doesn’t convey to a complete resolution of all problems. What I have seen in this forum is that members usually are able to cure only some aspects of pfs, once at a time. This also is indicative. I wouldn’t make the matters simpler than what they can be, only because we would like it to be so.

Women do not have ED obviously, and transexuals do have a prostate (I imagine)? I understand women might have sexual problems because of other drugs, but do we have a statistical “evidence” that women who took finasteride end up with sexual dysfunctions and if this is the case, are we sure that the effect of finasteride on women can be compared to that on men? I surely understand the prostate is not the root cause of everything but it MIGHT have it’s important effects. The prostatic tissue is not like clay and severe mofications to the prostate are likely and documentable. The fact that no one is able to cure it, doesn’t necessarly mean that it isn’t curable because of another factor. I think it is postive this university is trying to document this.

No offense but I really don’t have the time or interest to get into it. If you feel as though you don’t suffer from PFS then continue on with urologists until they can ID your problem. The multiple institutions involved now through the PFS foundation have considered all these issues you bring up. So, unless we want to continue to believe we know more than the collective opinions of dozens of scientists across multiple institutions we should continue down the road we’ve started on. Anyway, this thread is almost a year old and it would seem this potential study is dead due to funding, they learned from other findings they were investigating the wrong area, etc.

On a side note there have been studies showing the regrowth of prostate tissue in rat models after Fin and regenerative medicine is improving all the time.