PropeciaHelp's only Coronavirus Vaccine topic. Read before posting

Update, to my huge basic problems with PFS since 6 April 2021 l have felt an increased fatuige since my second Pfizer BionTec Vaccination on 30 Aug 2021. It’s three months now.

Looks like I’m the first isotretinoin guy to report my vaccine sides here.
I was vaccinated with the first dose of Pfizer (I’m getting my second shot soon). I didn’t even feel the needle and didn’t notice any side effects that day, not even a sore arm. However, the next day I felt some pain in my arm and got some fever in the evening. The body temperature was pretty high, but there was no headache or nausea. The day after I felt a bit weaker than usual, but mostly fine. Also I had cold sweat several nights after the vaccination. And probably some palpitations, but that could be just false impression. One more weird side effect I experienced was unnaturally bright ring of reddening around my glans that I noticed in the morning after my vaccination. There was no itching or pain or whatever else. And no rash anywhere else too. It disappeared gradually in two days without any treatment (except some oral antihistamine). Never experienced anything like that before.

1 Like

I second Ultra on this one,

I too have PAS from isotretinoin and got my first Pfizer vaccine more than 3 weeks ago. Had put it off for a while due to the obvious bad experience I had with medications in the past. But I bit the bullet and went to get it done due to my need to travel around christmas time. I cannot report any adverse effects other than a stuffy nose for a few days and a sore arm. Other than that it hasn’t hindered my recovery at all, I’m still getting better and I would recommend everybody to get the vaccine if that is what you desire. Not all medicine is equal and what we experienced with Finasteride and Isotretinoin is very rare. Don’t let one bad experience cloud your thinking.

2 Likes

Holy shit, Omicron.

At least one sample of Omicron has acquired the Delta spike protein mutation P618R. Its 4.5x the Rt value of Delta despite mitigations.

Any good movies to watch at theatres before Omicron takes over the world?

2 Likes

Well, that was to be expected.

As for the movies… I’m curious abot the new Ghostbusters, but tbh I don’t expect much.

Got my third shot yesterday.

In keeping with The Ghostbusters mention above, I have “crossed the streams” and have had Astra Zenica and now Pfizer’s vaccine too.

Arm is sore, tired. Nothing else remarkable.

My biggest complaint is that 3 vaccinations down and I’ve got no stickers.

3 Likes

I got my booster shot from Pfizer a week ago (a week after getting the Flu shot). Nothing remarkable happened. My arm was barely sore, I actually forgot I got the shot.

My first two COVID-19 vaccinations were Moderna.

Only complaint is that I lost my vaccination card and don’t have my third sticker.

1 Like

Matrix Resurrection and Spider-Man: No Way Home

1 Like

Very cold of you to mention that you got 2 stickers. :cry:

2 Likes

Would like to see the new Matrix but though I wear a mask in public, I’m not keen on watching a movie wearing one, which is the rule now here in the UK. Bummer.

1 Like

Had Pfizer booster today. Nothing to report so far, just a dead arm. Worse than last time but nothing concerning.

1 Like

Had my booster Monday last week. After two Pfizer doses, it was Moderna this time. Had a bit of a sore arm for the first day and felt a bit off the day after, but that went away quickly.

Movie was not the best. Would not recommend.

1 Like

So the biggest thing I’ve had from the booster is extreme lethargy the next day. I am very very tired and just feel like sleeping.

Got my first dose of Pfizer Yesterday. For a moment only diarrhea, tiredness and sore arm. I was late for this vaccination due to bad experiences with drugs.

Got my second Pfizer about two months ago. The second shot hit me a bit harder than the first one(fever plus headache for the whole next day). But otherwise OK. I was also concerned about possible cardiac side effects, so I got heart ultrasound + ECG later. Ultrasound result looked the same as the one I had at 18. It seems I didn’t get any direct long-lasting side effects.

You were not kidding. I don’t know what I expected, but it was a bad movie.

Has anyone here gotten the new bivalent covid vaccine? I’d be interested to hear from anyone who has. I’d also like to hear from those who have already commented in this thread to see if they still think the vaccine was harmless as far as PFS symptoms go.

When I first crashed from PFS, it was a few weeks after a covid vaccine booster. I think it was likely just a coincidence because it was also a month or two after I stopped topical finasteride, but of course I can’t be 100% sure. Since my first crash I have made huge strides in my recovery. Where I was sleeping 0-3 hours a night, it is now 6-8, erections and semen are back to normal, anxiety attacks are gone, etc. etc. Now the bivalent vaccine is out and I am apprehensive about getting it because of what happened last time I got a booster and because I don’t want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery. At the same time I also worry about getting covid (I still have never had it) and especially long covid, which has a very high chance of causing sleep problems. So anyway, I’d love to hear from you, especially if you have also been experiencing a recovery and you got the new bivalent vaccine.

Haven’t had the bivalent vaccine but had three doses of Pfizer/Biontech and didn’t have any issues with PFS symptoms. Just felt very tired for about 12 hours.

I received the bivalent (pfizer) booster over a month ago with no impact whatsoever to my PFS symptoms. That was my 3rd vaccine dose in total. None had an effect on my PFS.

I also haven’t gotten COVID yet, fortunately. And having read quite a few patients come back here and report significant worsening after getting COVID, I decided the greater risk was not getting the booster.