PropeciaHelp's only Coronavirus Vaccine topic. Read before posting

Holy shit, Omicron.

At least one sample of Omicron has acquired the Delta spike protein mutation P618R. Its 4.5x the Rt value of Delta despite mitigations.

Any good movies to watch at theatres before Omicron takes over the world?

2 Likes

Well, that was to be expected.

As for the moviesā€¦ Iā€™m curious abot the new Ghostbusters, but tbh I donā€™t expect much.

Got my third shot yesterday.

In keeping with The Ghostbusters mention above, I have ā€œcrossed the streamsā€ and have had Astra Zenica and now Pfizerā€™s vaccine too.

Arm is sore, tired. Nothing else remarkable.

My biggest complaint is that 3 vaccinations down and Iā€™ve got no stickers.

3 Likes

I got my booster shot from Pfizer a week ago (a week after getting the Flu shot). Nothing remarkable happened. My arm was barely sore, I actually forgot I got the shot.

My first two COVID-19 vaccinations were Moderna.

Only complaint is that I lost my vaccination card and donā€™t have my third sticker.

1 Like

Matrix Resurrection and Spider-Man: No Way Home

1 Like

Very cold of you to mention that you got 2 stickers. :cry:

2 Likes

Would like to see the new Matrix but though I wear a mask in public, Iā€™m not keen on watching a movie wearing one, which is the rule now here in the UK. Bummer.

1 Like

Had Pfizer booster today. Nothing to report so far, just a dead arm. Worse than last time but nothing concerning.

1 Like

Had my booster Monday last week. After two Pfizer doses, it was Moderna this time. Had a bit of a sore arm for the first day and felt a bit off the day after, but that went away quickly.

Movie was not the best. Would not recommend.

1 Like

So the biggest thing Iā€™ve had from the booster is extreme lethargy the next day. I am very very tired and just feel like sleeping.

Got my first dose of Pfizer Yesterday. For a moment only diarrhea, tiredness and sore arm. I was late for this vaccination due to bad experiences with drugs.

Got my second Pfizer about two months ago. The second shot hit me a bit harder than the first one(fever plus headache for the whole next day). But otherwise OK. I was also concerned about possible cardiac side effects, so I got heart ultrasound + ECG later. Ultrasound result looked the same as the one I had at 18. It seems I didnā€™t get any direct long-lasting side effects.

You were not kidding. I donā€™t know what I expected, but it was a bad movie.

Has anyone here gotten the new bivalent covid vaccine? Iā€™d be interested to hear from anyone who has. Iā€™d also like to hear from those who have already commented in this thread to see if they still think the vaccine was harmless as far as PFS symptoms go.

When I first crashed from PFS, it was a few weeks after a covid vaccine booster. I think it was likely just a coincidence because it was also a month or two after I stopped topical finasteride, but of course I canā€™t be 100% sure. Since my first crash I have made huge strides in my recovery. Where I was sleeping 0-3 hours a night, it is now 6-8, erections and semen are back to normal, anxiety attacks are gone, etc. etc. Now the bivalent vaccine is out and I am apprehensive about getting it because of what happened last time I got a booster and because I donā€™t want to do anything to jeopardize my recovery. At the same time I also worry about getting covid (I still have never had it) and especially long covid, which has a very high chance of causing sleep problems. So anyway, Iā€™d love to hear from you, especially if you have also been experiencing a recovery and you got the new bivalent vaccine.

Havenā€™t had the bivalent vaccine but had three doses of Pfizer/Biontech and didnā€™t have any issues with PFS symptoms. Just felt very tired for about 12 hours.

I received the bivalent (pfizer) booster over a month ago with no impact whatsoever to my PFS symptoms. That was my 3rd vaccine dose in total. None had an effect on my PFS.

I also havenā€™t gotten COVID yet, fortunately. And having read quite a few patients come back here and report significant worsening after getting COVID, I decided the greater risk was not getting the booster.

After my second pfizer biontech vaccination in Aug 2021 I was ugly fatuiged for three month. So I never got a booster or anything. Than I had COVID last month with very mild symptomes for two weeks. Iā€™m a severe pfs case. Really sick only for three days with COVID. They call me a very pessimistic poster but I have absolutley no lasting COVID symptomes and pfs didnā€™t go worse from COVID in my personal case. My former nurse service, Iā€™m care level 3 with all my pfs symptoms after one and a half year, was so afraid that she never came back, even after I got a negative test from an official drive in COVID center.

2 Likes

Well I went ahead and got the bivalent booster yesterday and I was completely unable to sleep last night. Zero sleep, which is something that has not happened in many months for me, over half a year. After struggling and defeating PFS insomnia, this is indescribably frustrating. I did a search and this insomnia caused by a covid vaccine is mentioned once in the medical literature:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9384173/#:~:text=As%20vaccination%20efforts%20continue%20worldwide,of%20the%20COVID-19%20vaccines.

That article calls it a unique case, but simply searching ā€œcovid vaccine insomnia redditā€ on google shows that it is far from unique! Many people developed severe insomnia immediately after a covid vaccine shot. For some it only lasted for a few days but for others it has lasted the better part of a year and then they just stopped posting.

Here is one of the reddit threads (read the comments), but there are others to be found:

I suppose it is a risk either way because long covid can also cause insomnia, but I know I certainly wonā€™t ever be getting another covid shot. Itā€™s just too risky. I may even be worse off now if I get covid because a lack of sleep weakens the immune system. Just wanted everyone to be warned and be aware so they can make an informed decision. I will update a month from now, or sooner if the insomnia resolves, to let everyone know how it works out.

1 Like

I know this is old but I feel a need to add my experience for posterity. Looks like this discussion was among existing PFS sufferers and whether the vaccine would exacerbate it. I want to add an instance of where it may have contributed to getting PFS. Or not.

I have two threads warning about the danger of restarting propecia as it relates to the most severe and intractable PFS symptoms, i.e., the relentless physical full-body degenerative condition that doesnā€™t end until you end. Where a ā€˜baselineā€™ never materializes. Based on my own experience and consistent reports of sufferers dating back long before covid materialized, so this post should not cast any doubt on that danger.

I used fin for twenty years and stopped/restarted several times without becoming AR silenced. I did develop some unusual systemic problems during my last hiatusā€¦lactose intolerance and early onset cataracts, neither of which runs in my family. Also an adverse reaction to asthma medication that had never plagued me before. So it is possible that I already loaded the sixth bullet in the PFS revolver and by then was just spinning the chamber.

I got my first Pfizer shot mid August 2021, restarted fin early Sept after being off for two years, and then my second shot in late September.

My fin dosage became erratic and I experienced sides in November, at which point I once again stopped using. A week and a half later I crashed and have wasted relentlessly ever since. Point being I donā€™t know if the shots contributed to the epigenetic context that finally killed me. But they were part of the picture and letā€™s face it, we know they werenā€™t tested against fin or any particular pattern of usage.

The political intrusion into the safety discussion around the vaccines is too overwhelming for data points to be of any use but hopefully before the next pandemic that wonā€™t be the case. It should also be noted that there are communities just like this one that link symptoms just like ours to the vaccine, possibly in combination with other epigenetic factors and they are just as gaslighted.

3 Likes