Propecia Kills Another Innocent Man in the UK

RIP Nick Barringston.

youtube.com/watch?v=MjJhXGcy-A8

fucking tragic,life is so short and to have your libido etc taken away is very cruel…

Awful news… This is truly criminal that this is allowed to continue

Very sad. May he rest in peace and condolences to the family.

I have emailed the regulator in the UK with this video to ask how many more deaths will it take before they start taking this issue seriously.

1 Like

Please share their response.

Sad but true: It will probably make no difference. Regulatory agencies either do not care, or intentionally ignore, individual reports of adverse effects that result in suicide. The most that could be accomplished is statistical analysis that shows the rate of “reported” suicides resulting from Propecia use is not significantly greater than the suicide rate among the general population.

Only say this because the same thing happened when there was an uproar over Accutane-related suicides in the UK in the early 2010s.

Won’t matter until it happens to one of them or their children.

Still, thank you for trying to bring attention to this problem.

Accutane was drawn from the market in the USA years ago. Mostly due to massive court victories against the drug maker.

The MHRA responded and said they are investigating and will respond in due course. I informed them of the three UK suicides I’m aware of, and asked them to connect the dots and intervene.

Did this man have an account on here?

I’m not sure but he was on Facebook.

facebook.com/nick.barrington.140?fref=ts

Sad times.

However i am glad he is at peace now. He chose the abyss over this fucked up PFS life.

Blood on mercks hands

Merck don’t care; because that money keeps rolling in. FDA doesn’t give a crap either.

Here is the reply from the MHRA. Merck don’t even need to hire a lawyer - the drug regulators are doing all their work for them!

Thank you for your email regarding the safety profile of finasteride 1mg for the use of male pattern

baldness.

You note that there have been another two reported deaths within the past year following the use of

finasteride. We currently have very few details regarding these cases. However; we are in the process

of following up these cases with the relevant reporters and health care professionals for information that

will help us to better evaluate the relationship with finasteride. As you may be aware, the risk of suicide

is increased in men of this age, according to the Office of National Statistics (ONS)

ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulation … etins/suic

idesintheunitedkingdom/2014registrations

In December 2015, Health Canada conducted a review which concluded that at present there is not

enough evidence to attribute suicidal ideation to finasteride use. More details of this review can be

found at this link:

hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/medeff/b … 12-eng.php

Within Europe at the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee, the EU is conducting our own

review of depression and related terms including suicidality. The results of this review will be available

later in the year.

As in previous correspondence, we would like to stress that patient safety is extremely important to us

and can assure you that we are continuing to monitor the risk-benefit for finasteride for male pattern

baldness.

Specific issues that we are monitoring include those around sexual dysfunction, which you have

previously reported. As well as this, all safety information relating to the use of finasteride in Europe is

reviewed in regular periodic safety update reports. This includes reviewing all adverse events reported

in the EU together with all relevant published literature and research (including information provided by

the Post Finasteride Syndrome Foundation).

We would like to thank you for contacting us and for the further follow information you have provided on

your experiences. If you have any further details regarding your own case that you think could be

useful, especially in regard to a medical endocrinology review, we would welcome this information. Any

new information should be quoted in relation to reference number ADR 22287889.

Yours faithfully

Alie Banner Simpson

Scientific Assessor

Benefit & Risk Management Group (Unit 1)

Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Products Agency

Floor 3-O

151 Buckingham Palace Road

London

SW1W 9SZ

1 Like

No surprise there. The MHRA and other government regulatory bodies are funded by the pharmaceutical industry.

They are not going to bite the hand that feeds them.

83.98.30.20/MHRA/SearchHelp/Freq … dex.htm#l6

Disgusting. I am shocked they’re not just saying there’s not enough evidence, but telling me that suicides in that age group are to be expected. Merck don’t even need a defence team - the regulators are doing it themselves!

1 Like

It appears that not enough men are killing themselves over a hair loss drug for their liking. They are wanting more deaths before it is statistically relevant enough for them to give a damn, and even then I have my doubts. It is amazing that a public body that should be protecting our “health” can not blatantly see that a risk/benefit analysis for a fecking hair loss drug is laughable at best and criminal at worst when the side effects for some are life changing and life ending.

1 Like

Not exactly true. At least not in the US. They are a little slicker about the corruption. The way it works is the top staff of most of the governmental agencies end up finding lucrative jobs in the area they formerly were in charge of regulating. So the bosses who control the underlings who make most of the decisions encourage them to avoid being too hard on particular drug companies.

I’ve been saying for years the pharma companies and the various western governments are in on the whole thing together. Its not even really that well hidden… same can be said for the financial services industry and the military-industrial complex. All the corruption is pretty well known by advocates and whistleblowers already.

Occasionally they will single out one of their own for prosecution but its usually only when they buck the system or become an issue for the other insiders that this happens. You gotta realize what we are dealing with here; it is a complete denial of scientific evidence and culpability. Its not that they don’t actually believe this is possible, its just that it doesn’t benefit them to admit it. Also, its sad but really hundreds of men could be killing themselves every-single-day from Finasteride and even then it would probably take a few weeks for them to recognize it. With millions of people under their jurisdictions in most of these countries these people really just don’t care.

1 Like

It is criminal no question. Its just that our countries have long put profits ahead of human beings. For all our modern progressivism, we are sadly extremely unhumanistic. As far as being statistically relevant. Well they can keep selling the trash and people will die. I highly encourage no more people to consider ending their own lives though… because it hurts these low-lifes more to have more of us alive, complaining and exposing their evil instead of dead and gone… which is exactly where they want us.

Please leave a comment on this forum they trying to say that Nick’s death was not caused by Finasteride.

hairrestorationnetwork.com/e … ost2474908

Against my better judgement I created a profile on that wretched site and left a comment, although the nature of which will probably have me banned. I don’t know how you manage to go on to these sites. They just stress me out reading all the zealous denialists. You could show them irrefutable proof and they still would shout you down as if you were a pussy, whilst at the same time they spend hours online hanging out in a forum talking about their hair and taking photos of it. Oh, the irony.

2 Likes