Progesterone treatment?

LATE took everyday and when he felt cured he started decreasing I guess to every other day.

One thing I think it may be REALLY important is adrenal, cortisol to progesterone cream.
You guys can see that LATE, Elb and Beekay said about it. Elb even said that if our cortisol is high the cream won’t work.

1 - IHP took Dexamethasone if his treatment and said he felt better, he did just one pill divided doses or just 2 pills I don’t remember. But he said the improvement he got stayed. (Dexa decrease cortisol levels, he was in his diet, meds, sups and when he took it he felt an improvement).

2 - Selegiline is used in Crushing syndrome which causes high levels of cortisol. LATE took it during his treatment until his body would be ok to support just the cream.

Just food for thought.

The best type of cream that we know of so far is the cream that cured the person, and made many other people better which is Biovea. He applied it every day 2 weeks on 4 days off. I’m not trying to be a dick but it’s very odd that we have a protocol that cured someone and people are trying to alter it.

RHODOLA ROSEA and RELORA are used to treat anxiety as they reduce cortisol. I see my doctor in a few weeks so will ask about progesterone and find out why or why it doesn’t work. He’s an endo so he should be able to shed some light on this protocol, I will keep you guys posted. The Lions Mane I’m taking has so far has reduced my anxiety and depression. I seem to be having less spasms. Once I’ve done a month I will update my post on LM.

I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked in one of the previous 38 pages…

I Googled “progesterone cream men” to try and learn more. I was surprised to see many statements on a few sites about progesterone being a strong 5 AR inhibitor. That’s a little scary but I also know not everything on the internet is accurate. Can anyone comment on this?

Ref:
http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Progesterone_Men.aspx

Progesterone:

-Inhibits testosterone product. (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19106225)

-Blocks androgen receptors. (ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12600226)

-Inhibits 5-AR. (cenegenicsfoundation.org/lib … terone.pdf)

And is often used as a means of chemical castration for male sex offenders.

Why are you guys using it then and why the success…

I’m using it because I don’t need to understand why something works in order for it to work.

If you want to follow that logic then you should believe yourself cured because scientific studies show that there are no permanent side effects from taking finasteride, but here we are!!

Haha well said Brongfongboy

I was just asking…
Hoping for some other kind of answer, a bit more scientific.

Think the reasoning is that PFS patients have low allopreganolone. Progesterone is a precursor so I guess theoretically would upregulate it - yet there’s no evidence of PFS patients having insufficent progesterone anyway so the logic is flawed.

There’s also the argument that it opposes ‘estrogen dominance’ - but again vey little evidence supporting this.

Would anyone be so kind as to just summarize which users are claiming full or almost full recoveries from this?

From other threads I’ve gathered elb and light at the end.

Just don’t feel like searching through 38 pages.

Also has it already been addressed that light at the end, the originator of the thread, stopped in August 2011 and started the thread telling of the benefits of his treatments in August 2012? That’s a really short time. Maybe it is addressed in the next few pages and I’ll get to it.

Sorry, not trying to shoot you down it’s just been brought up a lot. We’re sort of in uncharted territory here, there’s theories on why it would work but also reasons why it wouldn’t so we’re just putting it to the real world test to see what happens. We are the guinea pigs.

With my doctors consent I am now off my SSRI. I have increased my Lions Mane to 2grams at night with ALC, 5 HTP and Bacopa. The Bacopa should help with coming off an SSRI. I spoke to my Dr about progesterone and he doesn’t think it’s a great idea right now as it has it’s own set of side effects which he’s not sure if these will affect my PFS in the long term. He wants me to have a 2nd opinion on my PFS. We never discussed the side effects although I did briefly ask about cortisol and this can affect progesterone’s effects. I also want to try Rhodiola with my CoQ10 for cortisol support at some point.

My test level is just over 4nmol/L. Basically, I’ve been given an estimate of 10 years at this level and then my bones will be beyond repair. My life will be pretty much screwed by the time I hit 50 so the clock is ticking for me, I’m still taking this all in. For those of us 40 and over the bone issue is a dangerous problem which I never saw coming. My bones crack and ache constantly and I feel fragile, I could well end up in a lot of pain. My advice for those who have a similar T level is to start taking supplements for your bone health. I’m now taking Vit K2 (MK7), glucosamine, copper and magnesium. My Dr also wants me to go on testosterone right away and push my levels up to 20nmol/L to try and help my bones and heart. Whether this will work I don’t know but my T is at a dangerous level. If we manage to get my T up to 20nmol/L and my bones stock aching then this should be a good sign that they are absorbing the T.

We discussed my muscle spasms and he want’s me to see a neurologist. Spasms have been linked to Low T, I can’t remember the condition that causes the spasms but it’s another bloody problem that needs investigating. This issue needs ruling out, but then the spasms could be coming from demylination so I wont know until further investigation.

You guys in your 20’s and mid 30’s still have time on your side, the body is not aging as such so shouldn’t be susceptible to the issues I’m facing but nether the less you should seriously be looking into bone and heart health and doing what you can to protect them. This is scary shit we are dealing with and we need to be better prepared because problems will just creep up over time. The bone and heart issue could pose the biggest threat to our longevity.

I know that some folk have been diagnosed with lesions on the brain. From what I have learned recently from MS patients is that we can live with the lesions there’s no need to panic. It’s only when a lesion disrupts the brains activity that you have a problem it just depends where the lesion appears in your brain or body.

Sorry to hear about your situation with your bones.thats scary stuff.you don’t deserve to be in that situation.
It makes me want to go and find the people responsible for putting and those who allow this poison to stay on the mkt and knee capping them.
They literally deserve every bit of it and worse.
I will do something if this turns out to be incurable.im resigned to that.
An eye for an eye.

andyuk
sorry to hear about this all. your T is extremely low. mine was 8.5 nmol/L and I was feeling like dying.
please start taking vit D3 and you will be feeling a lot better.
Also could you clarify about cortisol what dr told you? what is your cortisol blood vs saliva. I have high blood but bottom low saliva.

Thanks guys much appreciated. It’s crap but you have to post this stuff so others can learn and prepare, the only way forward is through solidarity.

My cortisol levels have not been measured recently it was purely a possibility.

The scale of this problem and the number of suicides has got me thinking. Men are and will die alone because of this drug and partly because they are alone. It seems impossible right now and maybe far fetched in some folks eyes but a place of refuge were fellow sufferers could live together would help. There will be men who loose their jobs, their income and their home because of propecia, these are the things that send healthy people to the grave let alone sick folk. This website allows us to come together, share ideas and developments, it is a place that unites our cause and provides strength. We have over 4,000 members, I’d like to see more voices and a statistical model that collates all our info so we can see at a glance, age groups, testosterone levels and even death rates if it creates more urgency among us. It’s tough but we could be doing more.

theguardian.com/lifeandstyle … ed-my-life

For the record My Endo looked at me funny when I said Progresterone is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor, he said, no it isn’t, and explained to me what it is… and this is not any Endo but one very familiar and sympathetic to our plight…

So is it or is it not? link above not working

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11358723

According to this study (hair follicles, humans), progesterone is almost as potent as finasteride at inhibiting the reductase activity…

Interesting post, my Dr mentioned that progesterone could be as bad as finasteride although I never pushed for details, we had a lot to go through during the appointment. At the moment health wise I’ve got to address other issues. My Dr may just be being cautious and doesn’t want me to add this hormone into the mix. Until I get a second opinion from another Dr then progesterone is off the table for me.

1 Like

This study reveals evidence of progesterone’s 5-ar inhibition in genital skin of women.

http://journals.lww.com/greenjournal/Abstract/1991/07000/Effects_of_Sex_Steroids_on_Skin_5_alpha__Reductase.21.aspx