Probiotics benefits

Never had Kefir but based on feedback seems more like a crapshoot. It’s basically “fermented” milk similar to a thin yogurt. The strain(s) used for fermentation is key. I’d guess common Lactobacillus acidophilus or Bifido strains are mostly used.

It’s best to look at the ingredient list and see which strains are contained.

1 Like

Yes, and It may take longer for true commensals to recover, similar to taking the wrong non-selective antibiotic. Some commensals may never come back.
There’s been studies on this.

Also on kefir, and dairy probiotics, we are not made of yogurt.
In fact we are probably about the only species that continues to consume dairy after weaning.
A true probiotic would try to mimic a human commensal. I could say though a couple of dairy strains come pretty close when comparing their genes, but then again would that really be a true commensal or just a transient microbe?

Was the shot of Chrysocor an actual injection? Has anyone tried the Chrysocor pills?

1 Like

This! Finesteride aside, abusing ABx such as Z-Pak, Doxycycline, Flagyl, Amoxicillin, and even Rifaximin may be the reason behind my persistent gut dysbiosis. The hypothesis about various ABx targeting certain genus and encouraging those resistant-to-antibiotic commensals to fill in the niches is very plausible. An anecdotal evidence would be my Xifaxan usage for SIBO leading to increased Lactobacillus genus while reducing E. Coli and probably Clostridium species. I foolishly took more Lactobacillus strains. The result was too much D and L lactate and reduced Butyrate. This may explain why experimenting with Butyrate, Bifido and E. Coli strains and avoiding Lactobacillus altogether was helping in my case.

1 Like

That’s weird cause I use this exact same one and it’s been very beneficial. Not sure what’s causing the negative reaction

1 Like