**POST TEMPERTURE HERE AND THYROID COMMENTS**

Post your body temperatures here.

I don’t think there is already on thread on this? a constantly low body temperature means something is very wrong in your body, we should pay more attention to this.

Mines constantly around 97.7-98.0… Was 98.6 almost always before I took finasteride…

There are multiple threads on this.

(edit:threads merged)

I wake up with a temp of 35.8 which rises to 36.1 most days, I did get to 36.6 on a visit to my Endo I felt quite good that day, my temp has steadily been rising and hands and feet feel better.

How you lot measuring? left armpit or under the tongue?

Mine is 36.7 right now but it’s 12:15 midnight here. I will take one in the morning because that’s when i feel the worst.

I really want to see my body temperature rise, even if i don’t feel any better. I do not like the thought of having a chronic low body temp.

35.8 - 8:00 am :frowning:

My body temperature was 34.7C (morning) in April 2010.

It is now 36.3C after treating the causes of my suffering. I expect it to rise further as my recovery continues.

JN

34.9(min) - 35.4(max) from last week day&night. i don’t know what those means just posting …

My temp before propecia was very stable at 36.5 C. After propecia, it was low (I reached 35.8 at some point). Since when I’m boosting my metabolic rate (via pregnenolone,progesterone,T4,T3), it has increased back to normal levels of 36.5 (although not very stable).

Although it would seem that my metabolism increased with the treatment, the tolerance of my body to testosterone has remained low, i.e., my body tries to “hide” T (T is low, SHBG is high). In theory, increasing the metabolic rate should let your body allow higher levels of T. It did in some people, but not in my case.

Im not sure how much we should read into this, i tested my

G/F 9am = 36.4/97.5

Sister 11am = 36.3/97.3

Father 2pm = 36.3/97.3

How? Regular thermometer (not electronic)? Under the armpit? <—supposedly the most accurate method.

My temperature seems to vary immensely. Like noted in this thread, people’s temps are lower in the morning.

I’ve had 35.2 and 35.4oC readings first thing in the morning, even recently.

I measured myself this afternoon and it was the highest it’d been, well ever since i started measuring months ago - 36.6oC. Overall my average temp seems to have gone up.

Im going to have a 24 hour saliva cortisol test soon hopefully and measure my temperature each time so see if that tells me anything interesting.

The real test would be to give a person with lower body temperature/suspected hypothyroidism/immune system challenges some finasteride and see what happens. I’d bet that if you have such people take finasteride, it would take them down a rapid path of illness. I have issued this “finasteride challenge” in jest to a friend of mine who works long ungodly hours, travels a ton for his job, doesn’t get enough sleep, has frequent jock itch and eczema and colds and immune depression symptoms when he is most stressed and overworked. He had done a round of finasteride many years ago, unaffected. This time around, it’s my strong hunch he wouldn’t be so lucky.

And he’s gonna do it?

Bluecloud87, reading comprehension, mate! You’re a native English speaker, I expect better. The key phrase is highlighted above. Of course I wouldn’t seriously suggest that my good friend take finasteride, I wouldn’t wish finasteride on my worst enemy. I was making a theoretical point to him and to the forum. If it wasn’t obvious before, I generally subscribe to the “immune” theory of PFS, if you will. Anyone who as a similar view please feel free to PM me and we can exchange more theories, ideas, article links, etc.

Same thermometer i used for my testing.

I am now averaging about 36.3.

Has anyone got family/ friends who they can get body temps off without it being embarrassing/ weird? ha. I am waiting to receive my new thermometer as the readings of 35 degrees C yesterday MUST have been wrong. My temperature has never been that low.

Sorry buddy. What are you doing these days as far as testing/ treatment? did you find a good naturopath?

Can you also tell ihatepropecia to get his ass back on this forum and post in the recoveries section once he is not taking anymore nystatin or other drugs

This thread is for posting TEMPERATURES AND THYROID COMMENTS ONLY. Please keep it on topic. Thanks.

Some good info on the wilson protocol here…

livingnetwork.co.za/lifestylefunctional-medicine/hormones/thyroid-problems/wilsons-low-temperature-syndrome/

Interesting reading. I would like to try it sometime if i thought it was safe enough. Seems to be very promising. Body temperature is really important - it’s so overlooked here its a joke…]