Post finasteride syndrome and adrenal fatigue

Saliva test came back… Borderline Adrenal insufficiency. But I guess I am just a “home brew” guy not someone that is literally almost dead from a few days pro-Fucking-pecia.

1 Like

What does that mean? I feel like I have a lot of symptoms you have and would like to find out how to get better. How did you get your doctor to agree to give you a saliva test?

How did you deal with your loose teeth? Have any actually fallen out? My teeth are getting pretty wiggly as well.

Hi there

So far nothing - None have fallen out, just that there is more movement in them than there should be for my age. X-ray has revealed some bone loss indicative of teeth grinding which I don’t do and there is no evidence of either. I mentioned it to my Doctor when I last saw her but she hasn’t pursued it. I’m always reluctant to mention a symptom which I believe is related to propecia use, although she knows how much it has impacted me. I’m wondering with my thin skin whether I have osteoporosis. I’ll discuss it again when I next see my dentist as to any preventative action like calcium supplements. Bizarrely, with everything else that has happened, loose teeth doesn’t seem so bad.

The teeth that are most affected are in my upper jaw.

How did this go for the OP?

I am suspecting Adrenal Fatigue for a long time. After reading through Adrenal Fatigue symptoms and books, they are just too similar to ours.

After years and years of horrible mental symptoms (even worse than PFS), I took DHEA and Pregnenolone in early December 2019. Two hormones wich got produced in the adrenals. Within a week or two I was a new human. Anxiety was gone. I had a personality. I had confidence. I had joy in life. I felt like a men.

I was off them for 3 months because I was (and still am) on HCG Protocol. These 3 months were pure nightmare. I lost my personality again. So much anxiety. Very bad mental issues. Now I started DHEA again about a week ago. And things start to shift again.

I also tried Prednol for couple days but was too afraid to continue. I ordered Adrenal Cortex but unfortunately the Turkish customs seized it.

1 Like

Any benefits seen from HCG?

Yes and no. I am a more difficult case. My main problem is not pfs but heavy mental problems. Probably due to benzos.

But people on the ray peat forum having pretty good improvements on pfs.

1 Like

So I tried Methylprednisol 3 days in a row. 1st day 3mg wich gave me endless energy. My depression, gone fully! And a super mood and great brain functions came back. It was like I was on grams of cocaine. Probably too much energy. In the evening my heart was pounding. Next day I took 1mg and had the same benefits with no heart problem. 3rd day same with 1mg. Yesterday I did not take it and had a bad mood today. Until I took 1mg again. Now still in good mood. And my libido is back after weeks of not being there. And my digestion was working quite good! My pancreas stopped producing digestive enzymes in 2012 when I had that trauma on weed and a flu and 3 months of chronic stress. So I found this article very interesting. Could explain digestive issues we have after fin.

Yet I am too scared of this drug and will stop it. I have no experience with it. And I am scared to shut down my adrenals, wich would lead to death as much as I know. At least I should check cortisol levels with a doc and then get advice from him how and how much to take if there is cortisol deficiency.

I am on dhea and pregnenolone again. And they help me so much with psychological issues and anxiety.

So yes, for me, adrenal fatigue is a big factor in pfs.

Did you have immediate benefit with progesterone and did you use the cream? I tried a small amount and my shrinkage got worse within a few hours so I stopped.

How are you 90% recovered? What was your routine/protocol?

I think I found a solution that works for me. I wrote it here and on ray peat and other forums I am. In the end of 2019 I had a full recovery for 4-5 days. Then things settled down. But up until the end of February 2020 I had a very good state. I had a GF from end of December to mid April. The first two months I had awesome libido. We had sex 2-3 times a day. And usually before December 2019 once a month was enough for me. From end of February on, my Libido went down to zero and I had my old state back. I was pushing away my new GF and got my old behaviour, trying to avoid sex and even felt disgusted from sex. Once a week was too much again.

In the end of 2019 I started taking DHEA, Pregnenolone, Progesterone and Ashwaghanda. In the end of February 2020 I stopped Ahswaghanda, thinking it gives me more histamine issues. What a tremendous mistake! I kept going on with DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone and was wondering why these stopped working as before.

2 months ago I figured out that my heavy migraines and brain inflammation is coming from Pregnenolone. Stopping that stopped my migraines that I had twice a week. I kept going on with DHEA but the effect of Pregnenolone on Anxiety and confidence is great for me. So the anxiety etc. came back. To a degree that I started having issues to order coffee from Starbucks again. That and my libido was none existent since March 2020.

So, 2 weeks ago I found my box with Aswaghanda again. And I hate to throw things away. So I started taking it. And boom. Anxiety much better. Brain fog and slow thinking much much better. Memory much better. Energy better. Depression much better. Food intolerance much better. And libido is good. Not like with 15 (I am 39) but its good. I start feeling desire when seeing women again. Have sexual thoughts etc. Usually I was on a nofap thing. But (maybe out of boredom) I started masturbating daily again. Sometimes just by seeing a women on a youtube video and started having sexual thoughts.

I always suspected that PFS is adrenal fatigue and some issues with the thyroid. And Aswaghanda fixes both for me I guess. Just it should have high amounts of withanolids and ideally it should be KSM-66. I use the cheaper one from Sunday (Germany) -> https://www.sunday.de/ashwagandha/ashwagandha-extrakt-kapseln-hochdosiert.html

This stuff is gold for me and I hope it keeps going on. I am also on 180mg TRT a week for 3-4 months. But that had zero effect up until I started ashwaghanda. Also ordered Pansterone because I miss the confidence and drive that I get from Pregnenolone. It pushes me from social anxiety to approaching girls lol.

1 Like

What’s your Ashwaganda dosage?
I tried some a while back and had to take 3 pills a day for a total of 1500mg. Full reversal of symptoms for like two days, then nothing.
Tried it again this past week. Mild uptake in libido from 0 for one day which died down to again having no effect.

@anon73159565 did you had blood work before pogesterone or your just trying by your self
i just get more pronounced scalp itch and shrunk D when i use but i get erections without libido and spasms .
just want to fix my sleep that s my major problem
my problem is that i dont stick to treatements . i got blood work test went from 650 last year to 790 last time and feeling worst than ever
i also thing its adrenal and thyroid problm not the root tho

Sorry for late reply. So just as usual, some supplements work couple days/weeks and then it stops. Aswagandha did something but now not anymore. I take 500mg in the morning.

TRT does nothing. I am on 180mg a week e4d. Brain wise b12 injections do help me. Every time after a b12 shot I am shocked how fucked up my brain was if I not inject 4-6 weeks. But I have lots of gut issues and my pancreas is not working. So the b12 deficiency has nothing to do with pfs.

I had bloods done before any hormones and trt. Progesterone was very low. Testosterone and DHT on the upper end of the scale. I am sure my testosterone is now in the 1200s or more since it was at 760 without trt. But it simply does nothing. İt’s like I am full of testosterone but it does not get activated in the body or whatever.

You already had these issues prior to PFS?

Every time after a b12 shot I am shocked how fucked up my brain was if I not inject 4-6 weeks.

What B12 you use?

That’s quite a high dose to be called TRT.

Did you also get Estradiol tested with sensitive method?

Dude, trt at that dose is only going to tank progesterone and other pro-sexual functions, while sending estrogen and prolactin way up. Are you atleast on hcg?

I took accutane with 15/16 and ever since have gut issues. With 24 I took Finasteride and things got way worse. I got histamine intolerance after finasteride. İt’s been 16 years stopping fin and I still have it.

The pancreas issue started with 30 after 4 months of daily party and drinking on vacation. But since my pancreas looks fine on MRT and ultrason I think it all has to do with adrenal fatigue. I crashed hard in 2012 after 3 months of party. And ever since have tons of issues.

All in all ı think it’s all connected to accutane and finasteride usage. And I had 14 amalgame fillings wich got removed without protection in 2009. So that messed things up a lot.

For TRT, I dont take hcg. İt’s been 7 months now and I decided to probably stop TRT since I dont see any positive reaction. Not even muscle gain. I will do a proper PCT and hope that will recover testicles and the rest of the axis.

So the plan is to wait 2-4 weeks after my last injection. Then HCG and the AIs. But I have to think through before I stop it. I am extremely depressive and that’s not a good mindset to make decisions.

Last year in August I did 12 weeks of HCG following Joekools protocol on raypeatforum. Unfortunately it messed me up more. So I said fuck it I have nothing to lose anymore and did TRT. Hopefully I can get back to at least where I was before HCG.

To be fair, 3-4 weeks ago I had full 2 weeks of very high libido. 2 weeks where I had to fap twice a day cause I could not handle the horniness. But then it dissapeared and now for 3 weeks I am death again. 4 days ago I had one full day of great libido. Did not fap. Yet it dissapeared the next day and now my dick is like death again.

Edit: I am currently not on hcg. Only take 25mg Dhea daily. I never checked bloods since I started TRT. So I dont know about my estrogen or prolactin. Before TRT my prolactin was extremely low. Maybe that’s the reason I ejaculate within a minute when having sex.

This was right after hcg and before trt

And this before I took anything, just 2 years ago

1 Like

Yeah with those T levels I doubt you’d get much benefit from extra T (in a health perspective).

Also if your gonna get off, use something like https://www.steroidplotter.com/ to calculate when the exogenous T has left your body before you start PCT.

And don’t use AI, SERMs are what you use during PCT.

2 Likes

I’m suffering extreme fatigue too. How are you feeling now? Any improvements?