Possible Epigenetic Changes in PFS Patients is Focus of New Clinical Study at University of Milano

This news is about 6 weeks old but I haven’t seen it posted here. Seems they are covering some of the same ground that the Baylor University study was supposed to cover.

pfsfoundation.org/news/possi … cal-study/

1 Like

This study is being funded by users at solvePFS.com

Dr. M and moving very quickly and even has a number of rat models with PFS that he hopes to use experimental treatments with.

So animals suffer for our stupidity :open_mouth: youtube.com/watch?v=GA0l1JXhLaI
Hair-removal drugs, hair-regrowth drugs (saw palmetto), erection and penis-growth drugs, penis-shrinkage drugs (fin), do they test all of those on animals??

This is great news. Hopefully it won’t take ages to get results.

I dont know specifically. But Dr M has a few treatment protocols in mind. I would imagine he has a number cohorts of knockout mice (specific genes turned off) that express similar behaviors to PFS individuals (no mounting behavior, no energy, weak, etc) and plans to try treatment protocols on them.

Any idea what sort of treatment protocols he has in mind ?

This is very good news. There was also a post on this site asking for people to donate to this study. I donated and I believe several others also responded to the post.

It’s good to know that at least one researcher in the world has taken a personal interest in our cause, and is already testing treatments.

1 Like

@moonman1 where did you read/heard about this. Do you know what kind of experimental treatments he uses?

1 Like

Can you link to the thread on this? I just had a look and couldn’t find it.

Hi Greek,

On solve pfs it’s listed under the title;

Very significant findings regarding Pfs and the 5ar enzyme

1 Like

has the study been published?

Not yet.
Probably early 2019 (if no delays occur).

1 Like

@moonman1 I don’t mean to sound confrontational, but how are you hearing about this? You also claimed to have info on the progress of the Baylor study. I’m just asking because I’d like to be kept in the loop as well as far as progress with these studies.

1 Like

Any news about this study? I think this one’s more exciting than Baylor because it’s an attempt at finding a treatment. Best we could expect from Baylor is more doctors acknowledging PFS.

6 Likes

im interested in hearing this as well.

@moonman1 can you please explain?

What does “epignetic” changes mean to be exact? Im scared to even google it right now. I don’t believe pfs is permament. Many of people recovered fully after years of nightmare…

1 Like

basically that some genes got “silenced”

in their chemical structures, a methyl molecule got taken off or something.

i dont think its permanent either but for sure it can be intimidating to learn about whats going on. with all the progress thats going on i think youll be fine. don’t let the information scare you

Is it really? I believe both studies are merely attempting to find the root cause behind PFS. The Milano study is specifically looking at possible epigenetic changes whilst the Baylor study has a more broad focus.

I can go from impotent with numb dick to horny and full sensivity within a day. Of course its not permanent.

5 Likes

Exactly. That’s why it bothers me so much when people say it’s a permanent nerve damage issue, etc. That makes no sense given how quickly people go from bad to good and back again

2 Likes