Possible Epigenetic Changes in PFS Patients is Focus of New Clinical Study at University of Milano

After 2.5 years of little to no libido, I’d say I’m 70% back. I have been waiting patiently to tell my symptom improvement story, but I hate it when people rush it, so I’m going to wait a few months to make sure this is legit…

8 Likes

I’m sure this is reversible, it’s just going to take time but I have good hopes something will come up, if anything there already is a cure out there for all we know it might even be one of those accidental instances.

2 Likes

I’ve had near 100% recoveries on at least six occasions in the past two years since getting PFS, so I’m skeptical if there is necessarily any permanent damage neurologically, at least in my case.

what do you think about the mental sides like concentration problem and cant reading. can this also improve even after 1 year of cessation of the drug ?

2 Likes

What did you do to recover 100%?

1 Like

Nothing to my knowledge…

is there a reason why @moonman1 never responds to questions regarding his statements?

not trying to be hostile

Think we both know the answer to that one

1 Like

i think our answers are different. can you expand?

The answer is he cant know it. thats why he is not posting. sry for this harsh comment but how can moonman know more than the admins of this forum about the study ? i highly doubt that

agree to disagree. Still interested from hearing from @moonman1

1 Like

He is in contact with Melcangi

2 Likes

No.

It was posted last September for those interested.

To be clear, Melcangi does not have a rat model of PFS and this is a miscommunication. He often conducts studies on rats he has administered finasteride, which is not PFS as evidently PFS is not the normal mammalian response to Finasteride.

2 Likes

ah okay. why is he not posting anymore ?

thank you axolotl :+1:

He sent me a message last week inquiring about what has helped me

I can’t quit figure out how to multi-quote so I’ll just try to answer some of the questions I’ve seen. I may be repeating myself because I don’t really have the time to re-read this entire thread.

Ive spoken to Dr M directly. He told me himself he has rat models that he hopes to be able to develop interventions for. Of course he didnt say these rat models have “PFS” but he did say that they have symptoms associated with PFS, so in that sense they have “PFS”. “Less mounting behavior, depressive tests, etc.” He said he had some ideas but did not elude. This was probably 14 months ago. He is focused in on 5ar genes. I mentioned multiple times that the AR gene also needs attention which he somewhat said “its possible” or something to that effect, but I think AXO also has stated that its a little frustrating he is so focused on only 5ar.

I probably don’t know more than what’s already been made public regarding Baylor. Other than the Foundation is getting pretty annoyed with them. Last I heard they were gathering data and the first of many studies was due… well its was probably 6 months ago now.

I’ve also spoken to Phil and Dr S each. Dr S told me a few years back that there was a company somewhat interested in an allpregnenlone drug to treat PFS… running a trial. He said at the time he didnt think it would do much and that we needed to see the study results otherwise we were throwing spaghetti at a wall that was 200 feet away.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed some guys who got PFS took Fin for months/years on end without any problems then quit for a while and went back on it and developed PFS.
Would be good info to relay to Melcangi on rat subjects. Anyone else agree? Have the rat be given finastride for a few months then stop the treatment for a month or two then go back on the treatment and see if the rats are prone to developing PFS?

2 Likes

Yes. That’s how it happened to me. Took it forever, forgot for a month, started back, stopped again.

3 Likes

Yeah maybe if we can get Melcangi’s attention regarding this it could help him in his research.
Didn’t the same thing happen to the user anonymous? I read his story, he took fin for like 17yrs or somthing luckily he recovered but still crazy how that happened, it happened to thetigershull as well if I’m not mistaken (correct me if I’m wrong) he went off for a bit then went back on and got PFS, just going off of memory I saw his story on YouTube.