Photographic evidence of facial changes (post your changes)

Dude I know what you mean. Mine gets this weird kind of sore then stiffness that doesn’t feel natural.

2 Likes

Strangely enough I find I can do more reps in some exercise than before but like you said there’s no androgen pump and I don’t feel like it’s making me any stronger. I don’t lift but I do pushups and pullups and before I’d be pretty jacked afterward but now it just feels cold and wooden.

Studies on AR in muscles would find the issue

Nicotinamide is not NAD!

If you can do more reps then you did before, that’ll mean you’re stronger as well.

I crashed yesterday by washing my hair with cicloprix shampoo. Same thing happened by using Econazol cream weeks ago. All antimycotics are anti androgen for me and make me crash

So what can I use against fungal skin infection know my skin which is not Antiandrogen?

Tea tree oil is natural but also anti androgen

Any advice?

I apologize for being a fussy moderator, but can you please post questions like this in a more appropriate thread? Like for example your Member Story or a new thread. This is a place for photographic evidence of skin changes in patients, not questions such as these.

1 Like

I never had issue with ciclopirox tbh.

Are you serious??? Ever looked on the answers before mine which are not even a little related to skin???

1 Like

You’re right. This place was (and still is) a big mess. It’s not been very long since we decided to do some hard-needed work to organize things a little better.

The staff are a handful of volunteer patients that do this with what little time we have. It’s an almost impossible task to “fix” all the mess that has been made.

In any case, it’s no excuse for you to be lazy and not do your best to keep this place a little bit tidy, especially when it comes down to such basic use of internet forums in general. It’s common sense to make posts in appropriate threads, that doesn’t just apply to this website. You can do better.

Please also think about other (and future) patients, as well. Let’s try to keep this place navigable for everybody.

So instead of being difficult for no reason it would be great if you could show a little bit empathy to other people and co-operate, we aren’t being fussy for no reason.

1 Like

Is it really that big of a deal for you to feel the need to express yourself in this spiteful way?
If you have problems with my conduct feel free to notify other staff members and we’ll see how they act on it.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Like @Wintermoon said, there’s probably a more appropriate thread for this discussion.

We’re all affected by this awful disease in different ways. Everyone is desperate. But these simple rules exist for a reason, and we’re all just volunteers doing our best to create a safe and supportive environment for everyone: https://forum.propeciahelp.com/faq

Let’s try and get this thread back on track please.

2 Likes

Have you improved this symtom?

No I’m only much worse ŕepeated use has been the most damaging aspect

I definitely agree that collagen loss is a symptom that may not be directly related to other symptoms such as flaccid penis and low T and occur independently. Collagen may also not recover after your T has returned to normal, but only worsen, which can also be suggestive of its epigenetic nature. It is definitely a disorder in gene expression, and it can occur in a dose dependent manner in certain areas of the body. I took dutasteride for only 2 weeks with a dosage increase in the last 3-4 days after the onset of overt brain fog. Silly decision. I did this because I believed a dude on one of the forums who told me that fog is due to the increase in DHT and that you need to increase the dosage, that this is the body’s resistance. Trying to find information on Google about brain fog while taking 5a inhibitors in Russian, I then found nothing. I began to doubt whether to continue or stop taking the drug immediately. By the end of the second week, I quit as I could no longer tolerate the brain fog that I had 3 hours after taking dutasteride each time. I had ED, but only for a few days. All side effects disappeared in 1-2 weeks. But after 3 months others came. Very severe loss of facial collagen, steatosis of the liver, dyscholia of the gallbladder, gums began to bleed, and the front teeth cracked, I feel some leakage after urination. What is very strange, my FSH and LH border on infertility (1 mIU, 2 mIU / ml), although the penis has a great erection and no testicular atrophy is observed. The loss of collagen in my face peaked six months after I quit dutasteride. I began to observe the loss of eyebrows and eyelashes in a year. I also began to sweat more (although I didn’t sweat much before PFS). This is probably due to the fact that the short duration of dutasteride was not enough to kill my sebaceous glands, and, on the contrary, they increased, in an attempt to compensate for the suppression of their secretion. I am almost 25 years old, before taking dutasteride I was 23 and I looked like 16 years old, many people thought that I was a teenager when they met me. Now I look like a 32 year old heroin addict. All my life I dreamed of becoming a musician. Now I feel like my life has come to an end. Please do not write to me that I may have used dutasteride in vain in my situation. I know it.

There is no doubt that this is precisely a violation of gene expression. Otherwise, how else to explain why only certain parts of the body can suffer with PFS, the symptoms in which persist even after the restoration of testosterone and DHT levels. My face is oily and growing a beard, but it has lost collagen. Meanwhile, the liver and gallbladder suffered from a lack of 5alpha. I have a great erection, but my spermatozoa are inactive (although they may have been inactive before PFS and I never knew about it).

Before:

11 months after I stopped dutasteride. You can see how my cheeks lost size and fell inward, my face became haggard, circles appeared under my eyes, and my eyes themselves became more round. My skin is sagging:
DSC-0018

6 months after I stopped dutasteride (left) / Before (right). My cheeks became sharp and flat:

5 Likes

I can see how your face changed within a short timeframe (like mine). But imo not significantly. I used to look like 20 with 26/27 years. Loss of collagen in the face made me look older and like you said like a drug addict. I think too that there is no cure for this side. The best we can do is to try avoid more collagen loss.

But I have to say that you look better now despite of collagen loss.

The right side of the face was more affected than the left side. The ocular bone is visible under the eye. And this part of the face periodically hurts, then the pain goes into the head. Also, I noticed behind myself that I had a habit of cracking my jaw, as if something was bothering me inside it. I would not like to believe that face loss is irreversible. My level of hormones in the body is normal, which means that perhaps I have a chance for healing. Who thinks about HGH / IGF-1? To what extent can this help the body to start the process of facial rehabilitation? Has anyone considered taking a skin biopsy by a dermatologist every six months to track the progress of collagen gradation or degradation?

If all the same there were lucky ones whose facial collagen returned to normal after 2-3 years, then how does this happen if this is an epigenetic shift? What about that guy mcibofh?

It is so upsetting to see our face change so quickly in just a matter of months.

I don’t know if it is any consolation to you but I would agree with @Jonnas12 that I also think you look better now, despite the collagen loss. Whilst these types of changes are incredibly stressful for us, I think it is worth remembering that what seems like a huge change to our own eyes, is often a negligible change from other people’s perspectives.

3 Likes

Look at the state of my neck it was 17 inches with a big Adam’s apple 3.5 years ago and the doctors continue to talk depression . I’m pushing lypidsatrophy and have another appointment in 2 weeks. I’ve submitted a yellow card for this particular symptom.the sick fucking disease of pfs

What a difference

my chest and shoulders are crepy and loose now like a 90 year old bit of skirt it’s too upsetting to include a pic of that

That’s awful. What kind of doctor are you seeing? My GP has given up.

1 Like