Phosphatidylserine

can anyone else comment if they have used Lecithin (phosphatidyl choline) and the effects it had on you whether positive or negative? I’m talking about the actual supplment, not the hearts of animals.

come to think of it, i was taking sharp-ps (dha conjugated soy phosphatidylserine) at 400mg/night for about a month (and regular PS @ 400mg/night before that for a month or two) before the best two weeks i had since i crashed. due to certain circumstances, i stopped PS completely. oh, the benefits were lost; coincidence or no? not sure. just started Nutricology EnergyLipids powder, I think it’s doing something, hard to tell. Days i haven’t taken it have been worse, but only slightly. will probably begin readministering dha-ps and see what happens

lecithin contains a few essential factors of methylation… however… what i’m finding out that too much of a good thing can be bad. especially with methylation… you can severely crash hard if you fuck with the wrong thing having to do with methylation…

can anyone else comment on lecithin use?

thanks PAX.

This thread is very interesting… I have been surfing propeciahelp.com thesedays and I can say more or less what activate 5A-redcutase have good effects on the people they try. And these makes a lot of logic!

Btw we are interested in the activation of 5-Alpha-Reductase TYPE 2, its the one that finasteride inhibited.

Belikewater

Just wanted to share my experience with this supplement. I’ve been using this for about 1.5 months and noticed positive changes from the first dose.

Decided to take this because my cortisol was very high. I had crippling anxiety (along with the depression it causes) to the point where I could hardly get out of bed in the mornings. Started taking this and within about 1 week anxiety went from a 9 or so to about a 2/3 and has not swayed. Also my sleep has improved a decent amount to where I don’t wake up every 2/3 hours each night, and my mood has improved a respectable amount.

I’m still far from recovery, but this has made my overall situation much better. Worth a shot it may work for others too.

Any news about it?
Greetings

Been taking this supplement 50mg-100mg / day during 20 days. Had some very nice moments of focus and “mind activation”. I felt capable of getting a medical degree in the half of time that I would normally. I think it also reduced my anxiety but Im not very sure because I took other supplements at the same time. Will be updating as the time pass by.

Id like to add i have been taking this suppliment for around 6 months now. stuff gets expensive but you can get a decent deal at piping rock. i have had good improvments in cortisol levels. I had high cort. and this brought it down well into the normal range after a few months. I would also say it could have contributed to decreasing my brain fog. I take about 300mg in the morning and 600mg at night. I will continue this until im done with this mess.

1 Like

what type?

I’ve mentioned this elsewhere but began taking this along with Baking Soda which may lower Norepinephrine and I can definitely feel lower cortisol and have had some really solid nights sleep the last couple of weeks. Once or twice I’ve slept right to my alarm which has been almost impossible. I had had blood tests showing high cortisol, which this substance treats. I absolutely feel less anxious.

I ordered this one and take one capsule before bed (RDA is 3 but I always micro dose where possible)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0013OQH3Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Anyone else tried this? Still seeing some benefits and if you read this thread you’ll see it was mainly mild positives and no negatives!

Good to hear that you’re getting solid sleep on this, @UKContributor. Would be interested to see if the the positives remain after discontinuation. The anecdotes seem promising. It’s almost an 11-year old thread though, so why aren’t more people taking this then?

1 Like

That’s what I’m wondering. Sleep is better though not as strong as when I first took it, sort of in the middle. It’s certainly done me no harm and potentially benefit.

Biggest difference (I had v high cortisol which this reduced) is less racing thoughts when I sleep, I used to find it hard to stay asleep if I had something on my mind…I still don’t sleep as much as I’d like but I wake up far less for that specific reason and am much more relaxed in the face of stressors.

Also though, I’ve been getting more windows of modest sexual sensation very recently - I don’t know if it’s this or not (I dropped B5 and B12 which had stopped helping and doubled my dose of this (2 caps - up to 3 recommended) and also added DHA) but it’s better at times than for quite a while. Interesting that this post says this substance boosts 5AR.

It also seems to help with testicles as described in this thread - maybe not quite as much as initially but still to a very notable extent.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anybody that’s had a bad experience with this. Why has it not remained on the radar?