PFS recovery is “not impossible. “ In June 2017 I fully recovered (except sleep) - Anonymous1968's post-PFS journal

I will combine two approach, Bupropion+Tribulos, I will going to keep 100mg Bupropion for long term, I will take tribulos ( variable dosage up and down) combine with exercise.

Core of the aporach
1-Exercise and intermittent fasting to stimulate Neurogenesis.
2-Bupopion to boost Neurogenesis.
3-Tribulos to increase receptors sensitivity

Supplemental medication to support
Also I will add to the regime:

Alpha Lipoic Acid+Acetil Lcarnitine —( Acety L Carnitine to support brain health ) ( Alpha Lipoic acid to protect leydig cell form bupropion toxic effect, oxidative stress and others toxins )

L-Thianine at night ( This amino acid increase brain blood flow and help with the sleep ).

So you’re only taking the 12 hour 100mg version once a day too?

I am going to take 100 mg a day (Bupropion), but the doctor told me that I can take 200 mg a day also if I want it, maybe I will increase to 200 mg a day but don’t decide yet.
Today is my second pill.
I’ll keep you posting.

2 Likes

Just a heads up there’s a 150mg extended release version that you only have to take once a day, I’m tempted to switch to that

I know that dosage is important, but the most important now is to test it for longer term, people tend to quit after a couple weeks of use because don’t feel the effect, and it is a bit mistake.
I will play with the dosage at some point.

I’ve asked this in a previous thread but can you share where bupopion increases neurogenisis? It’s not an ssri…

@anonymous1968 I have read a few of your posts and your story is pretty crazy. My biggest question for you is you mentioned you went to the Mayo clinic for a neurological problem where your head bobs when you walk. You said it was not related to PFS but the treatment they provided in an effort to fix the head bobbing, cured PFS.

You also said you went months if not more than a year (?) with not a minute of sleep. Why would you go so long when you had the resources to go to the mayo clinic for something different? I see you mentioned “famous non sleepers” … were you trying to become a non-sleeper in an effort to beat insomnia by just learning to live without sleep? I’m curious about your story for sure.

This post got deleted following a glitch in site software update so I am reposting it.

@anon1948674 Don’t be fooled by psychiatry’s clams for Wellbutrin’s supposed beneficial effects on the brain such as neurogenesis, restoring circuits, and what not. Wellbutrin works on dopamine so it increases motivation. It is a stimulant.

Having said that, I am not saying you should not take it. It is very effective for increasing motivation. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Having PFS is definitely a desperate time and Wellbutrin is definitely a desperate measure. Why is Wellbutrin a desperate measure?

First, it will sharply reduce your empathy and will turn you into an insensitive, inappropriate and slightly psychopathic jerk. Of course you won’t know it (otherwise you wouldn’t allow it to happen). Over time this will really affect your life. Second, and much more importantly, you will feel more motivated to do things that you wouldn’t do otherwise, which puts you in danger of taking roads in life you wouldn’t normally take. This is very profound. Do not underestimate it.

There are many other undesirable side effects, as with all psychotropic drugs, which would take too long too explain.

I understand that with PFS you need the motivational boost but my advice would be to keep the WB to a minimum. A quarter of a 150mg pill is still effective. You will lose the sustained release action but you don’t need the effect holding all day anyway. Also you don’t need to take it every day. You can skip the weekends if you don’t have to work then. WB loses effectiveness with exposure (a bit like meth, non-coincidentally).

How do I know all this? I took WB for 10 years - before I got PFS. Along with SSRIs, it destroyed my life in so many ways that I can write two books about it. Again, I am not saying you shouldn’t take it. If you take any psychotropic drugs at all, WB should probably be it. But be aware it has powerful psychological side effects.

5 Likes

I took Bupropion and it didn’t help, instead just gave me anti-cholinergic type side effects, particularly making me stupid. I also don’t think it stimulates neurogenesis. Exercise is the clear best way to stimulate neurogenesis imho.

1 Like

I started taking it a year ago to quit smoking. Quit in 6 weeks but loves it so much I just keep taking it. Gives me great energy. My libido is amazing on it. I lost weight! Highly recommended however there is a break in period. You have to use it 2-4 weeks to get past feeling odd. A mistake some doctors make is starting at a high dose which cause a lot of sides in people. It can wreck your sleep for weeks until you get used to it.

You are correct in that it will make you take paths in your life that you would not ordinarily do. I recently fought for a promotion at work which I would normally be too scared to try for. Just got it. (I went to 6 co workers and managers and asked them to write recommendation letters … this is not me). I also decided I might enjoy living in Latin America. I started learning Spanish 6 months ago and spend about 3 hours a day. I’m fairly fluent now. My boss put my on the schedule to demo in Cancun in October. My next leap is to try for a team lead position in Latin America as a promotion next year. (I work for one of the larger IT companies in the US). I’m slighly introverted but I’m a sales engineer and this has made me fearless man.

And your also right, it makes you a little bit of an insinsitive prick but I’m enjoying the ride now. I think I’m a typical prick sales guy which is good for my career. I’m thinking of stopping however at the end of the year. No side effects but I’m wortued about long term effects.

For a short term 1-2 year ride, this gets a A+++ in my book.

1 Like

Very interesting. I could use a few of those traits lately, haha

2 Likes

Me too.

Hello again and happy new year! I’m a 51yo attorney in Washington DC. I took FIN daily from 1999 until Dec 2014, then “crashed” ten days later. I eventually 100% recovered from numerous horrific PFS maladies as follows:

6 months total loss of emotionality

24 months total loss of libido

30 months total loss of sexual elections

6 months body feminization (breast development, thinning)

2 months “raccoon eyes”

2 months delusions

1 month penis pain

Lengthy extreme disorientation/feeling unreal

Unfortunately I still suffer extreme sleep dysfunction, which began June 2014. (See my previous posts.)

Rest assured I am not delusional, confused, or moronic. 50+ exceptional doctors- including Dr. Michael Irwig - have “treated” me. I literally have 1000+ pages of medical documentation since 2014! (I totally reject alternative medicine BTW.)

Unfortunately, how/why I naturally recovered is inexplicable and a total mystery. I never expected to recover and only took sleep and anti-depressants for years. But I am Exhibit A that PFS recovery is “not impossible” after all.

I am most frequently asked about fully recovering sexually. It just happened. I had ZERO sexual thoughts for two years but I became ravenously “horny” again in late 2016, exactly as pre-2014. I watched an erotic video in June 2017 and was shocked to discover my sexual plumbing worked perfectly again after ZERO sexual erections - not even a hint of one - since Dec 2014. (My testosterone level was normal entire time 2014 to now). I, er, “pet the snake” 2+ times a day, no issues whatsoever (full, firm, long-lasting). Currently searching for GF. (Pls don’t ask weird or invasive Qs about above. I will not respond. Everything works perfectly normally.)

Feel free to contact me at moviepostercollectors@gmail.com or visit me in DC! One PFS victim has visited twice!

3 Likes

Great to see ! Congratulations you are looking good👍 Are you still taking Belsomra for the sleep dysfunction? What’s your average hours per night right now?

I still believe the steroids you received demethylated something key to making PFS work and that’s why you made such an incredible recovery.

But I could be just talking out my ass. Either way. I’m happy for you. You get to live a good life, make the most of it friend.

I hope too. I recover some day.

i think he is the only one on this forum who took that type of steroid I don’t think it’s some coincidence it might actually be key to figuring this out. That and sage 217 seem promising.

2 Likes

I also noticed people who use fin for a long time then crash they seem to make the best recoveries.

People such as myself who’ve felt the change from the very first pill, I feel like we have no hope but to demetyhlate something if we ever want a cure. If the methylated genes are really causing PFS that is.

Yeah I think the member @Ozeph also recovered after years of using fin. Not sure I wonder if age plays a part in this as well.

The pfs victim who visited you twice is he planning to do the same? If so, is it possible to let him post his progress here?

Thanx.