Peripheral discussions regarding Baylor Study

Theoretically they are curable or treatable thanks to CRISPR cas9 and dcas9

dcas9 can turn gene expression off and on

4 Likes

But as I understand CRISPR is under trial stage now…

They are just starting with human trials and so far they are only experimenting with treating straight forward and well understood genetic defects such as sickle cell disease

2 Likes

Doesn’t sound very promising for us … since its just experimental for now and not established yet

Just because a condition is genetic in nature or has genetic components, doesn’t mean that the treatment must be at a genetic level. There’s hardly any genetic treatments for conditions brought on by genes. For example, you treat type 1 diabetes with insulin, not by hacking their genetics.

We might be able to work around our genetic malfunction by drugs, not by tapping into our genes (which would be hard).

3 Likes

Mesolimbo on pssdforum succeeded to achieve symptomatic relief so it has to be possible.

1 Like

Don’t forget:
-Diet
-Exercise (squats all day!)
-Meditation
-Mindset
-Life situation
-Nature

2 Likes

true but so far the people who’ve made the most accurate theories on PFS way ahead of time (Awor) kind of foreshadow that CRISPR might be helpful.

as for CRISPR, if our gene disturbances are something like sick cell, and nothing something way more complex in that realm of the world, then we would possibly be a great early adopter group for the tech.

4 Likes

Dubya_B

I will recommend to change your icon look ugly and mean, put a happy face, good news are coming.

3 Likes

I think my avatar is very appropriate being the face of a poison control center mascot placed over top of an Accutane pill.

Not sure many people get it, so I will probably follow your recommendation sometime soon.

1 Like

The question is, where’s your avatar @moonchild?

Greek
I didn’t decide one yet but after watching Dubya avatar may I have someone in mind.
I just get my avatar, I think that fit very well.

2 Likes

type 2 tho… metformin moa is not really known dont forget about that

and type 1 acquired kind has been just found to be autoimmune/genetic so this is pretty new

1 Like

I don’t want to sound disrespectful in his memory but speaking of celebrities, I always suspected the swedish DJ Avicii suffered with PFS. Of course I don’t know nothing and he also had some mayor problems with his bladder, pancreas etc. but his body changes look a lot like a PFS victim.

He was loosing his hair in a early age and always wore a cap, I had a feeling that he always tried to hide it. Of course when he was a celebrity I can imagine he was presented with every option available.

He also had an extreme fatigue when training, and his look had an dramatically change during time before his suicide.

6 Likes

Avicii’s death is absolutely the result of prescription drugs - as has been for most dead celebrities in recent times - even if not finasteride. He had a severe opioid problem and perhaps a psychiatric drug problem as well, although the latter is just a hunch.

I wonder could he share with us his knowledge and thoughts regarding this condition. I know he participated in baylors’ and other related studies, buy I think everyone would appreciate his unnoficial opinion. Not sure if he is actually aware of existence of this forum.

There are two outcome.is epigenetic or is no epeigenetic.

1-If no epigenetic then the soluction will be to find out what type of neurons cells are affected and replaced them wthe with stem cells, it problably it going to take years to this get done.

2-If epigenetic probably it is also going to be complicated using a therapy with a direct modification or if use indirect activation of the genes with a global demethylatins agents could be probably risky.

NO EASY WAY OUT.

If epgenetic I go for the global demethylatins agent.
If not epeigenetic then maybe we are going to need ti intent stem cells nasal delivery to see what happen.

There are hundreds of possibilities between those two scenarios, though. Why are those the only two options? Replacing neurons with stem cells by shoving them up our nose? Where did you come up with that treatment? And the “epigenetic theory” or any other theory has not been proven yet, so don’t set your sights on risky demethylating agents that have devastating side effects on the cancer patients that use them…

We need to be open to the cause of PFS before we start talking about extremely unlikely treatments. Only way to get to the cause of PFS is to be patient and wait for the current studies, and keep on raising money for future projects. Without reseach, we’re literally just guinea pigging ourselves and reporting whether or not supplements/drugs help us out.

3 Likes

What on Earth makes you think this is a solely neurological condition or that stem cells would fix erroneous epigenetic reprogramming?

2 Likes

At this point we are all guessing, it just a debate, but obviously or problem is in out brain, what ever your fell down to the dick and toes is processed in our brain, numb dick, libido, anxiety, panic attack, depression is a result how our brain is working.
I said: If the problem is NO epigenetic only stem cell is the only think that will come to play to save the game.