Peripheral discussions regarding Baylor Study

Too many people claim improvements via various supplements like amio acids, or herbs. If the excact mechanism or gene or whatever is revealed then there will be a possibility to treat the symptoms via different medications. I think it will be hard to restore everyone easily, maybe in 10-20 years. But I quess it wont be hard to treat people’s symptoms or get more accurate ideas how we can fix or endo systems via substituting certain hormones and neurotransmitters.

1 Like

No, a problem with the brain doesn’t cause penile atrophy, muscle wastage, or changes in bone and collagen structure of the face as occurs with some of the more severe cases of PFS and PAS.

There are even some PSSD patients with mild physical sides like dry skin , hair, and eyes.

Considering some of the GnRHa victims who have been devastated physically, it is outright outlandish to state this as a strictly neurological condition.

Obviously not caused by a “brain problem”.

Then let’s please keep the guessing limited to mechanisms that can explain the overexpression of androgen receptor in the penile tissue of PFS patients before making declarative statements. It is one of the site rules regardless:

5 Likes

Gimme some stem cells and gene editing. Forget that people have been cured by some basic herbs and amino acids, can’t be that simple.

Is there a roll eyes emoji on this forum? Because some of these ideas are borderline crazy

2 Likes

Ok but isnt it also absurd to suggest that facial bone wasting, facial collagen loss, penile shrinkage, muscle wastage and severe mental symptoms like concentration loss and anhedonia can be solved by a simple herb?

To me that idea can be laid to rest as well.

2 Likes

Cmon guys, maybe you should fight over your theories based on nothing?

humanbiology is very complex.

It could be the case that we have to only supplement one specific hormon or neurotransmitter to cure most of the symptoms.

3 Likes

you guys just need some spice

i can´t say its the only thing affecting me cause it´d be hypocritical but i started injecting intramuscular DMT some weeks ago and i think im in a better place

and like Dubya said its not something “in your brain” by any means, it can be a catalyst…which can leverage a recovery, that is all

3 Likes

Injecting dmt? Is it the same as smoking dmt or drinking ayahasucha? Do you have trips?

I’ve been interested in both dmt and ayahasucha (specially ayahasucha) because of the result how people with permanent depression changed their lives.

An account of healing depression using ayahuasca plant teacher medicine in a Santo Daime ritual

there are thick medical books on Ayahuasca curing all kinds of issues yeah

Santo daime church is from where i live btw
never searched for them, always did my own at home or in the jungle with a shaman

i tried many roa’s and each one is a unique experience but i prefer injecting it intramuscularly, it’s safe, stable(lasts 1h on the clock) a nice compromise between the intensity of smoking vs the stability of pharmahuasca…

as for the recipe you need one mol of acid per 100mg pure DMT, i just mix wih 0.7ml of vinegar heat it to dissolve and inject in the ventrogluteus, never had a problem but you can also use a syringe filter

doses i tried are 120-180mg

I’m a PSSD guy and I have all those physical sides you mentioned plus severe penile atrophy. I would guess my androgens are fucked up as well. I think only some PSSD people get hit with these sides though. Lucky me smh

Avoid posting to this thread unless the post is relevant to the Baylor study.

1 Like

We all the PFS we are also PSSD, we all are traumatized too.

I would bet that your androgen levels are normal. Most of us don’t have hypogonadism, or even borderline hypogonadism. It’s understandable to think you do because, for many of us, this condition feels like the symptomatic descriptions of severely low testosterone.

It does seem as if physical changes to genitalia are far less prevalent with PSSD and PAS than PFS, with the tissues affected by the anti-androgenic effects of each respective drug as a plausible explanation for this. What is surprising to me is that serotonin has recently been found to have a potent anti-androgenic effect on prostate tissue through an antagonistic effect on AR expression, while there are very few PSSD patients with prostate complaints. Maybe there are, but it’s simply not mentioned often. The symptoms survey will hopefully help to clear this up.

1 Like

Moved several off-topic discussions spawned from talk of the Baylor Study to this topic. Apologies if any relevant comments were caught up in this move.

There’s actually more than you might think - I thought the same so I looked into it and did find a fair few, along with LUTS and frequent urination.

1 Like

Thanks! Wasn’t expecting that item of survey data so soon.

I also foresee far more complaints of prostate pain from PAS patients than one would expect. Not many PAS patients talk about it, but “Prostate Discomfort” was reported with a very high PRR (proportional reporting ratio) value on RxISK’s side effect database when they still hosted it.