peeing all the time all day all night

i pee all the time…anybody knows how to make it better? I could be peeing 20 times an hour if i drink enough water…and at night it’s really bad…i cannot sleep at all. I think it’s about our prostate shrinking, which somehow changes the position of the bladder, or affecting its size. Any of you guys experiencing this at all? I’ve tried broccoli for awhile but it did not really work…

1 Like

I had it when i crashed 18 months ago but only rarely now. It should go away mate.

1 Like

it has already been 17 months for me

Frequent urination is actually a sign of an enlarged prostate, which many guys here complain of post-fin. You should see a urologist.

I can also be a sign of a shrunken prostate, which guys here also complain of post-fin. Given finasteride’s original prescribed purpose is to reduce the prostate size this is a more likely conclusion. Enlarged prostate is usually associated with not being able to pass urine along with the urge to urinate. A shrunken, weak, stiff prostate could simply have difficulty holding urine in. Think of a frozen rubber seal, it shrinks and leaks.

I think our thinking on this board needs to fall more in line with that of finasteride’s stated purpose rather than an opposite result. There is only one user on this board to my knowledge that had issues with not being able to urinate and therefore an enlarged prostate, cantsleep.

Can anyone name any others or specific reasons why the prostate would be enlarged rather than shrunken from blocking DHT and cell death? Muscle atrophy and rigidness is a common symptom of PFS. Why wouldn’t the atrophy and rigidness apply to the prostate muscle?

Frustrating issue…I know. Give the broccoli treatment another go. Make sure you follow it 100%. I also found it helpful to drink bottles of water as quickly as possible early in the day…Seems to clear things out a bit.

Mine became tolerable somewhere after the year mark. Give it some more time, Itll prob get better

The shrinking properties of FIN are removed suddenly and the prostate, in reverting to its proper size, overshoots its mark.

While i understand the logic, How many people are unable to or have difficulty urinating other than cantsleep? Finasteride under the brand proscar is prescribed to prevent urinary difficulty.

I had/have the same problem I thought it was because I was drinking too much water before bed. Their doesnt seem to be a limit to the amount of side effects from fin.

Anyone else suffer from Frequent urination ? I have to get up and go to the tolet about 10 times during the night. Is their any cure for this ?

Ive only recently discovered that Finasteride is the reason why I have this problem, I thought it was becuase I drank too much water before going to bed.

There are a number of us that have frequent urination problems. I also have urgency problems.

For me the unvoluntary urinal leaking after peeing is worse than the frequent need to urinate. I think I had the frequency thing even before fin. I sometimes found it hard to sleep 'cause I had to go to the bathroom all the time, and on/after fin it’s been the same.

I had urinary issues from november to march approximately, now they have disappeared. I used to pee maybe even 6/7 times per day, i never counted the times i went to pee actually, but never while sleeping.

So how many times per day do you pee now? I dream of only needing to pee 7 times per day, that’s less than once every 3 hours.

in that period i used to sleep 12 hours per day so peeing 6/7 times per day meant peeing every 2 hours, now i pee a couple of time per day and i sleep at least 4 hours less.

Since I stopped taking Finasteride about 2 months ago Ive developed a urination problem, my doctor said my prostate is fine but I still think their is a problem with it. Does anyone think I should take Saw Palmetto to help with my urination problem ?

What is your urination problem, frequent or difficulty? Some users are here because they took Saw Palmetto, it’s another 5AR2 inhibitor like finasteride.

Its frequent I’m peeing all day and all night like the first poster said. Their seems to be no limit to the amount of urine stored in my body.

Avoid Saw Palmetto. Urinary frequency post finasteride can be from a shrunken prostate and weak bladder/ureathra muscles. Harming them further by blocking 5AR2 isn’t going to help you.

What does it mean if you don’t have to urinate as much?

Sometimes when i wake up i don’t feel the urge at all to pee, but when i actually take a piss, there is plenty

i’ll go through the day drinking water, but i don’t feel much urgency, even though i should

during times when i have more of a recovery I have to urinate more frequently

is this a sign that my prostate is too big or too small? or is this even prostate related?